wet n wild #666 liner

Wet N Wild Lipliner #666#666 liner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hmm. Hmmmmmm.
I'm going to go ahead and add my voice to the other reviewers asking, "what the heck happened, Wet n'Wild??" because I have owned this shade before and don't recall it being quite so dark. I also remember it going on a *bit* less patchy. Granted, it has been maybe 8 years since I last used this, and memories are a tricky thing, but yes I do feel something has changed and not necessarily for the better..
For 99 cents you get a whole big ol' mama of a pencil, enough to last you maybe a decade if you're not using it daily. For the price, if you're curious, just pick it up because there is a possibility I just got a less than ideal variation and there could be a heap out there that is rocking peoples' worlds. For me, the color has it's place but it's not one I would turn to everyday. It is a bit dark on me, kind of a reddish wine brown, and I can say it pairs well with Kat Von D's liquid lipstick in Lolita, if that's your thing. It does have a slightly purplish cast that darkens it and makes me feel like it might be a darker version of the older formula others are raving about on here. Was it always this purple? I guess we'll never know.
The liner goes on heavily pigmented but the tiniest bit patchy- once again, I remember it being more even than that. WnW pencils can be a bit stiff, but they've never been patchy as far as I can remember. It kind of looks darker at some points than others. I am probably just looking for trouble where others wouldn't notice anything, but I saw what I saw so I have to mention it here.
Okay, so maybe not my finest lipliner moment but I wouldn't rule out repurchasing this because it is so affordable and a part of me feels like I owe it to the memory of this liner to give it a second chance. It could've been a fluke, and this liner and I go way back, plus it is literally the only liner I own that pairs well with Lolita (MAC Spice being a bit too light). We shall see..

This is definitely my go to liner as well. I have been using it for years and I find it really goes well with every colour and resembles my own lip colour so its great for lining my lips to make them appear more full.

I can often pick it up for as low as .99 cents to $1.50. When I see it low, I usually stock up and grab a couple. You can't beat the price.

The quality is pretty good. I have never been one to spend a lot on liners though. It sharpens well, but I find many have the UPC code sticker near the end, and when they do, it makes it a bugger to sharpen. The sticker is very difficult to take off.

Texture is decent too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This has been my favorite lip liner for years. It goes on creamy and lasts for hours. You get a huge lip pencil that lasts for months ~ and it only costs 99 cents! Oh, now that I think of it I think that is the sale price, off sale it's a big $1.99! I not only line my lips with it but I fill them in as well and then I either just put some lip balm over it or top it with my lipstick. If you have a lipstick that will not stay on and is close to the color of this pencil all you have to do is line and fill in your lips with 666 and then top it with your lipstick... you can turn any lippie into a long last one...and if the color of this pencil is not to your liking then just sift through their other colors and find yourself one that is. I can't begin to tell you how much I love this lip liner, I have been asked numerous times what is on my lips when I wear it alone with the lip balm. Just for reference, I'm an NW20 ~ green eyes ~ golden blonde hair..... 666 is the perfect color, it just brightens up my entire face. LOVE!

on 12/5/2010 10:15:00 AM

LOOOOOOOOOL at the person who gave it a low rating because the name is "666"
Congraulations, you just went full retard Ma'am.

I'm going to buy this and try it out so i will return to review :3

This 666 liner is a bronzy/rose color that I have bought probably 50 of in my lifetime. I used to wear it over my entire lips and then a lipstick or gloss over it and it would last forever. I think I just got sick of the consistency of the pencil as it's not as smooth as MAC. Since then I have switched to MAC's Spice and Cedar pencils mostly. The 666 is a very neutral a bit darker but yet somehow goes with many colors. For $1 you just can't beat this LL. Used to be my #1 lip liner for 10+ years.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is officially the first time I was let down my MUA. I thought for sure this color would look different on me than I thought it would when I saw it in the store based on the reviews here. Unfortunately, it's too dark on my fair skin, dark hair, brown eyes. Washes me out. Reminds me of Toast of New York lipstick by Revlon. I also picked up 712 and it was too much. I really liked the texture and you get a ton for your money, these colors just didn't do it for me.

on 7/22/2008 12:40:00 AM

I rediscovered this recently and I'm glad that I did. It is just a good neutral lipliner for MLBB lipsticks and clear lipglosses. WnW does have very inconsistent batches though, so the texture may be different and I've noticed the color is slightly different at times. Oh well, it's 99cents and lasts ages. Definitely worth a repurchase.

Ok. This was the BEST .99 I have ever spent!!!! I wore this with Nars Turkish delight lipgloss overtop, my husband kept staring at me. Finally he said "you look stunning tonight! I don't know whats different, but you look absolutely beautiful!" Best compliment EVER!!!! Just make sure you blend a little after lining, I own 3 just in case one falls out of my purse. Try #712 At .99 you could own 10 and it'd still be cheaper than its counterpart.....uh hum....spice anybody?

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good match for my MLBB lipsticks. I wouldn't describe it as "nude" unless your version of nude is like mine--highly pigmented, rosy lips. I wear this with MAC Midimauve and Twig, and just tried it with NARS Masai as well. As an all-purpose liner, I prefer the WnW 712, but this is an excellent choice for a ton of other uses, and at the price, you really can't go wrong. I have every color of WnW liner, just because I can! Oh, but I really wish they'd change the name of this one. There are a lot of other numbers out there...

on 1/25/2008 9:43:00 PM

This is a neutral shade with a bit of oomph. I naver have any trouble with the color as long as I wear dark shades. It does tend to break off a bit, the trick is never trying to get it to that super precise point.