wet n wild #666 liner

Wet N Wild Lipliner #666#666 liner

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hmm. Hmmmmmm.
I'm going to go ahead and add my voice to the other reviewers asking, "what the heck happened, Wet n'Wild??" because I have owned this shade before and don't recall it being quite so dark. I also remember it going on a *bit* less patchy. Granted, it has been maybe 8 years since I last used this, and memories are a tricky thing, but yes I do feel something has changed and not necessarily for the better..
For 99 cents you get a whole big ol' mama of a pencil, enough to last you maybe a decade if you're not using it daily. For the price, if you're curious, just pick it up because there is a possibility I just got a less than ideal variation and there could be a heap out there that is rocking peoples' worlds. For me, the color has it's place but it's not one I would turn to everyday. It is a bit dark on me, kind of a reddish wine brown, and I can say it pairs well with Kat Von D's liquid lipstick in Lolita, if that's your thing. It does have a slightly purplish cast that darkens it and makes me feel like it might be a darker version of the older formula others are raving about on here. Was it always this purple? I guess we'll never know.
The liner goes on heavily pigmented but the tiniest bit patchy- once again, I remember it being more even than that. WnW pencils can be a bit stiff, but they've never been patchy as far as I can remember. It kind of looks darker at some points than others. I am probably just looking for trouble where others wouldn't notice anything, but I saw what I saw so I have to mention it here.
Okay, so maybe not my finest lipliner moment but I wouldn't rule out repurchasing this because it is so affordable and a part of me feels like I owe it to the memory of this liner to give it a second chance. It could've been a fluke, and this liner and I go way back, plus it is literally the only liner I own that pairs well with Lolita (MAC Spice being a bit too light). We shall see..

on 9/24/2016 7:47:00 PM

I have been using this lip liner since the 1990s. It is the best nude lip line ever. I believe it was the actress Heather Locklear who said it was her "go to" lip liner and I bought it back then for 59 cents.....and never stopped using it. It looks great with a matching lipstick or just on its own. It has no sparkle, glitter, it doesn't migrate up your lip; it's just perfect.

All that being said, I'm concerned that people are writing in that they feel the formula and color have changed. I still have a few left over so I'm good for a spell but, how can we find out if they've altered something like texture or color? I know that the original owner of Wet 'n Wild sold the company and don't know how to get in touch with them anymore. Therefore, if I need a new one, I'd be afraid to buy one online as at least in a store, I'd be able to bring mine along to match it up. Problem is though, I don't see it sold in any stores anymore.

Look forward to hearing input from others on Makeup Alley.

on 11/3/2015 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a great lip liner. I've reached for this one a lot. I use it with a lot of different lipsticks, lip balms, and lip glosses and it works out with them. I'm a big fan of the color and also it's a perfect fall lip liner or if you want to deepen the outer edges of your lips. I take it and line my lips and then blend it with my finger, then I apply a lipstick or a gloss. If you wear it by itself though it can be drying and I have dry lips. If worn alone I would suggest wearing it with a balm or a gloss. I love that you can go very dark or sheer with it. My favorite combination with it is ELF Tea Rose, its the perfect fall nude look. I like that it's not metallic it looks like it would be but when applied it's a satin finish which is why it works with matte lipsticks. It's also great for the price. It makes me want to try more Wet n Wild lip liners. Overall I think its a great product.

This used to be my go to lip liner but something has changed. It seems drier or maybe it's because I haven't used it since I was a teenager and now that I am an adult it's not as good as I remember?

This is one of the staples every girl needs in her makeup collection. It's very creamy and similar to liners that are much more expensive. I have used several over the years! Again, I carry this in a Hefty zip loc bag in my purse since the cover comes off so easily.

on 7/3/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This lipliner is the closest to my natural lip color. It makes for a great base as well. The quality is great and I'm not even considering just how cheap it is! It's a great dupe for MAC's Spice.

It really is a universal shade that everyone should own. It's such a bargain to try, and the quality is so good, you really can't go wrong!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Excellent! Better than any high end liners. It is ridiculous to spend alot of money on lip liner. I am 58 1/2, have stopped dying my hair for over 4 1/2 yrs now. I have green blue eyes, pale complected & have tried almost every lip liner out there,in my lifetime, from very expensive to el cheapo, & since New York Color stopped making their nice, long lip pencils that I used for years, which were under a dollar-this is the best. I used MAC lip pencil for a few yrs. But now, I am living on very little financially & the truth is, that this is a universal shade & it can be used with many different shades of lipstick. For 99 cents, it is a no brainer! It easily beats out most all the others out there, in my opinion-not just price wise, but it is not drying, & you get alot of product, as well as a beautiful shade! The packaging is cheap-but....so what? To be honest, I had tried it before, when I was still coloring my hair & for whatever reason, wasn't wild about the shade, but, now that I am allowing my hair to be natural, this shade is perfect!! UPDATE-Am finding the shade is too brown on me. So will still be on the look out for a better shade & pencil, but this is still an excellent product for the price. I subtracted a lippie due to it having too much brown for me. New York Color-why did you stop making the perfect lip pencils? They were dirt cheap, you got a long pencil & the shade range was awesome! Sometimes, I think when cheap products become too popular-larger, more high-end companies come in & make deals with these companies so that they stop making them! Lol!

on 10/23/2012 10:46:00 PM

Have used this for >10 years. Love it and have repurchased repeatedly. When I first bought it, MAC wasn't as readily available as it is now and 666 was touted as a cheap dupe for "Spice" lipliner. I loved it, whether used prior to many varied lipcolors or with just MAC clear Lipglass.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Good lip pencil, great value. Does what it is supposed to do; helps keep my lipstick or gloss last longer. Have tried many brands of lip pencil, and this is the best of the bunch (at least for me). For reference I am a NW15.

on 12/2/2011 6:14:00 AM

I can't even count how many times I have read someone say that Brandy Wine 666 is the ultimate universal shade. All I can say is no! No it's not! I double triple quadruple checked that I had the right product because I was surprised that it was so bad. It was incredibly dark- I am pale with cool tones, but many others who claimed to be the same enthusiastically recommended Brandy Wine 666. It also was incredibly drying- it was reminiscent of the time I went camping for five days and forgot my Chapstick. Ouch.

Popular Lip Liners