Wet 'n' Wild #666 liner

Wet 'n' Wild #666 liner
Wet N Wild Lipliner #666#666 liner

Price: $

Price: $

Lanolin, Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Palm Glyceride, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Oleyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Palmitate, Nylon 12, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Mica (In Shades 663B,665A,666,712,714B,716), May Contain ( /-):, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarine Blue Violet (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hmm. Hmmmmmm.
I'm going to go ahead and add my voice to the other reviewers asking, "what the heck happened, Wet n'Wild??" because I have owned this shade before and don't recall it being quite so dark. I also remember it going on a *bit* less patchy. Granted, it has been maybe 8 years since I last used this, and memories are a tricky thing, but yes I do feel something has changed and not necessarily for the better..
For 99 cents you get a whole big ol' mama of a pencil, enough to last you maybe a decade if you're not using it daily. For the price, if you're curious, just pick it up because there is a possibility I just got a less than ideal variation and there could be a heap out there that is rocking peoples' worlds. For me, the color has it's place but it's not one I would turn to everyday. It is a bit dark on me, kind of a reddish wine brown, and I can say it pairs well with Kat Von D's liquid lipstick in Lolita, if that's your thing. It does have a slightly purplish cast that darkens it and makes me feel like it might be a darker version of the older formula others are raving about on here. Was it always this purple? I guess we'll never know.
The liner goes on heavily pigmented but the tiniest bit patchy- once again, I remember it being more even than that. WnW pencils can be a bit stiff, but they've never been patchy as far as I can remember. It kind of looks darker at some points than others. I am probably just looking for trouble where others wouldn't notice anything, but I saw what I saw so I have to mention it here.
Okay, so maybe not my finest lipliner moment but I wouldn't rule out repurchasing this because it is so affordable and a part of me feels like I owe it to the memory of this liner to give it a second chance. It could've been a fluke, and this liner and I go way back, plus it is literally the only liner I own that pairs well with Lolita (MAC Spice being a bit too light). We shall see..

on 9/25/2016 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I also used this in the 90's. I was a poor teenager and every one of my friends used it too. I remember it being a nude or dark mauve. Recently I've found it and bought a couple although now it looks more of a purple color. I don't know if I'm just remembering it wrong or if they changed the color. Its still a great deal though, a huge pencil for $1 so its worth a try. Its not a bad color, its just a bit dark.

Also, for those of you who can't find it in stores I found it in Walmart but the packaging is different and the color is brandywine.

To Read all 472 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/24/2016 7:47:00 PM

I have been using this lip liner since the 1990s. It is the best nude lip line ever. I believe it was the actress Heather Locklear who said it was her "go to" lip liner and I bought it back then for 59 cents.....and never stopped using it. It looks great with a matching lipstick or just on its own. It has no sparkle, glitter, it doesn't migrate up your lip; it's just perfect.

All that being said, I'm concerned that people are writing in that they feel the formula and color have changed. I still have a few left over so I'm good for a spell but, how can we find out if they've altered something like texture or color? I know that the original owner of Wet 'n Wild sold the company and don't know how to get in touch with them anymore. Therefore, if I need a new one, I'd be afraid to buy one online as at least in a store, I'd be able to bring mine along to match it up. Problem is though, I don't see it sold in any stores anymore.

Look forward to hearing input from others on Makeup Alley.

on 11/3/2015 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a great lip liner. I've reached for this one a lot. I use it with a lot of different lipsticks, lip balms, and lip glosses and it works out with them. I'm a big fan of the color and also it's a perfect fall lip liner or if you want to deepen the outer edges of your lips. I take it and line my lips and then blend it with my finger, then I apply a lipstick or a gloss. If you wear it by itself though it can be drying and I have dry lips. If worn alone I would suggest wearing it with a balm or a gloss. I love that you can go very dark or sheer with it. My favorite combination with it is ELF Tea Rose, its the perfect fall nude look. I like that it's not metallic it looks like it would be but when applied it's a satin finish which is why it works with matte lipsticks. It's also great for the price. It makes me want to try more Wet n Wild lip liners. Overall I think its a great product.

on 10/19/2015 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a nice redish Brown. It was only .99 cents so I can't complain. It looks nice with nude eye with wings with a nice pink gloss ontop and with a black smokey eye to give it the 90's look.

I feel like maybe this color was reformulated or something, because I definitely am not getting a pinky-nude shade like other older reviews mention. I found mine recently at Dollar Tree, and DT is known for selling discontinued/repackaged older products so I'm wondering if the shade has changed.

