Avon Tinted Moisture Shield

No Image

3.5

I have bought this product several times over the last few years. I like to use this when I want a light coverage and for when I want to look more natural but don't want to scare everyone by not wearing any makeup. I will usually put some concealer on first in problem areas and then use this. After its been on my skin for a short while I will apply a small dusting of translucent powder. It looks nice when you have a tan as it lets your tan show through and gives you a nice dewy fresh look. Not orangey or chalky looking.

This is a decent priced tinted moisturizer that will appal to anyone with normal or dry skin. Its very sheer so be prepared for any skin imperfections to shine through if you don't use a concealer. It also had a SPF of 15.

Many people complain about the smell and the container. personally the smell doesn't bother me, but I could see where someone else might not like it. Doesn't really smell offensive, just has a moisturizer skin screen odor to it. Odors that bother me are more flowery or sickening sweet smells so maybe that is why I am immune to it.

Container is okay. My only thing I don't like about it, is that it isn't the most hygienic way of using it. But it is a better container for getting every last bit out. I have a huge dislike for containers that waste product. I make a habit out of cutting open many tubes of makeup, glosses, etc, and am floored at how much product is actually remaining so this suits me fine. I also like that its plastic and easy to take travelling.

on 8/20/2010 1:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is great for someone who wants Next to no coverage, and a tinted moisturizer rich enough that they can skip regular moisturizer.

If you want some coverage, don't get this product because it is extremely sheer but it works well with my dry skin tone.

The packaging is very stupid, if its meant for your face it should be in at least a foundation tube, this is a twist off flat container that you just dip your fingers into to get the product out which is very messy and you take way too much. Unlike other reviews, unless I cake it on it doesn't seem to make my skin look oily. I also only have to use a small amount so it seems like it will last me a while.

This is my ULTIMATE casual, no frills tinted moisturizer. If I want a more full coverage I will use a foundation, but I take this camping or when I want to feel like Im not wearing makeup, and it adds a very subtle bit of color to my fair skin, but is all in all a good moisturizer.

on 6/12/2010 10:36:00 PM

I really like this stuff, and I depend on it everyday. For some reason a lot of companies don't sell their tinted moisturizers here in Canada (no Neutrogena t.m., and no Cover Girl T.M. :( ) so the only other one I have tried is the e.l.f. one (which caked on me and showed flaky dry skin).

There is only one colour choice, so you can imagine how sheer it is. I wish I had something with a bit more coverage, but I can't wear foundation b/c my skin in flaky. It works well for my medium-light skin tone with yellow undertones.

It is a bit greasy and you can wear it without a regular moisturizer underneath. But the moist finish does not both me because it can be topped with a powder of any sort for a smooth matte finish that is even.

And I haven't noticed the smell so it is not a problem.

Overall, a good product that I will repurchase.

on 5/20/2010 1:55:00 PM

I found no problem in the colour of this product. It didn't make me look orange or washed out like some other product do but that is where the good things end. I wanted to love this product. I used it for a whole week (no way was I doing it longer) and still could not find the way to make it work. I love the idea of this product but in this case Avon fails.

First it smells like suncreen, which makes sense since it has SPF but I really don't want to go around smelling like a 1st grade class room. It smell never leaves like some product it just clings to you and you can't overpower it.

Second it never sets. I don't mind looking a little bit dewy but you just look oily all day long. I couldn't powder because when I did the product stuck to the applicator (brush/spong) making a huge mess. It is not like I have oily skin or anything. I have very dry skin and it just never absorbed but it did sink right into my pores. My face would itch if I sweated too. That is less of an issue since my skin is very sensitive you might not have this problem.

Third, it made my other m/u look horrible. I do not normally put any foundation under my eyes that is reserved solely for my concealer but I did have a blemish one day so I just applied the concealer on top of the foundation. The combination of this plus my concealer was a cakey mess. It was horrible. The next day I put it on underneath but the moisturizer melted it away all the coverage. Even when I just tapped it over the spot.

Fourth, I hated the container. It is a pot with a screw top. When you open it up the product sticks to the lid even though I have had it sitting upright for 2 months now. That means that you get product on your hands as you open and close it. Get that product on your clothes or a towel it really does not want to let go. (I also had a small bit of transfer from my face during the day. ) A pump would have been a much better choice since it is very fluid.

Fifth, I found I needed to put a lot of product on my face. It does not spread or blend well and I found that if I did apply very little it would streak.

All in all, this product is not even worth the $5 I paid for it.

on 9/30/2008 12:36:00 AM

I have been using this product since I was 16. The coverage is light and really moisterizes. Great light coverage.

on 7/28/2008 9:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Not for me I'm afraid, though I should've known. I have very very pale skin and this just makes my face look dirty and blotchy! Not to mention greasy. If you have a light tan and non-oily skin, I'm sure this could be quite good, but stay away if you have very fair skin, it won't look natural.

on 1/8/2008 6:54:00 PM

I love this product, it protects my face and leaves a nice healthy glow to my skin. I cannot live with this stuff, I wear it every day. This is one of Avons best products, and I always stock up on this-- love,love, love it!!!!

on 10/15/2007 11:59:00 PM

I've been using this for about a year and I really like it. It's a little greasy in the summer, but it's great for fall and winter. I have pale skin and it adds the perfect amount of colour.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just got this tinted moisture shield as part of the 'Dream Team' bundle (3 products for $12.99). I have generally dry skin (T-zone exception) and an olive complexion. This tinted moisturizer is excellent for me! Very moisturizing (so I don't need any other cream), makes my skin soft and gives a really nice glow. It's sheer, which is what I like, and looks natural - none of the caked on business! I love it and I'd definitely recommend this and the Dream Team bundle.

on 5/15/2007 6:58:00 PM

I got this tinted shield when it came on a special bundle (3 products for $9.99) a month ago when the summer stuff started to show up. I love this tinted moisture - since it has SPF 15, I don't need to wear anything else. It gives you a summer look without getting expose to the harmful rays of the sun. I would only use it in the summer or whenever I want to give a beach look! I love it and I'll always buy and recommend to any one! I hope this help ;0).