Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Tan age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely love this foundation - perfect for people who love a lightweight, natural complexion.

I feel like it blends well and doesn't settle into my pours. Longevity is not so great but wears pretty nicely throughout my work day. Will definitely re-purchase. Currently have 3 different colours so I can mix my shades for when I fake tan.

on 11/29/2017 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I don't like liquid make up because most break me out, look cakey or turns orange. This product does non of that. I don't wear a lot, I apply with a sponge, dries quick and then I set with powder over it. Keeps my nose and forehead non greasy all day!

on 9/5/2017 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Flawless all day is words to describe. Its light coverage and stay 12 hours on my oily skin. I have spent huge amounts of expensive foundation because my skin is oily and acnes. This one makes it gorgeous. Highly recommended for perfect skin. But its quite pricey!

on 3/8/2014 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

THE FORMULA:
Firstly, this is a good pick for DRY SKIN, not recommended for oily skin whatsoever. LIGHT MEDIUM to BUILDABLE coverage. This foundation is runny, but not so runny that it becomes difficult to apply. It is water based so it does not have an emollient like consistecy, however it is good for dry skin. LOOKS BEAUTIFULLY LUMINOUS WHEN FIRST APPLIED. I was going through a period of very dry flakey skin when I purchased this foundation to wear at my sisters wedding. It applied very well without catching onto the dry patches, but I did apply a very rich night cream the day before the wedding to ensure that my makeup does not cling to my dry skin. Overall the formula is GOOD but at $90 Australian Dollars I had expected it to be faultless.

THE COLOR RANGE:
Giorgio Armani uses a very odd numbering system (4, 5, 5.75, 6, 6.5, 7 ect) and is very confusing because the numbers do not necessary indicate the darkness of the shades in ascending order. I found shade 5 to be darker than shade 6. There is also no particular order for undertones. For instances, 5 is pink, 6 is yellow, 6.5 is reddish, 7 is pink. It is best to head to the counter and get a professional colormatch. Mine was spot on, I am SHADE 6.5 and for reference I wear STROMBOLI in Nars Sheer Glow NC35-40 in Mac Studio Tech and TAWNY in Estee Lauder Double Wear.

APPLICATION:
I applied this with a BEAUTYBLENDER. Because I have dry skin this was the best option for me. Ideally it should be buffed into the skin with a Kabuki if your skin can tolerate it. I would not recommend applying this with your fingers simply because this will result in a very sheer application.

STAYING POWER:
This foundation is definitely not long wearing. It will start to fade in the T-zone and breakdown after 5 HOURS MAX

THE VERDICT:
I will not buy this again mainly due to poor staying power and $90 AUD price tag!!!!

Check out my blog for more info and pics: http://arwaselixir.blogspot.com.au/

on 2/21/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I love this foundation. It doesn't break me out, I got an almost perfect match to my tan-brown skin, it does not oxidize, it blends superbly, and a little goes a long way. I have combo skin but I still like matte-dewy mix foundations... and this gives me just that for the first few hours, after which I start to get shiny in my t zone... nothing a little blotting won't solve. I wear it on all my makeup tutorials on youtube so check it out if you wanna see it in action :)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I managed to get a sample of this from the Armani counter where I was matched with shade 7 Tan. FYI I am NC42, Chanel B60, Revlon Colourstay Natural Tan, NARS Barcelona. I find the colour match to be decent but shade 7 runs a little pink compared to the other foundations that I have. I top it with a light dusting of a yellow toned powder which corrects the shade and sets the foundation

I put a few drops onto the back of my hand, dot it on my face then work it in with a Sigma F80 flat top kabuki brush. This leaves a nice, smooth finish and as promised, a beautiful luminous glow which other foundations lack. The coverage is medium but buildable.

My only problem with it is the lasting power. With a primer, I notice my pores starting to show at the 4-6 hour mark. Without it, I only get to mid morning before I have to touch up. A shame really considering how beautiful it is when first applied. My skin is reasonably oily but by comparison, the normal/dry formulation of the Revlon Colourstay lasts all day without requiring touch ups
I've tried the Lasting silk which is heavier, a little more cakey and has the same lasting power as the Luminous silk.

It's expensive at AU$90. While I am using the sample, I'm enjoying it but for the price and the average lasting power, I don't think I'll purchase the full size.

on 8/15/2012 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm on my 2nd bottle and I love lo e this foundation. It's a light to medium coverage but is buildable I have used other Giorgio Armani foundations and there great as well but this is the hg for me love u Giorgio Armani

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I was hoping good things with this foundation. The first time I wore it, I looked flawless. Then I noticed I broke out in pimples from it all on my forehead. Second time wearing it looked dull and no dewy texture.

All i can say is if you have sensitive skin stay clear as it will cause breakouts .

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I loooove this color. I finished an entire bottle and decided to shop around for new foundations. Well I did a full circle and I'm back!!!! I wear color 9 incase inquiring minds wanted to know. This color sinks right into my skin effortlessly. I used them all. Mac..Estee lauder. Mufe.benefit. Smashbox. Bobbi Brown etc.. Im finishing up a bottle of Nars which I still like but I love how Armani looks on me better. It gives me a dewy flawless complexion and never cakey.

on 11/30/2011 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am super picky when it comes to anything I put on my face, this product was introduced by a friend and it is THE BEST foundation I've ever used!! It does not make ur face shiny ever after a whole day, it looks very natural and yet with very good coverage.