Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Olive age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

An absolute no-no on combination to dry skin. I bought this after reading all the raving reviews and I regretted it immediately. Upon putting it on (with a brush), it clung to my dry patches and after just one hour I looked like an oily mess, despite not having oily skin. I really wanted to like it and tried many other ways of applying it and different products underneath, but nothing worked. One of the worst foundations I have ever tried. Get a sample before committing!

I had been meaning to try this foundation for a while. After putting it on my skin, even as I was applying it, I immediately could tell a difference in the way my skin looked. Like many others have noted, it gives you a "second skin" appearance...almost like my skin had been air brushed. It was very flawless looking. I like that the packaging comes with a pump and the bottle itself is nice. Yes it's pricey but it is worth it. Luckily I did not experience any breaks outs, rashes or any issues that others had noted. This was totally worth the hype for me.

on 10/11/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Unforunately I wasn't a fan of this foundation, I could feel is sitting on top of my skin, the coverage was ok but not great and it didn't last very long either. I also don't like the fact that it has fragrance.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Oh, why is this soo expensive?? So, I can't comment on the packaging because I didn't actually buy this...I got a sample from Sephora, which by the way is IMPOSSIBLE because it seems only the stores in fancy, expensive parts of town carry this to sample. I got it in the Mall of Emirates in Dubai and it is worth the hype. The coverage, formula, consistency...everything is a freaking dream! It feels so good and I was so sad when I ran out.
I will say, despite all its virtues, it is still foundation and it is hella expensive. Unless this bad boy also cleared my skin and made my eyelashes as long as extensions...I couldn't justify the price. So for all my MUAers out there who have the money to spend, go for it!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is the first foundation that I have used that actually makes my skin look like skin. It photographs beautifully and just enhances your skin rather than make it look like you're wearing a mask.

I have dry skin with hyperpigmentation and this foundation makes my skin look dewy and not greasy. I can't give it a 5 start rating because some of my hyperpigmentation peaks through even after colour correcting and two coats of foundation.

Even though I have to use two different colours of this foundation to get my exact match, I still find it worth it to use this foundation. For shade reference, I am closest to NC42 at MAC, although MAC tends to run a bit yellow/orange on me. For luminous silk, I use 2 pumps 7.5 and a partial pump of 9 and it's an EXACT match for my skin colour. Lots of trial and error to get the perfect match to my neutral golden undertone.

I apply this on top of the Becca backlight primer and use a very damp Beauty Blender to apply. I set it with the Chanel loose powder in Gold (shade 3).

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really do not understand the hype surrounding this product, it is ok at best. It barely offers any coverage at all, it is sooooo light. Even when I tried building it up I could still see my skin underneath. I felt like I had nothing on. I understand that some people like the natural look which is fine, to each their own but If I'm shelling out $64 plus tax I expect more from the product. I'm not stingy at all with money when it comes to a quality product either but 64 is pricey for a foundation that really should be sold as a tinted moisturizer. Overall, It's not terrible but I would not recommend if you are looking for flawless coverage.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought 6.5 at bloomingway.com! They have the cheapest price for the GA! Here in Australia, it retails for 80aud ish . I got if for 60+. When i received it , i was so shaky and excited! Imagine i have been lemming this product since 2007! Omg! And now i had it , it's a perfect moment! Initially i thought it looked beigey because i applied it in the morning where the sun is so so bright but when i applied it at nightime, it's the perfect yellow olive shade that I always see online. So yeah i would use it more on the night. It's kinda weird hey. But trust me i have been studying foundations, undertones, colors for like 10years now because i hve been searching the perfect color! Ai love how it feels! It blends well. Yeah it doesnt give u the most matte finish like hourglass but it creates a beautiful look overall. I hate the smell , reminded me of fhe old Bobbi Brown oil free foundation that I abhored back in the days. Yes it is buildable, and it takes time to set. I can compare it to Loreal true match but the latter is weak in oil control . You must try it I promise! Im an nc40, olive in becca , cashew in EL DW. Give it a try!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Crap, i really hate to be part of the cult following this foundation but its hard not to when it truly works that well on you. i have olive/yellow skin making it sooo hard to find a good color match, right now im using 5.75 and i love it! everything about it (except of course the hefty price tag) the application, the finish (think satin with a glow where the light hits) it lasts about 6-7 hours on me with settng powder and it photographs amazingly<3 no breakouts either! skin doesnt feel dry or tight with it on.
its been my HG for a few years now and im always trying to find a cheaper alternitive but i have yet to find something this good! the raves are true, LS is amazing.

on 5/12/2015 12:23:00 PM

This is probably the closest match to my skin and having olive skin, its hard to find the perfect match. Yes it's pricey but I think its right to invest on the perfect base make up. Its smooth application and lightweight feel is one of the plus points. Its lasts long enough and best for everyday wear.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am one of those people who read reviews and don't write them, so this is my first review on anything.

I purchased this foundation as I had heard so many beauty gurus rave about it, and the selling point was the admin girl at my doctors surgery who had it on and raved about it.

In Australia this foundation retails for $91 so it is very expensive.

Unfortunately, I wanted to love this foundation but it just didn't work for me. I have oily skin. It has been summer here in Australia since I started using it about 6 weeks ago and I couldn't for the life of be figure out why i was having continuous breakouts on my forehead! All my pores were blocked and bumpy and then i was getting pimples. I clean my face and take my make up off as soon as I get home every day from work, i changed my cleanser, I ex-foliated, i changed my moisturiser and toner, and I was doing face marks and peels once a week to unclog my pores as I thought it was from sweat/hot weather (its been extremely humid here) plus i even gave up the gym for a week thinking it was sweat related, and nothing cleared it up. I had never broken out from a foundation before in my life so didn't think of this. But then I found a couple of reviews who said that they had broken out and that the foundation was high in silicone, and I clicked. I did find that my forehead was getting more oily with this foundation, i could put the back of my hand against my forehead in the afternoon and it was just oil pressing back onto my hand. It was horrible. I soon stopped it and went back to my Nars Sheer Glow and noticed when i would take this off when i got home my forehead was nowhere near as red and irritated. I actually ended up going to the dr to get a acne gel to unclog my bumpy forehead, it looked horrible. Was thinking of keeping the foundation for special occasions because it photographs beautifully but I don't think I will risk it, especially if its a hot day.

Have just had a tester of the Lancome Teint Mircale foundation and am liking that, so think I will purchase it.