Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 6/24/2016 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love! Love! Love! This foundation is amazing. No SPF which means it will photographed well under any kind of light and even with flash photography! Skin looks luminous and not flat matte! Your skin looks healthy and beautiful with glow... Medium coverage and holds well on my skin. Highly recommended!!!

on 10/28/2013 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I like this foundation most of the time. Very nice on my skin in the fall/winter/early spring months. A tad too oily in summer. I live in Denver so need moisture due to lack of humidity that does help your skin not have so many lines. And at 61 I have a few lines but not too bad. My issue is finding a color in a foundation. I wear shade #5 in the Luminous Silk. If there is anyone out there who also wears this shade and has found another color/foundation I'd love to know what it is.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

B-E-A-utiful foundation! Beautiful natural coverage. Lets the skin glow underneath! I am a MUA, and I love using this on my brides and for editorial, because it looks flawless in photos. However, took off one lippie b/c is really pricey! I do a ton of applications and I am constantly buying this foundation, yikes!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation. It lives up to all the hype. It's not just in my head, I've received many compliments since I started using it and I actually see an improvement in my skin. The foundation's texture is lightweight and silky. It applies smoothly, blends well, and dries to a clean polished "luminous" finish. It is best applied with a foundation brush for even coverage. It can be used without primer and powder which helps justify the cost, however on special occassions I have used primer before and powder afterwards for extended flawless wear and it still feels like I have no make-up on. The only reason I give it a 4 rating is because of Giorgio Armani's limited colour range. I'm asian and have a tan/yellow-based complexion. MAC's NC42 was a close match. I ended up buying two GA bottles and blend #6 with #8 (one pump of each) for an exact match. #7 gave me a pink undertone. I know what you're thinking. Why would you spend $$$ on two bottles? After trying it, I loved the fact that it didn't feel like I had any make-up on and it lasted all day. I justified my purchase knowing that in the summer I could just change the ratios and use more of the #8 without having to buy another shade. I would highly recommend going to the Giorgio Armani counter for a colour match for 100% satisfaction. I hope this helps:)

on 11/3/2007 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this, but it didn't work for me. Due to an allergic reaction, the texture of my skin resembled an orange peel. The coverage was light, but you can build as you go. It left me a little oily as well. I liked the foundation brush that was used to apply it. It applied and blended the foundation seamlessly. It was rather pricey, I paid $110.00 for the foundation and matching powder. If you would like to try this, I suggest purchasing at Nordstroms. They have a great return policy. Wish this would have worked for me.

on 3/7/2006 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

At first, I really liked this foundation - it has a beautiful "glowy" finish and matched real well with my skin. However, if you have even slightly oily skin, you can forget about this foundation! By the time I got to work (about 45 mins. after putting on the foundation), my face was an oil slick! Sometimes that would happen within 30 minutes of putting it on. And, this was during the winter when it's not humid. Although I love the color and finish, it is too dewy for oily skin. I wanted to get the Matte Silk Foundation but they don't have a color that matches my skin. I went back to MAC's Studio Fix Foundation and am very happy!

on 1/27/2006 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Okay, I had to totally revise this review after realizing that you MUST use a brush to apply this foundation.

When I was using just my fingers, I had a very hard time getting it to blend evenly -- and if I used just a little too much, it would literally pool on my skin and stay wet, which was weird and annoying. I kept trying to work with it though because the color (#9) is a perfect match for my GGG skin and, most importantly, it doesn't break me out.

HOWEVER, for some reason, this morning, I remembered reading a review here that said it works well with the Armani foundation brush. I don't have one, but thought I'd give it a whirl with my Lancome brush and lo and behold ... what a huge difference. I can't believe what a flawless, natural finish I finally got, which is exactly what I wanted. Coverage is fairly sheer, but can be built up.

I'm more of the slap-it-on-and-go type, so the extra step of the brush is a bit annoying. Not sure I'd use it every day, but it's great for when I want a truly flawless, luminous look.

continued >>