Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 10/19/2017 1:50:00 PM

Oh I'm going to add to what so many have already said. I too had such high hopes for this Foundation. The foundation does what it says which is that it Glides on smoothly, buildable coverage with a luminous glow. My complexion with this makeup looked absolutely stunning. I was just so amazed, even in the Sun! But that is where my love affair ended. Like others, I had a reaction. My face started itching at the end of the day to the point where I ran home to take the makeup off. With everyone else's reviews on breakouts and reactions to this Foundation, there was no way I was going to try it for another day as my skin just cleared up from a bad hormonal Breakout.

on 10/17/2017 2:13:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this foundation after reading/watching hundreds of reviews but... this was one of my biggest disappointments in makeup purchases in general. Leaving aside the fact that it's so pricey, I could never imagine my skin reacting to any makeup product the way it did with this foundation. Although I have fairly normal/combination skin, which is not sensitive to any makeup and doesn't break out, this foundation caused so much problems for my skin:( although it promises luminous skin look and supposedly works great on most skin types, it looked so dry in places, clinging to my skin, mostly forehead, looking patchy and uneven. I'm neutral undertone and I found 4.5 shade to be too yellow, in general hard to get the right shade for fair neutral skin tone. I would be happy with the coverage it gives as I never look for full coverage in foundation, however there's something in its formula that's absolutely not working on my skin. I started feeling really itchy almost immediately after applying it and by the end of the day, my face was covered in rash, which I never ever had from any other makeup product. I decided to give it another go after my skin completely cleared out, prepping as normally would with any other foundation and unfortunately got the same reaction. Oh well, going back to my holy grail Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Foundation.

on 9/12/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sadly this foundation is oxidizing on my oily skin.... however I did go get myself a shade lighter- the 4.0.
When doing the "Wayne Goss translucent powder trick", and a couple of touch ups, this foundation lasts all day (12 hours +).
And I love that this foundation causes no flashback... just wore it at my cousins wedding- and I looked flawless in photos :)
I've always been using "flat-matte", longwear foundations like Estee Lauder double wear, and Macs pro longwear, so I didn't really believe in the hype around this foundation, now I do- it is truly amazing :)

The only thing keeping me from making this my everyday foundation is the price-tag :(

on 9/25/2017 2:54:00 PM

I'm using this foundation for a few days now and I really like it. It does get oily on my t-zone very quickly but on the normal parts of my face, the foundation does what it says. It has a gorgeous finish, really skin-like. I have to use my LM translucent powder underneath and on top of the product on my nose and forehead to control the shine for a few hours. Afterwards, I have to blot every now and then, but there is no foundation out there that could possibly control my oil-happy nose, so I'm fine with that. It also didn't break me out, which tends to happen a lot lately. Don't know how or why.

The colour I bought (3) is a tad bit too light for my NC15 skin, especially if I set it with the LM translucent powder, which always leaves a slightly white-ish colour to my face. But one shade darker (3.5 I think) was way too warm for me, so I had to settle for this one. Also, winter is coming, so it's better to have a lighter colour this time of year. I found that the MAC mineralize loose powder (in the shade extra light) works really well with this foundation, especially to darken the foundation a tiny bit. I apply it with a flat kabuki brush and then put some product on a beauty blender and blend it all out. I use the beauty blender to set the powder on my oily zones and a brush to lightly set the foundation on my cheeks (which are normal so don't need much setting).

It's a lovely product with a reasonable colour range (which most drugstore foundations don't have, so I don't understand some reviews here claiming that there are drugstore foundations better than this one). Only downside I would say is the price. 54 Euros is a lot of money for a foundation, but if I continue to like it I will definitely repurchase.

on 10/11/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Unforunately I wasn't a fan of this foundation, I could feel is sitting on top of my skin, the coverage was ok but not great and it didn't last very long either. I also don't like the fact that it has fragrance.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After putting off buying this, I finally did. It has cost me an arm and a leg but it is worth it. I love the finish that it gives me like a 2nd skin type. To my surprise this actually last pretty well on me considering I am combo skin. This is not heavy or cakey. That being said, I need to set this with powder not just in my T-zone but my whole face. I don't find that powdering it takes away the beautiful dew/glow that it gives me skin. This is one of those rare foundation that is best with a brush. It just gives more coverage for me. Way more coverage than a sponge per say. I dab/pat this on and not drag it for more coverage. Then I lightly go over with sponge just to even it out and get rid of streaky marks but nothing that bothers me.

