Ultima II Glowtion Skin Brightening Moisturizer

No Image

4.3

on 8/24/2010 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I wish they'd bring this back. Just enough tint and faint pearl to sort of blur the imperfections, enough moisture to help the dry spots without glopping up the skin or making the Tzone greasy and spf that actually helped. I loved this and want more. I DO have a bottle still, but it's past the date as would be anything I got to replace it...very sad this is discontinued. I've found nothing to replace it nor has my sister, though we both have been actively looking for years now.

on 6/21/2010 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I HEART GLOWTION! Wow, what a blast from the past :) I used this stuff YEARS ago before it was DC'd and you could buy it in the drug store for a few dollars. LOVED IT! Contrary to what you would believe, it did not make your skin super oily or shiny looking... really amazing product, just a true "glow" just like it claims. There is nothing else on the market either then or now that comes close to this. Really a shame that it's all over and you have to practically fork over a mortgage payment on the black market for this stuff! This will go down in history as one of those one in a million products that slipped through our fingers. RIP Glowtion, RIP.

on 4/30/2009 8:32:00 PM

I think I'm in the right place... The bottle says Glowtion SPF 15 Ultima II 2 Fluid Oz... and on the back it says "Flaw Perfecting. Skin Protecting. Moisture Retaining." I dunno if I'm in the right product review place but here goes:

I LOVE this product! My mom gave it to me and I started using it again.
PROS:
-Gives me a healthy glow, hence GLOWtion.
-Blends awesomely being tinted and everything.
-Does what it says on the bottle.
-Has SPF. Always a plus.

CONS:
-I looked on the internet and saw the price. Yikes. That's all I have to say.

Overall awesome product. I'll cherish this when I use it since I don't know if I can afford this. But I try not holding the price against the product. It doesn't affect its quality. 5 lipsticks though! I love it! :-D

on 3/23/2009 3:53:00 PM

I just received this in a swap. I am a little saddened by the few reviews on this product, as it is just wonderful and has become my HG. This is one of the few shimmer/highlighter/luminizing product that you can use on your WHOLE face. It doesn't have any noticeable glitter or shimmer particles in it- it just makes your skin glow and look healthy. It's subtle enough for everyday use but noticeable enough for people to wonder what it is different about you today. This would be wonderful on mature skin. Of course, I'm a big shimmer girl and I use an additional highlighter on my cheekbones, nose, cupids bow, and browbone, but this is a very good base and would be just enough for everyone else. For someone who has tried highlighters or other luminizing products but found it to be a bit "too much", then you should try this. This was what I wanted from MAC's strobe cream- but that didn't make a difference in my skin at all.

However, as a few has already mentioned, I hate the bottle. It isn't liquidy enough to flow out on its own by just tilting the bottle. And just to add in, I got the one in No Color and I would suggest that shade for everyone, too!

on 2/18/2006 1:43:00 PM

I swapped for this item in "no colour", as I was looking for a tinted moisturizer to transition from using foundation. Initially, I was worried that this would make my skin too shiny, and although it gives more shine than I'd prefer on my skin, it does give me a glow that's healthy and natural looking. I've had people commpliment on my skin, when all I was wearing was this and a bit of loose powder. I like that it has some SPF, although I'm not sure if the amount I apply to my face provides adequate sun protection. Sometimes I mix a bit of my foundation in with this moisturizer to provide more coverage.

That said, I wished the packaging was a little more user friendly! It's heavy and bulky, and the product isn't all that liquidy so it's very hard to actually pour anything out - I usually have to shake it out (think, Heinz ketchup consistency, in the old fashion ketchup bottles, yup). A pump or a squeeze bottle would have been a lot more practical. The product has a scent to it, which isn't too offensive, but be careful not to get this on your lips - it tastes awful! I hope I'll be able to swap for more of this once I run out - we don't have access to this line in Canada.

on 9/27/2005 12:35:00 AM

I like this product. I got it free in a promotion when I purchased the glowtion foundation that I have used for years. I wear it on the weekends during the day, because it gives very light coverage with a great glow. Sometimes I use it it conjunction with the glowtion foundation, but this sometimes makes my face look slightly greasy instead of glowy. I usually choose a light-medium shade of make-up, but I wear the "light" in this product. I think it would be too dark if you are fair- light skinned.

I have this in no color and I love it. I just bought a second bottle yesterday at Ulta. It goes on smooth and brightens without looking fake. A great product. $21.50 is a bit steep, but the bottle is rather large and lasts a long time.

on 11/27/2004 5:42:00 PM

The no-colour shade works wonderful under makeup - makes my skin look absolutely flawless. I've tried all sorts of highlighter type things (radiance enhancers, whatever): Revlon Skinlights, Prescriptives Vibrance, Benefit Highbeam/Moonbeam - and this does the job the best. The texture isn't the greatest, and the the smell is a bit odd, but I don't hold that against it! Heck, the stuff does what it says on the bottle. The bottle is pretty big, and I don't use it daily, so I can't see that I'll be repurchasing anytime soon as I'll probably never run out!

on 7/7/2003 2:29:00 AM

I wear this in the winter and I LOVE IT. I've been using for 2 years now. I have the NO COLOR one it is beautiful on my brown skin. It can look a bit intimidating in the bottle ( it looks iridescent white ) but it rubs in beautifully and leaves a GLOW like you couldn't imagine. Not gooey, greasy, or watery....just wonderful. I had to order mine online. Will update with the web site.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

No wonder ultima 2 is a drugstore brand now! This stuff looks terrible and does not match any skintone i have ever seen.