TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer

TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer
TimeBalm ConcealerTimeBalm Concealer

3.8

INGREDIENTS (on base of jar): Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Dioctyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil. May contain [ /-Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

on 9/10/2016 8:47:00 AM

i am using this concealer for a few months and i have to say that i hate it. it really creases like crazy it is very thick for my under eye area. i have acne problem and i tried the concealer for my acne blemishes but it doesn't work well. its coverage is well for acne but it brings out new acnes or it aggravates my existing acnes. so it is awful for me. i will never buy it again.

on 4/17/2014 3:56:00 PM

Yuck. just YUCK. The most awful concealer i have ever used in my entire life. I've used concealers that cost less than HALF of what this did and did a WAY better job. It's the same prices as the Mac studio finish concealer and doesnt even come close to being as good. It's greasy, and cakes almost immediately and looks crack-y if you powder it. Creases like you wouldnt even imagine, and the shades come off lighter on your face than it does in the pot. Never touching this again, and i'm so disappointed because TheBalm is such a great brand. They def need to up their concealer game. No bueno.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Horrible product. Idk how the lady at sephora put it on but when I got home and used it myself it sat on my lines and made me look like i have wrinkles and I don't. It's dry and hard to blend. Only thing it does is that it covers my dark circles well. I tried applying it with brushes and my fingers but it still cakes up and looks funny. I even went back to see if someone can show me the right way to use it but they didn't recommend me using this product since I have dry skin. Wasted time and money trying to make this product work.

on 2/17/2012 6:11:00 PM

Way too dry, caked. Do not reccomend.

on 1/29/2012 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Upon first applying the product it did seem to cover but wouldn't work into the skin as it should, unless you plan on tugging or pulling or using that wretched sponge it comes with and we all know that the eye area should not be manhandled. It begins to crease rather quickly and requires constant checking and patting in order to remove the creasing that inevitably happens throughout the day. I agree with another reviewer in that the thing I find most offensive is this ridiculous claim that you can "apply before bed to fight wrinkles while you sleep." Firstly, if you look at the ingredients it is full of things I don't really want on my face during the day let alone at night while I'm sleeping. Secondly, it is irresponsible of any company to suggest that you sleep with any makeup products on. Even the truly natural/organic brands would never suggest that and the fact that they suggest that this chemical laden stuff should be absorbed by my skin overnight is truly ridiculous and even somewhat offensive.
It is most definitely expensive and overpriced, especially since it simply doesn't live up to any of its claims and/or hype.
Packaging is so-so, nothing special and at least you can see the color but I absolutely hate that worthless sponge it comes with.
I will definitely never be purchasing this again and I hope that my review, along with others, will prevent others from wasting their money on this as well. If you really want to try this out and see if it works for you please purchase from somewhere with a great return policy so that you can return it if it doesn't work for you. Also, if you truly like the idea of an undereye concealer that is also a treatment for the undereye area (and I absolutely do) then I highly recommend afterglow cosmetics organic triple eye treatment; a truly phenomenal product that is my hg undereye concealer. :)

on 6/25/2011 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I ordered in the lightest color- Lighter than Light- and it was still waaaayy too dark for me. Too orange too. Looked nothing like the color shown on Sephora.com.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Terrible. Not worth the money at all. Its thick, slides off easily, unhygienic jar. I now use MUFE full coverage concealer which has been fantastic, especially for dark eye circles!

on 6/3/2011 9:43:00 PM

Ouch.

Contra:
- cakes in the fine lines. Sits there comfortably, yelling: "Look, peeps, masa_inn has fine lines!!"
- does not cover my dark circles. Yes, they are pretty bad; but I expected a good coverage from this product. Instead of covering them Time Balm makes them zombie-gray. Yeah, I know I need a corrector, but I'd rather shell out the same $$ for BB.
- disappeares in about 3 hours effectively rendering all the above moot.

Mind you, I tried it with moisturizing cream under, without; tried melting, not melting; applying with my fingers, with a brush; and standing on my head. Same results, or lack thereof.

Pro:
- I can return this crap in a jar to Sephora.

Bummer. I do need concealer; and I love TheBalm.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this. It looked like the perfect cover up, but for me it fell very short. This is not as creamy as it looks. I found this very thick and very hard to really melt into my skin. The shade for me was off - even the shade I thought would look right still looked a little orange on me. The container of this is a pain for when you try to get the concealer out. I just was not happy with this.

on 3/30/2011 5:35:00 AM

Don't understand the raves about this here. Does nothing for me. It looks pigmented does not cover my very dark circles. Does not even brighten the area. Bought the shade Light, a little too dark for me. But dare not try lighter than light, Coz it looks white when I applied it on my hand. And so the search for HG concealer continues.