Aveda Chakra III Pure-Fume- Equipoise

2.6

I used to like this one, but now find it kind of medicinal-smelling.

I think this scent has been discontinued so I'm not sure how useful a review is. But here goes... In the bottle this smelled lovely, a fresh, clean citrus. Since I've been looking for citrus scents lately, I eagerly dabbed some on. Immediately I was taken aback. Something about this scent and my chemistry just do not work. It turned very chemical-smelling on me, like bathroom cleanser, complete with an acrid underlying odor of urine. Thankfully this has little staying power, vanishing from my wrists in about an hour.

A beautiful, clean, inoffensive scent that I love to wear when I'm just out of the shower. Unfortunately, it has zero staying power.

Aveda recently reformulated and repackaged this product. The packaging is better, but the formula is WAY weaker. The original formula lasted all day; this one barely lasts until lunch! It smells great initially - I just wish it had more staying power.

I have a purse spray of this scent form Aveda. It is supposed to enhance your balance and poise. The scent has notes of bergamot, jasmine, orange, neroli and ylang-ylang. The scent is earthy and citrusy. Pleasant, but not earth-shattering. It's refreshing enough, so I use it at work sometimes.

Popular Fragrances