Arbonne eye shadow

No Image

3.8

Not tested on animals

This rating is for the old version before April 2016
The frosted ones are ok. The eyeshadows themselves are too powdery. They don't blend very well. They're not very good. Okay for day wear but that's about it. There's much better out there . I think they're reformulating them so I'm looking forward to that

In recent years (I'm in my late 30's) I've begun to experience excema on my eyelids. I've never had sensitive skin before, but lately my eyelids have been exceptionally sensitive to all products but especially to eyeshadows. Arbonne shadows are the only ones I seem to be able to use. Since switching to Arbonne (about a year ago) I haven't had any problems with dry or irritated eye lids. I'm happy to have found something I can wear.

This is a product I am very pleased with. I only have two of the blue shades so far. The color is very satiny and covers the lid with just one swipe plus is easy to build up to a more intense color. It stays put all day.

I really like Lancome and MAC shadows as well. I would say I like all three equally depending on the color spectrum I am after. I do wish that Arbonne had a wider range of color choices, however, they have quite a few "neutrals" so will look forward to trying some of those.

on 12/2/2008 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do like the colors of the eyeshadows and they do stay on but when you put them on w/the brush most of the powder brushes off onto my sink which is a mess and huge waste! I also hate that you have to buy the eyeshadow holder and I didn't think they fit right. When I slide the lid open some of the shadow always brushes off.

on 7/1/2008 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love these, they're so silky, blendable.
The color is so true, buildable and flattering.

And they're the only shadows that truly last all day on my oily lids.

The packaging is irritating because it comes in a little plastic buggy to encourage you to buy an empty palette into which to put them. I already had one as a gift so I was fine but I found that annoying.

PS: they NEED more colors.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased 2 eyeshadows in Linen and Subtle and they're perfect together for an every day neutral eyeshadow look. The formula of these eyeshadows is extremely smooth and silky and they go on/blend well. I also like wearing this combo when I want to sport heavy winger eyeliner. I leave my lid neutral with these two colours then apply my eyeliner and it doesn't look overdone. Linen is a great all over lid /brow bone colour and Subtle is a great crease colour on my NC20 skintone. I ordered with my co workers so I got a great deal but its a little pricey when its at its regular price and you have to purchase one of their 2 eyeshadow pallets for $4 when purchasing these eyeshadows.

on 7/23/2006 6:10:00 PM

So far I have purchased 5 of these eyeshadows and have really liked them all. Love the consistency of the powder and how the color stays true throughout the day with no creasing on me anyways. Just would love to see more neutral and warm shade selections come out soon.

This eye shadow stinks!!! i have many, many, many colors and they do not stsy put! I've tried dabbing my brush with a little water and still- it doesnt stay on. Just like the eyeliner- it absolutly positivly stinks!!!

I gotta say, this eye shadow rocks! I have never cared too much about the quality of my eye shadow, I've always been more interested in color range. (I don't buy drug store eye shadow, but I'm not picky about the department store eye shadow.) I bought two of these for the colors, but I am greatly impressed by the quality. They last all day, feel great on, and don't irritate my eyes at all. The size is a bit small, and you have to buy a case to put them in, which is a bit of an extra cost that seems unnecessary, but the high quality will keep me coming back.

I have been looking for the longest time for a pink color that is just right, and Arbonne has it for me, ballet. The consistency of the powder is just right and stays put. I'm not crazy about having to buy a container to put eyeshadow in, but for $3 more I won't complain. Eyeshadow is one of the things I'll splurge on because you really see a difference in quality. I believe Arbonne's is one of the best I have tried.