Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I'm scared to review this but here it goes...I'm not impressed. It is of incredible quality but has a finish that doesn't suit my face: Satin and soft focus powdery. A great one if your skin has that quality naturaly, like my mom and a few friends with the peach fuzz! On those it would settle in nicely. My skin has a shiny quality I like and this tones it down a lot. This is why I gave it this rating. I like that the shade range is varied (24 shades in a luxury brand AND in a great formula). They also provide information as to wether the color is warm, red(cool), or neutral. The 9.0 neutral was a good fit for me. It's fabulous on camera. Especially under stark lighting, which makes sense for it's popularity in Hollywood. It provides that powdery yet radiant finish that looks great under flash and classic clothing. I prefer Koh Gen Do Aqua for the luxe glow though.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really don't understand all the hype over this foundation. It has very little pigmentation and I didn't find it to be very buildable to increase the coverage. I'll stick with my Nars Sheer Glow, thanks.

on 2/12/2018 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I can see why this is a popular choice for many - nice formula texture glides on easily, looks dewy has nice sheen not heavy at all medium coverage but as I have oily skin not ideal for those with oily skin. Best for normal or dry skin types.
I prefer Power Fabric over this. However it's a great option for everyday work wear as not heavy and buildable coverage.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Considering how expensive and hyped up this product is, all I can say is, thank goodness I only got a sample of this. This foundation has me so confused. It feels like silk on the skin, yes. But as far as luminosity goes - this foundation makes my skin feel so dry and tight and emphasizes my pores. I don't feel like it gives me any glow to my skin and actually over the three days that I tested this foundation I had to generously apply and reapply Mac's Fix+ because my skin felt like a desert. The only good thing is that the shade match was quite good. I am an NC42 and shade 7.5 fits perfectly.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Lovely foundation, medium to full coverage yet feels lightweight on the skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Amazing foundation that actually applies and looks like it's name suggests. It applies seamlessly and silky, while imparting a luminous, natural glow. No shimmer. I've received numerous compliments on my skin overnight. I actually purchased this on a whim and I'm glad I did. It's one of those life's little moments :). This is my new holy grail.

buildable coverage, non-cakey look, feels light on the skin, non-oily/greasy. Essentially, everything anyone could ever want in a foundation.

on 11/30/2016 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My favorite foundation. Works well with my hard to match skin tone. Easily bendable, smooth finish. Gives a natural finish - not too dewy, not too matte. Just right. I use this in 7.5 and use the real techniques blender.

on 10/20/2016 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I quite like this foundation as it has a medium type of coverage and a nice soft finish. I have not had issues with it and it has not become cakey or melted. I wear it throughout the day and sometimes over 10 hours and so far so good. I wish it came with SPF though but it still works fine if you wear a moisturizer with sun protection.
The swatch range is better than a lot of "luxury" branded foundations and tanned to darker or deeper skin tones can find a match.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great finish on this foundation.

. It makes my dry skin appear dewy & fresh. The color match is great (I'm a Stila B & it's #2) & the scent is faint. I don't like the pump-you can't control the amount that comes out. And it is expensive.

Will most likely repurchase.

on 12/24/2015 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is great . It offers medium coverage, it's very light on the face and gives you a silk finish and glow. For me it works better during summer,but I use it on winter sometimes along with other foundations when I want fuller coverage.