wet n wild #666 liner

Wet N Wild Lipliner #666#666 liner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 4/23/2018 2:19:00 PM

I have used this lip liner for years. It is a brownish mauve color and it goes with pinks and browns. I wish it wasnt a lip liner i have to sharpen but i guess thats my only complaint. I use it with lip balm, lip gloss, and lip stains. LOVE IT

on 9/24/2016 7:47:00 PM

I have been using this lip liner since the 1990s. It is the best nude lip line ever. I believe it was the actress Heather Locklear who said it was her "go to" lip liner and I bought it back then for 59 cents.....and never stopped using it. It looks great with a matching lipstick or just on its own. It has no sparkle, glitter, it doesn't migrate up your lip; it's just perfect.

All that being said, I'm concerned that people are writing in that they feel the formula and color have changed. I still have a few left over so I'm good for a spell but, how can we find out if they've altered something like texture or color? I know that the original owner of Wet 'n Wild sold the company and don't know how to get in touch with them anymore. Therefore, if I need a new one, I'd be afraid to buy one online as at least in a store, I'd be able to bring mine along to match it up. Problem is though, I don't see it sold in any stores anymore.

Look forward to hearing input from others on Makeup Alley.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have always passed by Wet n Wild's liners until I got heavy into brown lipstick and needed a good reddish brown liner to wear underneath the paler colors. I picked up # 711 Chestnut, which is a gorgeous brown and easily beats out some of the higher end brands you would find at Sephora.

I have always passed by the BrandyWine color #666 because I was scared of the frosty, shimmery appearance that it has on the bottom of the pencil. I don't know what took me so long to at last break down and spend the unbearable price of $1, but at last I picked up one of these pencils and put it on my lips. I was prepared for a hideous purple color (from the swatch on my hand), but I'm so pleasantly surprised at what I actually got.

This color reminds me of the 90's. It's has no shimmer or frost at all, and instead is a gorgeous mauve-brown. I've never seen any color quite like it in a liner before (women of color if you're looking for a MAC "Spice" dupe, keep looking. Spice is almost too pale and not really all that flattering on me by itself because of it's pink undertones, this one works because it has more mauve), and I think this would work really well for some lipsticks that I cannot wear alone. I'm thinking that BrandyWine probably looks absolutely stunning with the Silk Finish Lipstick in "Cashmere" that I always admire but never buy or try out because I know it'll look like a frosty nightmare on me.

This color would also look glorious under another mauve-brown lipstick that I have and absolutely adore, which is Maybelline's Untainted Spice (I have a review for that one floating around somewhere). I just ADORE this color, even by itself. Like I said, it's reminiscent of the 90's in that it's got that dark, moody and slightly depressed feel to it when I wear it that makes me think of Aaliyah in Romeo Must Die or Brandy and Monica in the video for "The Boy is Mine". Think lots of shimmer, but with depth to it that doesn't look tacky. If I'm not careful, this could EASILY become my every-day go to color. It's literally perfect. I've probably been looking for this color in my head for years but just wouldn't admit it.

Price point? What price point......literally you cannot beat $1. If you're hard up just wait until Rite Aid or CVS or some other drugstore that carries the Lip Liners has a sale and you can get one for $0.59 like I did today. These are always stocked. Packaging, like most of Wet n Wild, is absolutely awful. The cap flies off, the plastic is a chore to get off, etc. But for the price and size of this pencil I'm not going to complain, and just shove my spare change at Wet n Wild so I will always have this amazing color with me at all times.

I understand the following for this liner, if indeed it has one.

This is definitely my go to liner as well. I have been using it for years and I find it really goes well with every colour and resembles my own lip colour so its great for lining my lips to make them appear more full.

I can often pick it up for as low as .99 cents to $1.50. When I see it low, I usually stock up and grab a couple. You can't beat the price.

The quality is pretty good. I have never been one to spend a lot on liners though. It sharpens well, but I find many have the UPC code sticker near the end, and when they do, it makes it a bugger to sharpen. The sticker is very difficult to take off.

Texture is decent too.

This is one of the staples every girl needs in her makeup collection. It's very creamy and similar to liners that are much more expensive. I have used several over the years! Again, I carry this in a Hefty zip loc bag in my purse since the cover comes off so easily.

This & 712 are my fave WnW lipliners. Make that my fave lipliners of all time! I have MAC strip down, subculture & spice, but it seems sooo to ridiculous to spend US$16 when a dollar will do the job. A good every day product.... Somexs I will line my lips, fill them in w either 666 or 712 & put Rosebud Salve over the top. 666 goes w most lipsticks I own, other than the few bright Snooki pinks or a couple reds...

on 1/5/2014 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

One of my favorite lipliners. It's a very nude pink color, regardless of what it is called. Its more mauve than anything. I use this with so many lipsticks its crazy. It's very pigmented and lasts a long time. Formula is not too dry or soft. It isn't as soft as higher end pencils, but it can't be beat for the price.

I use this with all my brown lipsticks and nudes that I cannot pull off because I am so fair and cool toned. Fixes most of my lipsticks that I normally would have to toss or give away for being too warm.

on 7/3/2013 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This lipliner is the closest to my natural lip color. It makes for a great base as well. The quality is great and I'm not even considering just how cheap it is! It's a great dupe for MAC's Spice.

It really is a universal shade that everyone should own. It's such a bargain to try, and the quality is so good, you really can't go wrong!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The best thing about this lipliner is that I can use it with darker lip colors as well as with nude shades. It's so versatile and universally flattering. For the price it's such a great bargain. Everyone should try it.

on 7/27/2012 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Wow, I just picked this up by accident at CVS while browsing the megashields and the wildshines. I saw the colored bottom of the pencil sticking out of the slot, and it just struck me as being incredibly beautiful. I've been lemming Half Red for awhile, so I've been on the look-out for a burgandy lip pencil that I could try with some of the plums and reds I've been buying lately, so I thought I'd give this a go. Then I saw the number on the side, and a bell rang distantly in my head. I've been coming here and reading reviews for YEARS and I think this lip pencil was the first thing I tried because it was so highly recommended, AND I REMEMBERED I DIDN'T LIKE IT. It was too dark, too hard,etc. But this time, the color just looked SO gorgeous and exactly what I've been looking for, and I've been hearing so much about the quality of Wet'N'Wild that I was willing to give it another go. So I purchased Wild Shine in Lustful and used 666 as a liner. BEAUTIFUL!!! I really couldn't be any more pleased!

Popular Lip Liners