L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Double Extend Mascara

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Quite an average mascara to be honest. I've always loved the idea of 'tube' mascaras but unfortunately, the prime end doesn't work particularly well with the coloured end. My two main gripes is that the white primer erases any hard work I've put in with my lash curlers and then once dry and the black side is applied, it turns my lashes grey and even the lightest swipe of eyeshadow gets stuck onto it.

The only redeeming quality is that like other reviewers have mentioned, it is smudgeproof with sweat and oil but once the warmth of the shower hits, it's very easy to rub off without any lashes falling out as collateral. If this mascara just came with the black side, I wouldn't mind repurchasing as a natural everyday mascara but with both sides on the product, I'm sure there's many other better alternatives on the market.

on 4/30/2018 8:21:00 AM

I have finally found my HG mascara. My issue was that every single mascara (high or low end) always ended up smudging on my lower eye area making me look like I had a black eye. For one, I had no idea there was a difference in smudgeproof and waterproof mascara and my issue was oily lids (due to my skin products) that affected the mascara and made it slide all over my eyes.

After reading lots of reviews, I decided to try the Double Extend and for $12, that's not a huge investment to make if it didn't work out...turns out this is perfect for me. I wear it all day with zero smudging.

I only gave it a 4 because the wand kind of sucks; if you don't control the amount of primer/mascara on the wand, you get clumps. If this happens, I just use a clean/spare mascara wand to spread the mascara through my lashes.

on 9/9/2017 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have always worn drugstore mascara. The past couple of years I have worn only tubing mascara because otherwise there are never ending smears. I have worn L'OREAL, NYX, and Boots. NYX is by far the worst. The wand is awful. Boots and L'OR√ČAL have completely different wands, neither very good, and I was satisfied equally with them. None of them had a particularly great formula but I rationalized it as the price to pay to not smudge. I had no volume, no length, but I did have black.

I finally bought Estee Lauder and am completely happy. I will never go back.

I'll give this product a nice solid four.
I admit it, I'm a mascara junkie.
If I had to limit myself to one makeup product, mascara would be the choice without a second thought.

Truth be told, I have used other mascaras that added slightly more volume and length.
L'Oreal's Voluminous Extra Volume Collagen or False Fibers and Maybelline's The Falsies Black Drama are a few drugstore examples that I prefer for length and or thickness. These ones will have people asking if I'm wearing false lashes.

That being said, the L'Oreal Double Extend does provide significant thickness and length while defining lashes. I won't get asked if I'm wearing false lashes but they still look good.

It would be nice if this mascara came in an even darker shade of black, but many might find this soft black suits them just fine.

When I first started using the mascara, I felt that the two step process was a bit annoying.
HOWEVER, the time it takes to wash your makeup off at the end of the night more than makes up for those extra seconds in the morning.

I loooooove how effortlessly it comes off. This is a major plus for me.

on 12/15/2015 7:46:00 PM

I have been searching for a good mascara ever since Loreal discontinued Color Endure years ago. I have a graveyard of mascara's to prove it. It was the best mascara on the planet !!!! With Color Endure, I could swim and it wouldn't come off and It wasn't even waterproof (Please Loreal, look in your archives and bring Color Endure back !!!). But I digress. Double Extend is no Color Endure but it does a nice job of lengthening and defining my lashes. It wears well and is fairly easy to remove. Although my search will never be over for a Color Endure replacement, Double Extend is pretty darn good. This is a really good mascara but a little pricey.

on 12/18/2014 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yes its an okay mascara

At the same time of buying this, I had also bought the Double extend lash boosting. I feel like both give the same effect on the eyes so I gave this one away, but it's a really nice mascara! If length is your priority but you found the L'Orťal telescopic too clumpy, this is for you!

on 8/6/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great mascara! I really like the formula and how it can hold my curl better than the Maybelline pro extention. My lashes looks more natural too compared to the Mabelline one. The application is very easy, i like that the brushes are not too big.

on 6/6/2014 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the only mascara that doesn't smear during my 12 hour shifts with my oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my favorite tubing mascara. Its perfect for humid Ontario summers as it doesn't melt under my eyes and it's super easy to take off. Just massage your lashes with warm water and...done!

I love the length it gives my lashes. The only thing that stops me from giving this 5 lippies is that it doesn't thicken my lashes enough, unless I coat my lashes several times but that creates clumps with this formula. In order to create more volume I apply a coat or two of a volumizing mascara after the primer and before the double extend mascara. It seems to do the trick.