wet n wild #666 liner

Wet N Wild Lipliner #666#666 liner

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hmm. Hmmmmmm.
I'm going to go ahead and add my voice to the other reviewers asking, "what the heck happened, Wet n'Wild??" because I have owned this shade before and don't recall it being quite so dark. I also remember it going on a *bit* less patchy. Granted, it has been maybe 8 years since I last used this, and memories are a tricky thing, but yes I do feel something has changed and not necessarily for the better..
For 99 cents you get a whole big ol' mama of a pencil, enough to last you maybe a decade if you're not using it daily. For the price, if you're curious, just pick it up because there is a possibility I just got a less than ideal variation and there could be a heap out there that is rocking peoples' worlds. For me, the color has it's place but it's not one I would turn to everyday. It is a bit dark on me, kind of a reddish wine brown, and I can say it pairs well with Kat Von D's liquid lipstick in Lolita, if that's your thing. It does have a slightly purplish cast that darkens it and makes me feel like it might be a darker version of the older formula others are raving about on here. Was it always this purple? I guess we'll never know.
The liner goes on heavily pigmented but the tiniest bit patchy- once again, I remember it being more even than that. WnW pencils can be a bit stiff, but they've never been patchy as far as I can remember. It kind of looks darker at some points than others. I am probably just looking for trouble where others wouldn't notice anything, but I saw what I saw so I have to mention it here.
Okay, so maybe not my finest lipliner moment but I wouldn't rule out repurchasing this because it is so affordable and a part of me feels like I owe it to the memory of this liner to give it a second chance. It could've been a fluke, and this liner and I go way back, plus it is literally the only liner I own that pairs well with Lolita (MAC Spice being a bit too light). We shall see..

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have always passed by Wet n Wild's liners until I got heavy into brown lipstick and needed a good reddish brown liner to wear underneath the paler colors. I picked up # 711 Chestnut, which is a gorgeous brown and easily beats out some of the higher end brands you would find at Sephora.

I have always passed by the BrandyWine color #666 because I was scared of the frosty, shimmery appearance that it has on the bottom of the pencil. I don't know what took me so long to at last break down and spend the unbearable price of $1, but at last I picked up one of these pencils and put it on my lips. I was prepared for a hideous purple color (from the swatch on my hand), but I'm so pleasantly surprised at what I actually got.

This color reminds me of the 90's. It's has no shimmer or frost at all, and instead is a gorgeous mauve-brown. I've never seen any color quite like it in a liner before (women of color if you're looking for a MAC "Spice" dupe, keep looking. Spice is almost too pale and not really all that flattering on me by itself because of it's pink undertones, this one works because it has more mauve), and I think this would work really well for some lipsticks that I cannot wear alone. I'm thinking that BrandyWine probably looks absolutely stunning with the Silk Finish Lipstick in "Cashmere" that I always admire but never buy or try out because I know it'll look like a frosty nightmare on me.

This color would also look glorious under another mauve-brown lipstick that I have and absolutely adore, which is Maybelline's Untainted Spice (I have a review for that one floating around somewhere). I just ADORE this color, even by itself. Like I said, it's reminiscent of the 90's in that it's got that dark, moody and slightly depressed feel to it when I wear it that makes me think of Aaliyah in Romeo Must Die or Brandy and Monica in the video for "The Boy is Mine". Think lots of shimmer, but with depth to it that doesn't look tacky. If I'm not careful, this could EASILY become my every-day go to color. It's literally perfect. I've probably been looking for this color in my head for years but just wouldn't admit it.

Price point? What price point......literally you cannot beat $1. If you're hard up just wait until Rite Aid or CVS or some other drugstore that carries the Lip Liners has a sale and you can get one for $0.59 like I did today. These are always stocked. Packaging, like most of Wet n Wild, is absolutely awful. The cap flies off, the plastic is a chore to get off, etc. But for the price and size of this pencil I'm not going to complain, and just shove my spare change at Wet n Wild so I will always have this amazing color with me at all times.

