wet n wild #666 liner

Wet N Wild Lipliner #666#666 liner

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm a serious makeup junkie and have tried almost every pencil lip liner on the market. Have tried some lip liners which twist out of the cylinder and honestly, they just can't achieve the same results. I'm also old school and love to sharpen my makeup pencils! Prefer a very sharp line. Wetnwild is a pleasant surprise with their lip liners!
Number 1 - cost (dirt cheap!);
Number 2 - how long it takes to use the entire pencil; Number 3 - wonderful color selection; and
Number 4 - I can buy it at a drugstore and not have to go the mall or order it online!
It took me about a year to use one pencil and I line my lips twice a day, once in the morning and after I eat lunch. The color glides on easily and blends well with any lipstick. Read some e-mails where product is too hard to apply...do you live in Antarctica? Just take a lighter or match and hold it under the colored end for a couple of seconds and it'll go on like a dream.
I'm not sure why ANYONE would pay more than a buck or two for a lip liner. Ladies, let's do a better job of not letting these makeup companies rip us off! Throughout my years of using different makeup lines, more expensive does not necessarily translate to better product. Don't be a sucker!
Highly recommend this lip liner pencil.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Excellent! Better than any high end liners. It is ridiculous to spend alot of money on lip liner. I am 58 1/2, have stopped dying my hair for over 4 1/2 yrs now. I have green blue eyes, pale complected & have tried almost every lip liner out there,in my lifetime, from very expensive to el cheapo, & since New York Color stopped making their nice, long lip pencils that I used for years, which were under a dollar-this is the best. I used MAC lip pencil for a few yrs. But now, I am living on very little financially & the truth is, that this is a universal shade & it can be used with many different shades of lipstick. For 99 cents, it is a no brainer! It easily beats out most all the others out there, in my opinion-not just price wise, but it is not drying, & you get alot of product, as well as a beautiful shade! The packaging is cheap-but....so what? To be honest, I had tried it before, when I was still coloring my hair & for whatever reason, wasn't wild about the shade, but, now that I am allowing my hair to be natural, this shade is perfect!! UPDATE-Am finding the shade is too brown on me. So will still be on the look out for a better shade & pencil, but this is still an excellent product for the price. I subtracted a lippie due to it having too much brown for me. New York Color-why did you stop making the perfect lip pencils? They were dirt cheap, you got a long pencil & the shade range was awesome! Sometimes, I think when cheap products become too popular-larger, more high-end companies come in & make deals with these companies so that they stop making them! Lol!

Ok, I think that the lovers of #712 who think #666 is too dark MUST be someone with a paler complexion and/or pale-ish lips. That's fine. Because that means you guys can leave me my #666. Why did it take me so long to buy you?? I knew about you since my first day on MUA. I'm glad I found you.

With just a few smudges of the l/l and then topped with Aquaphor (one of my favorite lip moisturizers), my lips look unbelievably gorgeous... a MLBB look-- but juicier and more flushy! It looks like when you have just been kissing someone, when the blood rushes to your lips and they become very rosy. Cheap AND effective and more flattering on me than most of the l/s or glosses that I own. I'm a convert.

I like the #712 as well, but it actually looks more nude-gray on me. I can tell that it will be good for very nude lips when I'm in the mood.

But until then, I'm sporting my #666!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i dont know when it happened but....
wet and wild changed the color of this lipliner 666!!
it used to be the most perfect fleshy pinkish nude color and now its a really dark chocolatey brown :(
not the same AT ALL...
why did they do that? they ruined a perfect color lipliner that i used for years and years.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WET AND WILD

This makes me look like a vampire cadaver. Sign me up for an X-Files episode.

