wet n wild #666 liner

Wet N Wild Lipliner #666#666 liner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 4/23/2018 2:19:00 PM

I have used this lip liner for years. It is a brownish mauve color and it goes with pinks and browns. I wish it wasnt a lip liner i have to sharpen but i guess thats my only complaint. I use it with lip balm, lip gloss, and lip stains. LOVE IT

on 9/25/2016 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I also used this in the 90's. I was a poor teenager and every one of my friends used it too. I remember it being a nude or dark mauve. Recently I've found it and bought a couple although now it looks more of a purple color. I don't know if I'm just remembering it wrong or if they changed the color. Its still a great deal though, a huge pencil for $1 so its worth a try. Its not a bad color, its just a bit dark.

Also, for those of you who can't find it in stores I found it in Walmart but the packaging is different and the color is brandywine.

I feel like maybe this color was reformulated or something, because I definitely am not getting a pinky-nude shade like other older reviews mention. I found mine recently at Dollar Tree, and DT is known for selling discontinued/repackaged older products so I'm wondering if the shade has changed.

All that aside, I'll review the lip liner. It's only 99cents and even cheaper on sale. It's a really long pencil and will probably last forever. It feels like most lip liners, not super creamy but not rock hard either. Applies fairly easy and is pigmented.

I have light-medium skin with strong yellow/olive undertones and this lip liner is very brown on me. I would call it maybe a wine-brown. It does have a touch of shimmer to it which isn't super noticeable or anything. It comes off very 90s matte brown in my opinion, and apparently that's really popular again right now. But on me, brown doesn't work too well.

At first, I really didn't like it and I couldn't understand why so many women raved about it. It was just straight up rusty brown on me and not particularly flattering. But it's kind of growing on me in a way and I'm figuring out how to make it work. It looks better on me when I apply it lightly (instead of applying it thickly to make it super pigmented) and dab some lip balm on top. Looks more natural that way.

The best way to wear it, for me, is with NYC Rivington Rose lip shine on top. That combination is gorgeous, you must try it! It's only $3 to get both lip products, and it's the perfect rosy-brown lip color for every day.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have always passed by Wet n Wild's liners until I got heavy into brown lipstick and needed a good reddish brown liner to wear underneath the paler colors. I picked up # 711 Chestnut, which is a gorgeous brown and easily beats out some of the higher end brands you would find at Sephora.

I have always passed by the BrandyWine color #666 because I was scared of the frosty, shimmery appearance that it has on the bottom of the pencil. I don't know what took me so long to at last break down and spend the unbearable price of $1, but at last I picked up one of these pencils and put it on my lips. I was prepared for a hideous purple color (from the swatch on my hand), but I'm so pleasantly surprised at what I actually got.

This color reminds me of the 90's. It's has no shimmer or frost at all, and instead is a gorgeous mauve-brown. I've never seen any color quite like it in a liner before (women of color if you're looking for a MAC "Spice" dupe, keep looking. Spice is almost too pale and not really all that flattering on me by itself because of it's pink undertones, this one works because it has more mauve), and I think this would work really well for some lipsticks that I cannot wear alone. I'm thinking that BrandyWine probably looks absolutely stunning with the Silk Finish Lipstick in "Cashmere" that I always admire but never buy or try out because I know it'll look like a frosty nightmare on me.

This color would also look glorious under another mauve-brown lipstick that I have and absolutely adore, which is Maybelline's Untainted Spice (I have a review for that one floating around somewhere). I just ADORE this color, even by itself. Like I said, it's reminiscent of the 90's in that it's got that dark, moody and slightly depressed feel to it when I wear it that makes me think of Aaliyah in Romeo Must Die or Brandy and Monica in the video for "The Boy is Mine". Think lots of shimmer, but with depth to it that doesn't look tacky. If I'm not careful, this could EASILY become my every-day go to color. It's literally perfect. I've probably been looking for this color in my head for years but just wouldn't admit it.

Price point? What price point......literally you cannot beat $1. If you're hard up just wait until Rite Aid or CVS or some other drugstore that carries the Lip Liners has a sale and you can get one for $0.59 like I did today. These are always stocked. Packaging, like most of Wet n Wild, is absolutely awful. The cap flies off, the plastic is a chore to get off, etc. But for the price and size of this pencil I'm not going to complain, and just shove my spare change at Wet n Wild so I will always have this amazing color with me at all times.

I understand the following for this liner, if indeed it has one.

This used to be my go to lip liner but something has changed. It seems drier or maybe it's because I haven't used it since I was a teenager and now that I am an adult it's not as good as I remember?

This is one of the staples every girl needs in her makeup collection. It's very creamy and similar to liners that are much more expensive. I have used several over the years! Again, I carry this in a Hefty zip loc bag in my purse since the cover comes off so easily.

It's a good lip liner, it's not too dark it's kind of in between red, wine, and plum
All around this is definitely worth the price, it's around $4.00 i think, so can't beat that price and the quality is pretty good.

on 10/23/2012 10:46:00 PM

Have used this for >10 years. Love it and have repurchased repeatedly. When I first bought it, MAC wasn't as readily available as it is now and 666 was touted as a cheap dupe for "Spice" lipliner. I loved it, whether used prior to many varied lipcolors or with just MAC clear Lipglass.

on 7/27/2012 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Wow, I just picked this up by accident at CVS while browsing the megashields and the wildshines. I saw the colored bottom of the pencil sticking out of the slot, and it just struck me as being incredibly beautiful. I've been lemming Half Red for awhile, so I've been on the look-out for a burgandy lip pencil that I could try with some of the plums and reds I've been buying lately, so I thought I'd give this a go. Then I saw the number on the side, and a bell rang distantly in my head. I've been coming here and reading reviews for YEARS and I think this lip pencil was the first thing I tried because it was so highly recommended, AND I REMEMBERED I DIDN'T LIKE IT. It was too dark, too hard,etc. But this time, the color just looked SO gorgeous and exactly what I've been looking for, and I've been hearing so much about the quality of Wet'N'Wild that I was willing to give it another go. So I purchased Wild Shine in Lustful and used 666 as a liner. BEAUTIFUL!!! I really couldn't be any more pleased!

Great everyday liner. Workhorse product!