Ultima II Glowtion Skin Brightening Moisturizer

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

4.4

on 3/23/2009 3:53:00 PM

I just received this in a swap. I am a little saddened by the few reviews on this product, as it is just wonderful and has become my HG. This is one of the few shimmer/highlighter/luminizing product that you can use on your WHOLE face. It doesn't have any noticeable glitter or shimmer particles in it- it just makes your skin glow and look healthy. It's subtle enough for everyday use but noticeable enough for people to wonder what it is different about you today. This would be wonderful on mature skin. Of course, I'm a big shimmer girl and I use an additional highlighter on my cheekbones, nose, cupids bow, and browbone, but this is a very good base and would be just enough for everyone else. For someone who has tried highlighters or other luminizing products but found it to be a bit "too much", then you should try this. This was what I wanted from MAC's strobe cream- but that didn't make a difference in my skin at all.

However, as a few has already mentioned, I hate the bottle. It isn't liquidy enough to flow out on its own by just tilting the bottle. And just to add in, I got the one in No Color and I would suggest that shade for everyone, too!

on 10/5/2008 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I recently invested in this as the no colour version it had such good reviews. I wasn't that easy to get in no colour in the uk but i finally managed and it has definatly lived up to my expectations! When you first put it on it looks kind of shiny and intimidating but i blends really easily and settles too make you look glowy and healthy with no noticible shimmer particles. The only annoying thing is the packaging- Its in a glass bottle with no pump which wouldn't be the end of the world if i could actually get some out, but it is so thick i cant get any to come out at all and have had to buy some skinny spatula's to poke in there and scrape some out!

on 9/27/2005 12:35:00 AM

I like this product. I got it free in a promotion when I purchased the glowtion foundation that I have used for years. I wear it on the weekends during the day, because it gives very light coverage with a great glow. Sometimes I use it it conjunction with the glowtion foundation, but this sometimes makes my face look slightly greasy instead of glowy. I usually choose a light-medium shade of make-up, but I wear the "light" in this product. I think it would be too dark if you are fair- light skinned.

I have this in no color and I love it. I just bought a second bottle yesterday at Ulta. It goes on smooth and brightens without looking fake. A great product. $21.50 is a bit steep, but the bottle is rather large and lasts a long time.

on 3/22/2004 9:12:00 AM

I bought two bottles of this in "No Color" at Sears, on super-duper clearance. I love this, I have a pale complexion & find that whether or not I'm using self tanner, this seems to work for me. I like using this in place of foundation-it gives me that "I don't have to do anything, I just look this way..." kind of a complexion. I was afraid it would look sparkly, but was pleasantly suprised. Great to throw on w/some mascara & lip balm for running out of the house with no time to get ready.

on 1/27/2004 4:13:00 PM

Ok, don't ask me how I got stuck with both a regular sized bottle, guess I stupidly bought that at my local Long's Drugs and a samle size???? This stuff looked intriguing in the store and the bottle was cool, but when I put the light formula on my light skin it looked just awful. The product touts itself as being a great sunblock, with its spf 25 which is probably what sold me initially and it is supposed to add a healthy "glow." Glow? the result was a goulish dark orangey looking thing that did not flatter at all. In fact, the light version looks very dark peachy orange in the bottle. I was really hoping for more and had heard good things about this line, but this did not satisfy at all.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this moisturizer! I have it in "Light" and it gives me the right amount of color and evens out skintone. It does a good job of moisturizing as well. I've tried other brands and they've all felt like a light foundation, not a moisturizer. I'm on my second bottle and will order more when I run out. Although, it's getting harder to find.

on 4/24/2003 1:50:00 AM

I like this stuff. I wear it on casual days. I am pretty white so this just gives me some color and looks natural on me. I should say that I havn't tried any other tinted moisturizer so I am not compareing this with anything. I would buy this again but, i will probably try a few others out first.