Ultima II Glowtion Skin Brightening Moisturizer

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

on 3/15/2012 4:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This used to be my HG foundation when I was much younger. Glowtion is actually more of a luminous tinted moisturizer. I was super bummed when they discontinued this product because nothing else has ever compared since. It does exactly as the name implies...it gives a super healthy but not shiny glow. The only place I have seen it lately is on EBay for like $60. But, it's been discontinued for a long time so it would be pretty gross to put something THAT old on my face. Love love love this stuff with all of my heart!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

ORIGINAL 2 star rating - Upon reading these reviews, I really wanted to try the 'no color' version; however I was unable to find it anywhere. I found a place that had a good deal on the Glowtion moisturizer and I chose 'Fair', which was the lightest shade available. For the record, I have very fair, dry skin. Glowtion in 'Fair' is bright orange in the jar. When I put it on my face the orange mostly blended away, however in the areas of my face where my skin is most dry, the orange pigment was very noticeable. One thing that really put me off about this lotion was that it smells VERY strongly of sunscreen. I have been able to make it work by wearing my normal moisturizer underneath, then the Glowtion, and then a tinted moisturizer. It does help me achieve a slightly brighter complexion, but doesn’t seem to be worth the price, smell, and the trouble of having to layer it with other products. I would still like to try the ‘no color’ version and see if I have better results. I just saw that Ulta.com now has the Glowtion in 'no color'.
UPDATE- I finally bought the 'no color' version and it is GORGEOUS. For $21.50 a bottle, it's a tad pricey, but a little goes a long way and it's MUCH cheaper than other products out there that do the same. The smell is nice, kind of soft and perfumey, but not in any way offensive. I am a very fair NW15 and this goes on a transparent pearl. I can't explain how or why, but this lotion just makes my skin look better, without looking or feeling like make-up. It's a HG product for me. Fortunately, I don't have too much of a problem with blotchy skin or acne, so the sheerness of this product is fine. If I do need to even out my skin tone, I simply add just a touch of my foundation to the lotion and blend. This gives me a dewy, radiating beauty from the inside look. If you ever covet the glowing skin of the models in fashion mags, try this product and you just may be able to achieve that look.

on 2/11/2005 11:47:00 AM

OK, It looks like I'm going to become a serious Ultima fan. There are three products from this company that I have to have at all times and never run out (just like some people always have to have milk and eggs in their fridge). Ultima's Skin Brightening Moisturizer (no color) is one of them.
It's moisturizing enough for me (combo skin) and it gives the skin a radiant, fresh glow. It evens out the skin tone but does not provide any coverage for blemishes. If you want to go pure, you'll have to apply some concealer over your imperfections. This is one of those products that you can use, let's say you wake up in the morning and have company. Of course you don't want to start your makeup routine and reveal the secrets or your'natural' beauty. You apply this and it will be obvious that you don't have any makeup on but for some reason you will be told that you don't need any, you look sooo beautiful and radiant without it... (You will laugh silently and try to look as innocent as possible, hey, you just used a moisturizer and nothing else)