My biggest issue with this foundation is the scent. It makes my face itchy by the afternoon but oddly enough it doesn't break me out. This is actually starting to be one of my go to. This is actually best set with a light dusting of pressed powder than a loose powder. I'm not really sure why but the finish is more airbrush and Luminous with a pressed powder.

The shade system is confusing to me. My shade is too dark which is 5.5 totally my fault should have bought 4.5 instead but summer is approaching so hopefully it will match. If not, I will happily buy a shade lighter. At the moment it's not bad, I just mix in 1 pump of my IT Cosmetics CC+ to lighten it and it plays really well together. This doesn't oxidise on me. To me this foundation is worth the hype. Not HG status (yet) and I will probably need to try it with other primer and powder. Currently plays nicely with KVD Blotting Powder and Charlotte Tilbury Pressed Powder. Not well with Laura Mercier (gets too heavy and cakey) or RCMA No colour powder because it's just get too dry and it takes away the nice glowy finish. Try to get a sample if you can. It's worth repurchasing for me. Actually a good surprise for me. I have been trying out a couple of hyped up and high end foundation lately and it's all a massive fail so this actually works for a change.

on 8/26/2017 12:07:00 PM

I have to write an urgent review for this because it gave me such a terrible reaction and I don't want anyone of you to suffer the same. My skin is combi in general and I do get a couple of pimples once in a while. I'm definitely prone to that kind of thing. I bought this because I looked up the ingredients on cosdna and it looked like a very safe choice, as with most of the reviews here. Alas I will have to join the minority of reviewers who have reported a breakout.

I wore this for about 3 days with no issues.. and on the 4th day omg.. I developed a rash-like condition on my left cheek which looked and felt bumpy. It was red and irritated, I looked like a monster. I have NEVER broken out so badly from ANY product. I sent a picture to my dermatologist aunt and she said that my skin looked very sensitive and the bumps were comedones. She said "if you have been using any new product recently, stop now". Before this point I was still blaming the breakout on many other possibilities and not this foundation because it is so raved about for being oil free and suitable for acne-prone skin. I did stop and guess what, the rash like condition dissipated immediately the next day after I swapped it for my previous foundation instead. Culprit found! I read from other reviewers that this contained linolene and linalool - pretty unhealthy ingredients for the sake of fragrance. I also found on the packaging it contains alcohol denat, best known for weakening the skin's barrier.

I'm going to be very frank that apart from the breakouts, i wasn't exactly blown away by this foundation. It is quite a regular, light to medium coverage foundation that's not so different from, say, bourjois healthy mix. There are tons of Korean foundations and bb cream that outperform this. Try Innisfree Longwear BB and VDL Perfect Last Foundation. Both have one or two questionable ingredients as i looked up on cosdna but they have never wreaked havoc on my skin like this one.

on 9/5/2017 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Flawless all day is words to describe. Its light coverage and stay 12 hours on my oily skin. I have spent huge amounts of expensive foundation because my skin is oily and acnes. This one makes it gorgeous. Highly recommended for perfect skin. But its quite pricey!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has a nice consistency and goes on the skin smoothly - almost like second skin except that it slightly clings to dry patches. But my biggest beef with this is that throughout the day, it becomes powdery and cakey on me, which is a big no-no. I really like the smell, though. And it didn't break me out when most products do.

on 8/23/2017 7:41:00 AM

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk no. 4 --> bought this a while ago at Singapore actually the sales person told me that I should take no.3 but I think that no.4 would matches my face really well . I really love the finish , skin- like ‘I swear I’m not wearing any foundation ‘ texture. And it lasts all darn day ( But if I use it in humid country like Indonesia in few hours it looks greasy but still looks nice on my face ). One main point is this foundation didn't look greyish and oily the way Missha BB cream do. ( But, Hey don't get me wrong I still love my Missha Signature Real Complete BB cream very much because it did not cause my face to breakout but if I didn't clean it throughly it will cause a few pimples on my face eventho I rarely got any pimple )