I understand the following for this liner, if indeed it has one.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The best thing about this lipliner is that I can use it with darker lip colors as well as with nude shades. It's so versatile and universally flattering. For the price it's such a great bargain. Everyone should try it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Excellent! Better than any high end liners. It is ridiculous to spend alot of money on lip liner. I am 58 1/2, have stopped dying my hair for over 4 1/2 yrs now. I have green blue eyes, pale complected & have tried almost every lip liner out there,in my lifetime, from very expensive to el cheapo, & since New York Color stopped making their nice, long lip pencils that I used for years, which were under a dollar-this is the best. I used MAC lip pencil for a few yrs. But now, I am living on very little financially & the truth is, that this is a universal shade & it can be used with many different shades of lipstick. For 99 cents, it is a no brainer! It easily beats out most all the others out there, in my opinion-not just price wise, but it is not drying, & you get alot of product, as well as a beautiful shade! The packaging is cheap-but....so what? To be honest, I had tried it before, when I was still coloring my hair & for whatever reason, wasn't wild about the shade, but, now that I am allowing my hair to be natural, this shade is perfect!! UPDATE-Am finding the shade is too brown on me. So will still be on the look out for a better shade & pencil, but this is still an excellent product for the price. I subtracted a lippie due to it having too much brown for me. New York Color-why did you stop making the perfect lip pencils? They were dirt cheap, you got a long pencil & the shade range was awesome! Sometimes, I think when cheap products become too popular-larger, more high-end companies come in & make deals with these companies so that they stop making them! Lol!

on 7/27/2012 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Wow, I just picked this up by accident at CVS while browsing the megashields and the wildshines. I saw the colored bottom of the pencil sticking out of the slot, and it just struck me as being incredibly beautiful. I've been lemming Half Red for awhile, so I've been on the look-out for a burgandy lip pencil that I could try with some of the plums and reds I've been buying lately, so I thought I'd give this a go. Then I saw the number on the side, and a bell rang distantly in my head. I've been coming here and reading reviews for YEARS and I think this lip pencil was the first thing I tried because it was so highly recommended, AND I REMEMBERED I DIDN'T LIKE IT. It was too dark, too hard,etc. But this time, the color just looked SO gorgeous and exactly what I've been looking for, and I've been hearing so much about the quality of Wet'N'Wild that I was willing to give it another go. So I purchased Wild Shine in Lustful and used 666 as a liner. BEAUTIFUL!!! I really couldn't be any more pleased!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Good lip pencil, great value. Does what it is supposed to do; helps keep my lipstick or gloss last longer. Have tried many brands of lip pencil, and this is the best of the bunch (at least for me). For reference I am a NW15.

on 7/24/2011 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Who knew my favorite middle school/high school lip liner would become such a cult favorite? I am still mildly amused that this .99 cent beauty product graces my makeup kit. Although I am not using lipstick or liner for that matter much these days when I do, this is still one of my go to items. Perfect for nudes or browns or mauves, its a flexible color. I have also worn it alone with a chapstick or gloss. I love that its getting lots of recognition for being a great cheap drug store product.

on 11/4/2010 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This pencil is entirely too soft for me and hardly shows up on me.

on 7/2/2010 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this. I went crazy at Walgreens last night because Wet N.Wild is bogo now and I had read about the eyeshadows, which I agree are great and the lip liner, which I had tried years ago and had not liked. Decided to pick one up last night and give it another try. It just does not beat MAC as far as the quality. I mean, again, its only 99 cents so, I didnt expect it to be the best lipliner I ever used. It is ok. The color is a tad too brown on me. but in a bind as I am now without my MAC and trying to save bucks at this time. I would buy again. I agree with another reviewer the length may be great for lasting awhile but it is hard to carry if you have a small makeup bag. Its extremely waxy, Same as the kohl eyebrow pencil in taupe also by them. I do have a question, I am having trouble sharpening it, do I have to use their sharpener??

on 10/29/2009 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had a MUA friend turn me on to this about 15 years ago. It got me through the 90's. I have read that 666 is the color of MAC's Spice lip pencil before it was allegedly "tweaked". It is one of those "MLBB" shades that looks good with a good bit of my lipstick collection (Let's just say the producers of "Hoarders" would be proud), looks great on it's own or with gloss or lip balm, and it's only a buck or so for crying out loud.