Ultima II Glowtion Skin Brightening Moisturizer

No Image

4.7

on 10/5/2008 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I recently invested in this as the no colour version it had such good reviews. I wasn't that easy to get in no colour in the uk but i finally managed and it has definatly lived up to my expectations! When you first put it on it looks kind of shiny and intimidating but i blends really easily and settles too make you look glowy and healthy with no noticible shimmer particles. The only annoying thing is the packaging- Its in a glass bottle with no pump which wouldn't be the end of the world if i could actually get some out, but it is so thick i cant get any to come out at all and have had to buy some skinny spatula's to poke in there and scrape some out!

on 2/18/2006 1:43:00 PM

I swapped for this item in "no colour", as I was looking for a tinted moisturizer to transition from using foundation. Initially, I was worried that this would make my skin too shiny, and although it gives more shine than I'd prefer on my skin, it does give me a glow that's healthy and natural looking. I've had people commpliment on my skin, when all I was wearing was this and a bit of loose powder. I like that it has some SPF, although I'm not sure if the amount I apply to my face provides adequate sun protection. Sometimes I mix a bit of my foundation in with this moisturizer to provide more coverage.

That said, I wished the packaging was a little more user friendly! It's heavy and bulky, and the product isn't all that liquidy so it's very hard to actually pour anything out - I usually have to shake it out (think, Heinz ketchup consistency, in the old fashion ketchup bottles, yup). A pump or a squeeze bottle would have been a lot more practical. The product has a scent to it, which isn't too offensive, but be careful not to get this on your lips - it tastes awful! I hope I'll be able to swap for more of this once I run out - we don't have access to this line in Canada.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this moisturizer! I have it in "Light" and it gives me the right amount of color and evens out skintone. It does a good job of moisturizing as well. I've tried other brands and they've all felt like a light foundation, not a moisturizer. I'm on my second bottle and will order more when I run out. Although, it's getting harder to find.