wet n wild #666 liner

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
wet n wild #666 liner
Wet N Wild Lipliner #666#666 liner

3.0

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have always passed by Wet n Wild's liners until I got heavy into brown lipstick and needed a good reddish brown liner to wear underneath the paler colors. I picked up # 711 Chestnut, which is a gorgeous brown and easily beats out some of the higher end brands you would find at Sephora.

I have always passed by the BrandyWine color #666 because I was scared of the frosty, shimmery appearance that it has on the bottom of the pencil. I don't know what took me so long to at last break down and spend the unbearable price of $1, but at last I picked up one of these pencils and put it on my lips. I was prepared for a hideous purple color (from the swatch on my hand), but I'm so pleasantly surprised at what I actually got.

This color reminds me of the 90's. It's has no shimmer or frost at all, and instead is a gorgeous mauve-brown. I've never seen any color quite like it in a liner before (women of color if you're looking for a MAC "Spice" dupe, keep looking. Spice is almost too pale and not really all that flattering on me by itself because of it's pink undertones, this one works because it has more mauve), and I think this would work really well for some lipsticks that I cannot wear alone. I'm thinking that BrandyWine probably looks absolutely stunning with the Silk Finish Lipstick in "Cashmere" that I always admire but never buy or try out because I know it'll look like a frosty nightmare on me.

This color would also look glorious under another mauve-brown lipstick that I have and absolutely adore, which is Maybelline's Untainted Spice (I have a review for that one floating around somewhere). I just ADORE this color, even by itself. Like I said, it's reminiscent of the 90's in that it's got that dark, moody and slightly depressed feel to it when I wear it that makes me think of Aaliyah in Romeo Must Die or Brandy and Monica in the video for "The Boy is Mine". Think lots of shimmer, but with depth to it that doesn't look tacky. If I'm not careful, this could EASILY become my every-day go to color. It's literally perfect. I've probably been looking for this color in my head for years but just wouldn't admit it.

Price point? What price point......literally you cannot beat $1. If you're hard up just wait until Rite Aid or CVS or some other drugstore that carries the Lip Liners has a sale and you can get one for $0.59 like I did today. These are always stocked. Packaging, like most of Wet n Wild, is absolutely awful. The cap flies off, the plastic is a chore to get off, etc. But for the price and size of this pencil I'm not going to complain, and just shove my spare change at Wet n Wild so I will always have this amazing color with me at all times.

I understand the following for this liner, if indeed it has one.

on 11/8/2014 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I normally don't write reviews but I had to for this product. It was that bad. When applied all over, it was just this nasty dark brown color on my lips which washed me out. It was also very dry and patchy- kind of clumpy. Might work if you're going for the "I ate a lot of chocolate and it smeared all over my lips" look. As a liner on the edges, it still smears too much. I threw it out right away. Good thing it's only a dollar!

Popular Lip Liners