wet n wild #666 liner

Wet N Wild Lipliner #666#666 liner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 9/24/2016 7:47:00 PM

I have been using this lip liner since the 1990s. It is the best nude lip line ever. I believe it was the actress Heather Locklear who said it was her "go to" lip liner and I bought it back then for 59 cents.....and never stopped using it. It looks great with a matching lipstick or just on its own. It has no sparkle, glitter, it doesn't migrate up your lip; it's just perfect.

All that being said, I'm concerned that people are writing in that they feel the formula and color have changed. I still have a few left over so I'm good for a spell but, how can we find out if they've altered something like texture or color? I know that the original owner of Wet 'n Wild sold the company and don't know how to get in touch with them anymore. Therefore, if I need a new one, I'd be afraid to buy one online as at least in a store, I'd be able to bring mine along to match it up. Problem is though, I don't see it sold in any stores anymore.

Look forward to hearing input from others on Makeup Alley.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Excellent! Better than any high end liners. It is ridiculous to spend alot of money on lip liner. I am 58 1/2, have stopped dying my hair for over 4 1/2 yrs now. I have green blue eyes, pale complected & have tried almost every lip liner out there,in my lifetime, from very expensive to el cheapo, & since New York Color stopped making their nice, long lip pencils that I used for years, which were under a dollar-this is the best. I used MAC lip pencil for a few yrs. But now, I am living on very little financially & the truth is, that this is a universal shade & it can be used with many different shades of lipstick. For 99 cents, it is a no brainer! It easily beats out most all the others out there, in my opinion-not just price wise, but it is not drying, & you get alot of product, as well as a beautiful shade! The packaging is cheap-but....so what? To be honest, I had tried it before, when I was still coloring my hair & for whatever reason, wasn't wild about the shade, but, now that I am allowing my hair to be natural, this shade is perfect!! UPDATE-Am finding the shade is too brown on me. So will still be on the look out for a better shade & pencil, but this is still an excellent product for the price. I subtracted a lippie due to it having too much brown for me. New York Color-why did you stop making the perfect lip pencils? They were dirt cheap, you got a long pencil & the shade range was awesome! Sometimes, I think when cheap products become too popular-larger, more high-end companies come in & make deals with these companies so that they stop making them! Lol!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Good lip pencil, great value. Does what it is supposed to do; helps keep my lipstick or gloss last longer. Have tried many brands of lip pencil, and this is the best of the bunch (at least for me). For reference I am a NW15.

on 11/20/2011 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

This was supposedly a universal shade. Ha. Made me look like a corpse.
The pencil was hard and not at all fun to apply. Now I use it to write the hubster notes on the bathrm mirror. Made in China also didn't thrill me.

on 9/3/2009 12:30:00 PM

Love this! I was never into lip liners, but I thought at 99 cents I couldn't go wrong if I didn't like it - LOL! Plus I've seen the recs by makeup artists for this as a universal flatterer so I thought it was worth a go. The color is perfect for me, a shade or two darker than my natural lip tone. I just line my lips with a thick line, smudge the inner part of the line to blend into my lips, and then apply a gloss over that(at the moment L'Oreal's HIP gloss in Coy, which has been d/c, sadly - it was my HG). Easy daytime look, and for night, great under a lipstick and then some gloss on on top of that. Since other reviewers have mentioned the difficulty of finding this color, I'm going to stock up when I do, as I just hate it when something I like just disappears. Since the pencil is long, it lasts a LONG time too.

on 8/31/2008 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I loved the color of this one but geez almighty, it almost ripped my lip when I applied it. Maybe I got an old one, but it was so dry that I tossed it. Not creamy at all and a real pistol to apply.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I decided to try this color after reading how it was the perfect color for everyone. I have to agree that it works great if I use it lightly. Putting on a lip balm before really helps it to glide on smoothly and keeps from over application. I also like applying a lip gloss on top.

Popular Lip Liners