Ultima II Glowtion Skin Brightening Moisturizer

No Image

4.2

on 7/27/2003 1:55:00 PM

I dont understand how any of the colors can match anyone's skintone. Its looks like im sunburned when I apply it. So I tried using it as a blush, but it looked muddy.

on 2/15/2003 11:51:00 AM

i can't imagine who and on what planet could possibly get this stuff and its color to work for them.

on 3/3/2005 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think i bought the wrong color. I was at the Revlon Factory Outlet in New Jersey and they had a bunch of Ultima II and since I'd never tried the stuff before, i decided to give it a shot. I had 3 minutes till the store closed and i chose the medium shade because im usually a medium (nc30). I came home and tried some off the inside of the cap and it was too dark for my skin, it looked like a dirty tan on me and thats not good. They dont do returns but i thought id give it a try when i go back to NJ. I plan on getting the no color based on the reviews here. Also, for those of you who cannot find the stuff anywhere, heres the website where u can order it. I got it for $8.60, which ive heard is a steal. The website is: www.cosmeticsandmore.com
You can thank me later:D Hope this helps, ladies! good luck:)

on 1/27/2004 4:13:00 PM

Ok, don't ask me how I got stuck with both a regular sized bottle, guess I stupidly bought that at my local Long's Drugs and a samle size???? This stuff looked intriguing in the store and the bottle was cool, but when I put the light formula on my light skin it looked just awful. The product touts itself as being a great sunblock, with its spf 25 which is probably what sold me initially and it is supposed to add a healthy "glow." Glow? the result was a goulish dark orangey looking thing that did not flatter at all. In fact, the light version looks very dark peachy orange in the bottle. I was really hoping for more and had heard good things about this line, but this did not satisfy at all.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

No wonder ultima 2 is a drugstore brand now! This stuff looks terrible and does not match any skintone i have ever seen.

on 6/21/2010 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I HEART GLOWTION! Wow, what a blast from the past :) I used this stuff YEARS ago before it was DC'd and you could buy it in the drug store for a few dollars. LOVED IT! Contrary to what you would believe, it did not make your skin super oily or shiny looking... really amazing product, just a true "glow" just like it claims. There is nothing else on the market either then or now that comes close to this. Really a shame that it's all over and you have to practically fork over a mortgage payment on the black market for this stuff! This will go down in history as one of those one in a million products that slipped through our fingers. RIP Glowtion, RIP.

on 2/18/2006 1:43:00 PM

I swapped for this item in "no colour", as I was looking for a tinted moisturizer to transition from using foundation. Initially, I was worried that this would make my skin too shiny, and although it gives more shine than I'd prefer on my skin, it does give me a glow that's healthy and natural looking. I've had people commpliment on my skin, when all I was wearing was this and a bit of loose powder. I like that it has some SPF, although I'm not sure if the amount I apply to my face provides adequate sun protection. Sometimes I mix a bit of my foundation in with this moisturizer to provide more coverage.

That said, I wished the packaging was a little more user friendly! It's heavy and bulky, and the product isn't all that liquidy so it's very hard to actually pour anything out - I usually have to shake it out (think, Heinz ketchup consistency, in the old fashion ketchup bottles, yup). A pump or a squeeze bottle would have been a lot more practical. The product has a scent to it, which isn't too offensive, but be careful not to get this on your lips - it tastes awful! I hope I'll be able to swap for more of this once I run out - we don't have access to this line in Canada.

I have this in no color and I love it. I just bought a second bottle yesterday at Ulta. It goes on smooth and brightens without looking fake. A great product. $21.50 is a bit steep, but the bottle is rather large and lasts a long time.

on 11/27/2004 5:42:00 PM

The no-colour shade works wonderful under makeup - makes my skin look absolutely flawless. I've tried all sorts of highlighter type things (radiance enhancers, whatever): Revlon Skinlights, Prescriptives Vibrance, Benefit Highbeam/Moonbeam - and this does the job the best. The texture isn't the greatest, and the the smell is a bit odd, but I don't hold that against it! Heck, the stuff does what it says on the bottle. The bottle is pretty big, and I don't use it daily, so I can't see that I'll be repurchasing anytime soon as I'll probably never run out!

on 4/24/2003 1:50:00 AM

I like this stuff. I wear it on casual days. I am pretty white so this just gives me some color and looks natural on me. I should say that I havn't tried any other tinted moisturizer so I am not compareing this with anything. I would buy this again but, i will probably try a few others out first.