Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

O my dam I love this foundation. I have dry skin and the finish of this product is so skin like and dewy. It doesn't settle into my pores at all.

The coverage of this foundation is light, but it has a blurring effect (to me). Concealer with this foundation is a must if you have dark spots, but I find that I use MUCH less makeup overall if I'm wearing this because the finish is just that good. I appy this with a brush because my beauty blender sheers it out so much and gives it unnecessary extra moisture, if that makes sense.

My only two gripes are the price ($64 USD for a little more than an ounce!) and the color selection. All of the shades lean pink/cool toned. Once you pass the beige/taupe/bisque category, there are HUGE jumps in shades from 9-13. 9 is like an NC40 while the next shade 10 is like NC45. I had to mix this with a yellower foundation i had to make it work, but I don't want to do that at this price point.

Overall, this product wears so beautifully but I can't stick with it because the color selection is too pink for my yellow undertones. Shame. :(

on 12/22/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

"I see!" said the blind man. God in every magazine, in every YouTube review, in all my life I have heard of this very foundation. I finally purchased it this summer. I tested it about 3 times for very important events and dear Lord have mercy on me! I was blind now I can see. It is exquisite! The way this lays on my buttery brown complexion? Nothing short of amazing. And this photographs so beautifully! I have several car selfies to commemorate the times I wore this. Medium coverage, does set to a luminous finish, makes you look like money! Does not exacerbate oil production either. This is a very well-executed product. I will certainly purchase again.

on 3/15/2016 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is my holy grail foundation. Despite the very expensive price, i would totally repurchase because its that good. It gives a nice luminous finish, looks great on camera, did not make me oily or show any dry patches, just great. It is not full coverage so it wont suit ladies who have blemishes or anything to cover really. I feel like this foundation is more suited for those with good skin, looking to make it look perfect.

on 8/27/2012 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love the way this foundation makes my skin look. I never thought another foundation would be able to compare with my NARS Sheer Matte, but ... Armani has got me doing a double take. My skin feels smooth and looms smooth too. My pores are minimized, the stAying power is "okay" but, I will overlook that because of the way my skin looks when wearing this foundation. My skin looks like "improved" skin... Not a mask. Once my sample is out, I'm going to Neimans and get a full bottle.

on 5/1/2012 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation. Flawless look when powdered with Ben Nye Banana powder or MAC Prep & Prime pressed powder (if I desire a matte finish). I own several foundations but reach for this more than any other, has buildable coverage.
I'm shade 10 (yellow undertones). I also wear Bobbi Brown 6.5, Mac Matchmaster 7.5.
I would rate five stars but, it's a little pricey and available mostly at high end deparment stores.

on 4/10/2012 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

@ Niro77, try shade number 10, that should work better for you. I mix shade 10 and 11.5 because I have 2 undertones -yellow and red. I have a picture here with #10, and a little dash of 11.5....hope this helps.

on 2/18/2012 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hi,
Im hoping someone can help me determine the correct shade for me as Ive had no luck trying to find it at a local store/dept here in Australia.
Im currently using MacNC45. Concealer NC50. So Im in between both of those shades.
After much research (if you can call it that), Im leaning towards Armani shade #9 for my skin.
I would love to hear from others who maybe close to my colour and what your thoughts are etc.
Im hesitant to order this foundation and find its the incorrect colour as its not cheap.
Look fwd to all your thoughts.
Thankyou.

on 11/22/2011 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Armani Silk Foundation is the most natural foundation I've ever used ( I am a #10). It blends perfectly with my skin creating a natural finish, however covers my imperfections (I don't have heavy blemishes so I don't know how the cover would work for others)
The only downside is that sometimes it is a bit too luminous and not what I use when I want a matte finish.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE this foundation, it feels like you are wearing NOTHING!
skin is flawless, unfortunately they do not have a HUGE choice of colours, but i was fortunate enough to find mine 9. no irritations, lasts a very long time. no breakouts. just gorgeous skin... with good lasting power!

on 10/7/2009 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Tried this at the makeup couter, it looked great when it was first put on but after a few hours... it was nothing more than a giant oil slick!. I'll pass on this one thanks