Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 10/11/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Unforunately I wasn't a fan of this foundation, I could feel is sitting on top of my skin, the coverage was ok but not great and it didn't last very long either. I also don't like the fact that it has fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Good foundation, not one of my favorites but would purchase again! Texture is super lightweight, didn't exactly like it's coverage. I have oily skin, and had to powder my face once or twice a day.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Oh, why is this soo expensive?? So, I can't comment on the packaging because I didn't actually buy this...I got a sample from Sephora, which by the way is IMPOSSIBLE because it seems only the stores in fancy, expensive parts of town carry this to sample. I got it in the Mall of Emirates in Dubai and it is worth the hype. The coverage, formula, consistency...everything is a freaking dream! It feels so good and I was so sad when I ran out.
I will say, despite all its virtues, it is still foundation and it is hella expensive. Unless this bad boy also cleared my skin and made my eyelashes as long as extensions...I couldn't justify the price. So for all my MUAers out there who have the money to spend, go for it!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is the first foundation that I have used that actually makes my skin look like skin. It photographs beautifully and just enhances your skin rather than make it look like you're wearing a mask.

I have dry skin with hyperpigmentation and this foundation makes my skin look dewy and not greasy. I can't give it a 5 start rating because some of my hyperpigmentation peaks through even after colour correcting and two coats of foundation.

Even though I have to use two different colours of this foundation to get my exact match, I still find it worth it to use this foundation. For shade reference, I am closest to NC42 at MAC, although MAC tends to run a bit yellow/orange on me. For luminous silk, I use 2 pumps 7.5 and a partial pump of 9 and it's an EXACT match for my skin colour. Lots of trial and error to get the perfect match to my neutral golden undertone.

I apply this on top of the Becca backlight primer and use a very damp Beauty Blender to apply. I set it with the Chanel loose powder in Gold (shade 3).

on 2/4/2017 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Finally caved in and bought this, thank goodness I did... I love it so much! The only downside is that it's not really luminous, it dries almost matte? When swatched it's super dewy and luminous and just breath taking but the only disappointment is how matte it dries :( it seriously looks like your skin but even better my favorite foundation by far!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing foundation, but too expensive for me personally for frequent use. I have oily skin, and I was shocked to see that my skin could tolerate this foundation. It gives a light to build able coverage and their entire line has a great color selection. It gives an incredibly natural, dewy, finish and lasts most of the day. Would be my holy grail for everyday wear if it wasn't for the steep price.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really do not understand the hype surrounding this product, it is ok at best. It barely offers any coverage at all, it is sooooo light. Even when I tried building it up I could still see my skin underneath. I felt like I had nothing on. I understand that some people like the natural look which is fine, to each their own but If I'm shelling out $64 plus tax I expect more from the product. I'm not stingy at all with money when it comes to a quality product either but 64 is pricey for a foundation that really should be sold as a tinted moisturizer. Overall, It's not terrible but I would not recommend if you are looking for flawless coverage.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

It took me a looong time to figure out My color is 6.0 mixed with 5.75 looks even better. I am on the fence about buying two foundations as I plan to also purchase a custom blended foundation from a online company. For the very end of summer if I have a lot of color( tan), I can add a tiny droplet of shade 7.0 to 6.0 and it looks very nice and natural. Which matches pretty well. Its very luminous and dewy, but powder application can be tricky- shade match has no rhyme or reason to it. Im a Nc 42ish* in MAC , golden natural in BB, and nude in Becca/ olive in Becca during the late summer. Also stromboli in Nars illuminating long wear. To me this still has some red to it,after it drys down which js not good as i am a golden medium deep.Will probably purchase shades 6.0 and 5.75 this foundation is well made and looks good on me in direct sunlight as well as photos and holds up well in a regular day of errands and work activities.

on 9/22/2016 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT! I've been using this for 2 years and I've never used anything like it before! After all the hype from bloggers I gave in and bought the product. It's coverage is light, and literally feels like silk on your skin! I've never gone back to using any other foundation. I have combo to oily skin and this is just perfect for me, it's highly difficult to find a foundation which suits my combo skin days and highly oily days and this just does that. Defos worth the investment

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

After spending years trying to find the perfect foundation, going from Clinique to MAC to Urban Decay, Smashbox, Benefit, Bobbi Brown, Lancôme - You name it and I tried it, I FINALLY found the perfect foundation in the Georgio Armani Luminous Silk. I was recommended this foundation by my sister as I was struggling to find a colour that I felt truly matched my skin tone and one that didn't crack on my dry skin. The colour selection is INCREDIBLE, I use shade 3.5 and it is perfect. I've been using this foundation for nearly 2 years now and I would never go back to a different one. It is moisturising, easy to build or keep natural and it honestly makes your completion look flawless. I use it with the light reflecting primer by Armani and it is a combination created in heaven. These are the only products that I currently use from Armani but I love them. I recommend this foundation to everyone - if you want something that lasts both on your face and in the bottle, which both moisturises and makes your skin GLOW then this is the one for you. And for only £37 (not sure what in $$$$) then you should definitely try it. As a makeup artist I can tell you that this is the holy grail of the foundation world. 💋

If you want to see how this looks on my skin then my Instagram is @poppymooresmua (in almost every picture/video I'm using this foundation)