wet n wild #666 liner

Wet N Wild Lipliner #666#666 liner

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hmm. Hmmmmmm.
I'm going to go ahead and add my voice to the other reviewers asking, "what the heck happened, Wet n'Wild??" because I have owned this shade before and don't recall it being quite so dark. I also remember it going on a *bit* less patchy. Granted, it has been maybe 8 years since I last used this, and memories are a tricky thing, but yes I do feel something has changed and not necessarily for the better..
For 99 cents you get a whole big ol' mama of a pencil, enough to last you maybe a decade if you're not using it daily. For the price, if you're curious, just pick it up because there is a possibility I just got a less than ideal variation and there could be a heap out there that is rocking peoples' worlds. For me, the color has it's place but it's not one I would turn to everyday. It is a bit dark on me, kind of a reddish wine brown, and I can say it pairs well with Kat Von D's liquid lipstick in Lolita, if that's your thing. It does have a slightly purplish cast that darkens it and makes me feel like it might be a darker version of the older formula others are raving about on here. Was it always this purple? I guess we'll never know.
The liner goes on heavily pigmented but the tiniest bit patchy- once again, I remember it being more even than that. WnW pencils can be a bit stiff, but they've never been patchy as far as I can remember. It kind of looks darker at some points than others. I am probably just looking for trouble where others wouldn't notice anything, but I saw what I saw so I have to mention it here.
Okay, so maybe not my finest lipliner moment but I wouldn't rule out repurchasing this because it is so affordable and a part of me feels like I owe it to the memory of this liner to give it a second chance. It could've been a fluke, and this liner and I go way back, plus it is literally the only liner I own that pairs well with Lolita (MAC Spice being a bit too light). We shall see..

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Excellent! Better than any high end liners. It is ridiculous to spend alot of money on lip liner. I am 58 1/2, have stopped dying my hair for over 4 1/2 yrs now. I have green blue eyes, pale complected & have tried almost every lip liner out there,in my lifetime, from very expensive to el cheapo, & since New York Color stopped making their nice, long lip pencils that I used for years, which were under a dollar-this is the best. I used MAC lip pencil for a few yrs. But now, I am living on very little financially & the truth is, that this is a universal shade & it can be used with many different shades of lipstick. For 99 cents, it is a no brainer! It easily beats out most all the others out there, in my opinion-not just price wise, but it is not drying, & you get alot of product, as well as a beautiful shade! The packaging is cheap-but....so what? To be honest, I had tried it before, when I was still coloring my hair & for whatever reason, wasn't wild about the shade, but, now that I am allowing my hair to be natural, this shade is perfect!! UPDATE-Am finding the shade is too brown on me. So will still be on the look out for a better shade & pencil, but this is still an excellent product for the price. I subtracted a lippie due to it having too much brown for me. New York Color-why did you stop making the perfect lip pencils? They were dirt cheap, you got a long pencil & the shade range was awesome! Sometimes, I think when cheap products become too popular-larger, more high-end companies come in & make deals with these companies so that they stop making them! Lol!

on 12/2/2011 6:14:00 AM

I can't even count how many times I have read someone say that Brandy Wine 666 is the ultimate universal shade. All I can say is no! No it's not! I double triple quadruple checked that I had the right product because I was surprised that it was so bad. It was incredibly dark- I am pale with cool tones, but many others who claimed to be the same enthusiastically recommended Brandy Wine 666. It also was incredibly drying- it was reminiscent of the time I went camping for five days and forgot my Chapstick. Ouch.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This has been my favorite lip liner for years. It goes on creamy and lasts for hours. You get a huge lip pencil that lasts for months ~ and it only costs 99 cents! Oh, now that I think of it I think that is the sale price, off sale it's a big $1.99! I not only line my lips with it but I fill them in as well and then I either just put some lip balm over it or top it with my lipstick. If you have a lipstick that will not stay on and is close to the color of this pencil all you have to do is line and fill in your lips with 666 and then top it with your lipstick... you can turn any lippie into a long last one...and if the color of this pencil is not to your liking then just sift through their other colors and find yourself one that is. I can't begin to tell you how much I love this lip liner, I have been asked numerous times what is on my lips when I wear it alone with the lip balm. Just for reference, I'm an NW20 ~ green eyes ~ golden blonde hair..... 666 is the perfect color, it just brightens up my entire face. LOVE!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Dirt cheap and great nude pink brown color. Looks so natural and at first, the pencil is dry and drags a little bit, but it quickly warms up against the heat of my lips.

on 12/5/2010 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

love it. to the reviewer who gave it a bad review for its name, you can flip it over and call it 999 ;) (i also would never give a review based on something's name, i do not even think she tried it??)
this goes with everything.. it is too long and too hard but so cheap i don't care. i do have some high end lipliners and they do go on smoother and have better packaging but since the end results are the same, it is kind of a waste to spend more when i do not have to.

After hearing this liner mentioned a lot and seeing as it was on sale for 40% off the already low price of $.99, on a whim I decided to "splurge" on this. Final cost was $.59! Woot! Got to love that kind of a bargain. Anyway, I had been wanting to try this one for awhile but I already have several liners that I barely use and figured this one wasn't crucial. Well, even though it's not crucial I can see myself using this quite often. It's a really good fall color actually. Lately I've been applying it as an all over color and then topping it with a gold shimmery gloss (Revlon - Foiled). Nice look that lasts longer than lipstick. I'm giving it a 5 for color, quality and value combined.

on 7/2/2010 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this. I went crazy at Walgreens last night because Wet N.Wild is bogo now and I had read about the eyeshadows, which I agree are great and the lip liner, which I had tried years ago and had not liked. Decided to pick one up last night and give it another try. It just does not beat MAC as far as the quality. I mean, again, its only 99 cents so, I didnt expect it to be the best lipliner I ever used. It is ok. The color is a tad too brown on me. but in a bind as I am now without my MAC and trying to save bucks at this time. I would buy again. I agree with another reviewer the length may be great for lasting awhile but it is hard to carry if you have a small makeup bag. Its extremely waxy, Same as the kohl eyebrow pencil in taupe also by them. I do have a question, I am having trouble sharpening it, do I have to use their sharpener??

on 10/29/2009 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had a MUA friend turn me on to this about 15 years ago. It got me through the 90's. I have read that 666 is the color of MAC's Spice lip pencil before it was allegedly "tweaked". It is one of those "MLBB" shades that looks good with a good bit of my lipstick collection (Let's just say the producers of "Hoarders" would be proud), looks great on it's own or with gloss or lip balm, and it's only a buck or so for crying out loud.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'd been scouting around for either a lipstain or matte color that would enhance my natural lip color without bringing too much attention to my rather large lips. This was such a fun discovery, right there on a Walgreen's endcap when I was buying my creme eyeliner. Perfection, and for 99 cents. Of course I'd heard about this famous little number for years, but hadn't been curious till now. Too bad, because I love it. It suits my coloring, and lasts longer than lipstick, defines my lips without dressing them up (adding some gloss on top fixes that if I so choose), basically doing everything I was looking for. I smile every time I apply it, thinking "99 cents! 99 cents".