on 11/3/2015 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a great lip liner. I've reached for this one a lot. I use it with a lot of different lipsticks, lip balms, and lip glosses and it works out with them. I'm a big fan of the color and also it's a perfect fall lip liner or if you want to deepen the outer edges of your lips. I take it and line my lips and then blend it with my finger, then I apply a lipstick or a gloss. If you wear it by itself though it can be drying and I have dry lips. If worn alone I would suggest wearing it with a balm or a gloss. I love that you can go very dark or sheer with it. My favorite combination with it is ELF Tea Rose, its the perfect fall nude look. I like that it's not metallic it looks like it would be but when applied it's a satin finish which is why it works with matte lipsticks. It's also great for the price. It makes me want to try more Wet n Wild lip liners. Overall I think its a great product.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have always passed by Wet n Wild's liners until I got heavy into brown lipstick and needed a good reddish brown liner to wear underneath the paler colors. I picked up # 711 Chestnut, which is a gorgeous brown and easily beats out some of the higher end brands you would find at Sephora.

I have always passed by the BrandyWine color #666 because I was scared of the frosty, shimmery appearance that it has on the bottom of the pencil. I don't know what took me so long to at last break down and spend the unbearable price of $1, but at last I picked up one of these pencils and put it on my lips. I was prepared for a hideous purple color (from the swatch on my hand), but I'm so pleasantly surprised at what I actually got.

This color reminds me of the 90's. It's has no shimmer or frost at all, and instead is a gorgeous mauve-brown. I've never seen any color quite like it in a liner before (women of color if you're looking for a MAC "Spice" dupe, keep looking. Spice is almost too pale and not really all that flattering on me by itself because of it's pink undertones, this one works because it has more mauve), and I think this would work really well for some lipsticks that I cannot wear alone. I'm thinking that BrandyWine probably looks absolutely stunning with the Silk Finish Lipstick in "Cashmere" that I always admire but never buy or try out because I know it'll look like a frosty nightmare on me.

This color would also look glorious under another mauve-brown lipstick that I have and absolutely adore, which is Maybelline's Untainted Spice (I have a review for that one floating around somewhere). I just ADORE this color, even by itself. Like I said, it's reminiscent of the 90's in that it's got that dark, moody and slightly depressed feel to it when I wear it that makes me think of Aaliyah in Romeo Must Die or Brandy and Monica in the video for "The Boy is Mine". Think lots of shimmer, but with depth to it that doesn't look tacky. If I'm not careful, this could EASILY become my every-day go to color. It's literally perfect. I've probably been looking for this color in my head for years but just wouldn't admit it.

Price point? What price point......literally you cannot beat $1. If you're hard up just wait until Rite Aid or CVS or some other drugstore that carries the Lip Liners has a sale and you can get one for $0.59 like I did today. These are always stocked. Packaging, like most of Wet n Wild, is absolutely awful. The cap flies off, the plastic is a chore to get off, etc. But for the price and size of this pencil I'm not going to complain, and just shove my spare change at Wet n Wild so I will always have this amazing color with me at all times.

I understand the following for this liner, if indeed it has one.

on 12/28/2010 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't use lipliners all that much but this one is the perfect one for me. It matches my lipcolor fairly well so it doesn't make me look like a clown like some other ones do. Overall it's an okay product, it will last me forever considering I don't use lipliners all that much and I have like 5. I would repurchase if I ever run out. Also, what's up with the name, 666? I think it's funny and laugh at the person who gave this a bad review because of it. I'm superstitious but seriously it's just lipliner who cares?

on 10/23/2012 10:46:00 PM

Have used this for >10 years. Love it and have repurchased repeatedly. When I first bought it, MAC wasn't as readily available as it is now and 666 was touted as a cheap dupe for "Spice" lipliner. I loved it, whether used prior to many varied lipcolors or with just MAC clear Lipglass.

on 11/20/2011 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

This was supposedly a universal shade. Ha. Made me look like a corpse.
The pencil was hard and not at all fun to apply. Now I use it to write the hubster notes on the bathrm mirror. Made in China also didn't thrill me.

Popular Lip Liners