Ultima II Glowtion Skin Brightening Moisturizer

No Image

4.2

on 3/15/2012 4:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This used to be my HG foundation when I was much younger. Glowtion is actually more of a luminous tinted moisturizer. I was super bummed when they discontinued this product because nothing else has ever compared since. It does exactly as the name implies...it gives a super healthy but not shiny glow. The only place I have seen it lately is on EBay for like $60. But, it's been discontinued for a long time so it would be pretty gross to put something THAT old on my face. Love love love this stuff with all of my heart!

on 8/24/2010 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I wish they'd bring this back. Just enough tint and faint pearl to sort of blur the imperfections, enough moisture to help the dry spots without glopping up the skin or making the Tzone greasy and spf that actually helped. I loved this and want more. I DO have a bottle still, but it's past the date as would be anything I got to replace it...very sad this is discontinued. I've found nothing to replace it nor has my sister, though we both have been actively looking for years now.

on 6/21/2010 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I HEART GLOWTION! Wow, what a blast from the past :) I used this stuff YEARS ago before it was DC'd and you could buy it in the drug store for a few dollars. LOVED IT! Contrary to what you would believe, it did not make your skin super oily or shiny looking... really amazing product, just a true "glow" just like it claims. There is nothing else on the market either then or now that comes close to this. Really a shame that it's all over and you have to practically fork over a mortgage payment on the black market for this stuff! This will go down in history as one of those one in a million products that slipped through our fingers. RIP Glowtion, RIP.

on 2/18/2006 1:43:00 PM

I swapped for this item in "no colour", as I was looking for a tinted moisturizer to transition from using foundation. Initially, I was worried that this would make my skin too shiny, and although it gives more shine than I'd prefer on my skin, it does give me a glow that's healthy and natural looking. I've had people commpliment on my skin, when all I was wearing was this and a bit of loose powder. I like that it has some SPF, although I'm not sure if the amount I apply to my face provides adequate sun protection. Sometimes I mix a bit of my foundation in with this moisturizer to provide more coverage.

That said, I wished the packaging was a little more user friendly! It's heavy and bulky, and the product isn't all that liquidy so it's very hard to actually pour anything out - I usually have to shake it out (think, Heinz ketchup consistency, in the old fashion ketchup bottles, yup). A pump or a squeeze bottle would have been a lot more practical. The product has a scent to it, which isn't too offensive, but be careful not to get this on your lips - it tastes awful! I hope I'll be able to swap for more of this once I run out - we don't have access to this line in Canada.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this moisturizer! I have it in "Light" and it gives me the right amount of color and evens out skintone. It does a good job of moisturizing as well. I've tried other brands and they've all felt like a light foundation, not a moisturizer. I'm on my second bottle and will order more when I run out. Although, it's getting harder to find.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

No wonder ultima 2 is a drugstore brand now! This stuff looks terrible and does not match any skintone i have ever seen.