Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.0

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I blame Sephora.

Oh yes. I strolled innocently into Sephora during holiday sales hoping to pick up some goodies.

I knew nothing about this foundation but I saw a lady with a face of makeup perfection and I had to inquire. She, in a rush, told me "Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk" as she grabbed her shade quickly and headed to the growing line.

So, I swatched it; liked it; found my shade; picked it up to purchase; looked at the price tag.

Sucked all the breathe right out of my body for a split second.

I had to make some brief financial decisions. With a $60+ price tag, did I misread? Had I entered an alternate reality? Where exactly do they do that at?

I figured if I was ever going to try it, the time would be now--on sale, that is.

When I got home, I applied this $60+ so-called silk onto my face with a beautyblender. And....fireworks. Light bulbs. Balloons. Champagne. What is this party in a bottle?

It was the best no-makeup makeup foundation I had ever tried since the discontinued/original Make Up For Ever Face and Body foundation. I could wear full coverage makeup that was thinner than paper? As light as a feather? Goes on like butter? And...the perfect shade match? What is this?!

I breathed a sigh of relief. It was worth it. Happiness enveloped me. And it has not let me down years later.

It was quite easily the most no-fuss foundation I ever bought. And it looked even more beautiful after several hours of wear. I did not have to work with it, learn how to use it, and figure out how it works best. Ironically, luxury foundations can be the most difficult foundations to get right sometimes. For all the money you spend, you will often be scratching your head, wondering "no, this has to work" as you shake your head wondering why it's not working. It was one way from the beginning and has stayed consistent.

The only other no-fuss high-end foundations for me were Make Up For Ever original HD and original Face and Body (even the newer versions had me scratching my head).

All in all, I am thankful for that day.

on 2/23/2014 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I usually use MAC Match Master but thought I'd give this one a try because I heard great things about it. The packaging was okay but I just don't think this foundation is suitable for those with dark skin. To be honest on application it feels a little bit too runny which isn't great for those with oily skin. Once I had finished applying it, there was a strong red undertone to it and it just made my complexion look really dull, so quite far removed from luminous. Even if it cost 10 I still wouldn't buy it, especially as most of my friends said to stick with MAC as this product is just not flattering for darker skin tones.

Video Reviews & Tutorials