Ultima II Glowtion Skin Brightening Moisturizer

No Image

4.4

on 3/15/2012 4:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This used to be my HG foundation when I was much younger. Glowtion is actually more of a luminous tinted moisturizer. I was super bummed when they discontinued this product because nothing else has ever compared since. It does exactly as the name implies...it gives a super healthy but not shiny glow. The only place I have seen it lately is on EBay for like $60. But, it's been discontinued for a long time so it would be pretty gross to put something THAT old on my face. Love love love this stuff with all of my heart!

on 8/24/2010 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I wish they'd bring this back. Just enough tint and faint pearl to sort of blur the imperfections, enough moisture to help the dry spots without glopping up the skin or making the Tzone greasy and spf that actually helped. I loved this and want more. I DO have a bottle still, but it's past the date as would be anything I got to replace it...very sad this is discontinued. I've found nothing to replace it nor has my sister, though we both have been actively looking for years now.

on 4/30/2009 8:32:00 PM

I think I'm in the right place... The bottle says Glowtion SPF 15 Ultima II 2 Fluid Oz... and on the back it says "Flaw Perfecting. Skin Protecting. Moisture Retaining." I dunno if I'm in the right product review place but here goes:

I LOVE this product! My mom gave it to me and I started using it again.
PROS:
-Gives me a healthy glow, hence GLOWtion.
-Blends awesomely being tinted and everything.
-Does what it says on the bottle.
-Has SPF. Always a plus.

CONS:
-I looked on the internet and saw the price. Yikes. That's all I have to say.

Overall awesome product. I'll cherish this when I use it since I don't know if I can afford this. But I try not holding the price against the product. It doesn't affect its quality. 5 lipsticks though! I love it! :-D

on 2/18/2006 1:43:00 PM

I swapped for this item in "no colour", as I was looking for a tinted moisturizer to transition from using foundation. Initially, I was worried that this would make my skin too shiny, and although it gives more shine than I'd prefer on my skin, it does give me a glow that's healthy and natural looking. I've had people commpliment on my skin, when all I was wearing was this and a bit of loose powder. I like that it has some SPF, although I'm not sure if the amount I apply to my face provides adequate sun protection. Sometimes I mix a bit of my foundation in with this moisturizer to provide more coverage.

That said, I wished the packaging was a little more user friendly! It's heavy and bulky, and the product isn't all that liquidy so it's very hard to actually pour anything out - I usually have to shake it out (think, Heinz ketchup consistency, in the old fashion ketchup bottles, yup). A pump or a squeeze bottle would have been a lot more practical. The product has a scent to it, which isn't too offensive, but be careful not to get this on your lips - it tastes awful! I hope I'll be able to swap for more of this once I run out - we don't have access to this line in Canada.

on 2/11/2005 11:47:00 AM

OK, It looks like I'm going to become a serious Ultima fan. There are three products from this company that I have to have at all times and never run out (just like some people always have to have milk and eggs in their fridge). Ultima's Skin Brightening Moisturizer (no color) is one of them.
It's moisturizing enough for me (combo skin) and it gives the skin a radiant, fresh glow. It evens out the skin tone but does not provide any coverage for blemishes. If you want to go pure, you'll have to apply some concealer over your imperfections. This is one of those products that you can use, let's say you wake up in the morning and have company. Of course you don't want to start your makeup routine and reveal the secrets or your'natural' beauty. You apply this and it will be obvious that you don't have any makeup on but for some reason you will be told that you don't need any, you look sooo beautiful and radiant without it... (You will laugh silently and try to look as innocent as possible, hey, you just used a moisturizer and nothing else)

on 11/27/2004 5:42:00 PM

The no-colour shade works wonderful under makeup - makes my skin look absolutely flawless. I've tried all sorts of highlighter type things (radiance enhancers, whatever): Revlon Skinlights, Prescriptives Vibrance, Benefit Highbeam/Moonbeam - and this does the job the best. The texture isn't the greatest, and the the smell is a bit odd, but I don't hold that against it! Heck, the stuff does what it says on the bottle. The bottle is pretty big, and I don't use it daily, so I can't see that I'll be repurchasing anytime soon as I'll probably never run out!

on 7/7/2003 2:29:00 AM

I wear this in the winter and I LOVE IT. I've been using for 2 years now. I have the NO COLOR one it is beautiful on my brown skin. It can look a bit intimidating in the bottle ( it looks iridescent white ) but it rubs in beautifully and leaves a GLOW like you couldn't imagine. Not gooey, greasy, or watery....just wonderful. I had to order mine online. Will update with the web site.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

No wonder ultima 2 is a drugstore brand now! This stuff looks terrible and does not match any skintone i have ever seen.