All that aside, I'll review the lip liner. It's only 99cents and even cheaper on sale. It's a really long pencil and will probably last forever. It feels like most lip liners, not super creamy but not rock hard either. Applies fairly easy and is pigmented.

I have light-medium skin with strong yellow/olive undertones and this lip liner is very brown on me. I would call it maybe a wine-brown. It does have a touch of shimmer to it which isn't super noticeable or anything. It comes off very 90s matte brown in my opinion, and apparently that's really popular again right now. But on me, brown doesn't work too well.

At first, I really didn't like it and I couldn't understand why so many women raved about it. It was just straight up rusty brown on me and not particularly flattering. But it's kind of growing on me in a way and I'm figuring out how to make it work. It looks better on me when I apply it lightly (instead of applying it thickly to make it super pigmented) and dab some lip balm on top. Looks more natural that way.

The best way to wear it, for me, is with NYC Rivington Rose lip shine on top. That combination is gorgeous, you must try it! It's only $3 to get both lip products, and it's the perfect rosy-brown lip color for every day.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have always passed by Wet n Wild's liners until I got heavy into brown lipstick and needed a good reddish brown liner to wear underneath the paler colors. I picked up # 711 Chestnut, which is a gorgeous brown and easily beats out some of the higher end brands you would find at Sephora.

I have always passed by the BrandyWine color #666 because I was scared of the frosty, shimmery appearance that it has on the bottom of the pencil. I don't know what took me so long to at last break down and spend the unbearable price of $1, but at last I picked up one of these pencils and put it on my lips. I was prepared for a hideous purple color (from the swatch on my hand), but I'm so pleasantly surprised at what I actually got.

This color reminds me of the 90's. It's has no shimmer or frost at all, and instead is a gorgeous mauve-brown. I've never seen any color quite like it in a liner before (women of color if you're looking for a MAC "Spice" dupe, keep looking. Spice is almost too pale and not really all that flattering on me by itself because of it's pink undertones, this one works because it has more mauve), and I think this would work really well for some lipsticks that I cannot wear alone. I'm thinking that BrandyWine probably looks absolutely stunning with the Silk Finish Lipstick in "Cashmere" that I always admire but never buy or try out because I know it'll look like a frosty nightmare on me.

This color would also look glorious under another mauve-brown lipstick that I have and absolutely adore, which is Maybelline's Untainted Spice (I have a review for that one floating around somewhere). I just ADORE this color, even by itself. Like I said, it's reminiscent of the 90's in that it's got that dark, moody and slightly depressed feel to it when I wear it that makes me think of Aaliyah in Romeo Must Die or Brandy and Monica in the video for "The Boy is Mine". Think lots of shimmer, but with depth to it that doesn't look tacky. If I'm not careful, this could EASILY become my every-day go to color. It's literally perfect. I've probably been looking for this color in my head for years but just wouldn't admit it.

Price point? What price point......literally you cannot beat $1. If you're hard up just wait until Rite Aid or CVS or some other drugstore that carries the Lip Liners has a sale and you can get one for $0.59 like I did today. These are always stocked. Packaging, like most of Wet n Wild, is absolutely awful. The cap flies off, the plastic is a chore to get off, etc. But for the price and size of this pencil I'm not going to complain, and just shove my spare change at Wet n Wild so I will always have this amazing color with me at all times.

I understand the following for this liner, if indeed it has one.

This is definitely my go to liner as well. I have been using it for years and I find it really goes well with every colour and resembles my own lip colour so its great for lining my lips to make them appear more full.

I can often pick it up for as low as .99 cents to $1.50. When I see it low, I usually stock up and grab a couple. You can't beat the price.

The quality is pretty good. I have never been one to spend a lot on liners though. It sharpens well, but I find many have the UPC code sticker near the end, and when they do, it makes it a bugger to sharpen. The sticker is very difficult to take off.

Texture is decent too.

This used to be my go to lip liner but something has changed. It seems drier or maybe it's because I haven't used it since I was a teenager and now that I am an adult it's not as good as I remember?

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i dont know when it happened but....
wet and wild changed the color of this lipliner 666!!
it used to be the most perfect fleshy pinkish nude color and now its a really dark chocolatey brown :(
not the same AT ALL...
why did they do that? they ruined a perfect color lipliner that i used for years and years.

Popular Lip Liners