Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 9/5/2017 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Flawless all day is words to describe. Its light coverage and stay 12 hours on my oily skin. I have spent huge amounts of expensive foundation because my skin is oily and acnes. This one makes it gorgeous. Highly recommended for perfect skin. But its quite pricey!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Ok. Most over rated foundation ever. I dont get how people like this - it breaks on my skin like no other foundation I have ever used. Maybe it needs a ton of skin prep - which i have no time for. For the price, I dont believe this delivers any value - except the fact that it looks amazing in pictures. Maybe it has some good light reflecting properties - but when u see it face to face, its a weird cakey look. What a disappointment !

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Not a lot of coverage but it is so easy to apply and just smooths onto skin. It somewhat reduces the appearance of uneven texture on skin like craters or what not and from afar it looks like your skin is glowing, and by that I don't mean dewy or whatever. I mean as if you had a bunch of vegetables and eight glasses of water and actually got enough sleep kind of glow. It doesn't look like your wearing foundation at all, even my overly critical sister couldn't tell when I asked her how my foundation looked.

Only downsides is the price, and the fact it's not available at my local Sephora, so I have to make a special trip to the one that's three hours away if I need a new bottle.

Also this somewhat reminds me of the Nars all day luminous in regards to the initial finish when you apply it and it's funny cause that one is my all time HG favorite alongside this.

I wish they offered this in a smaller bottle with a nicer price tag so it wouldn't be so hard to fork out the money for this. I have to save up for this for weeks before I can get it it's that expensive here in Canada. (I'm still a student too).

The longevity seems pretty good but I'm going to try it out in the heat tomorrow hopefully.

on 3/10/2017 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry, acne prone skin with some hyperpigmentation. I've been using this for the last 2 years.

PROS:
- really amazing for dry skin. I've never had a problem with flaking or my skin feeling too tight or cakey. Even on those days where I was too lazy to prep my face correctly, this foundation was really reliable.

- when I don't have an active breakout, one pump is enough to cover dark spots as long as I used a brush instead of a beauty blender. I got the best result when I used my finger to lightly spread it over my face, left it to sit for a minute while I did my eyeliner, and then blended it in with the brush.
- Really natural finish. It looks like you don't have anything on at all. But still still really good for nights out and heavy makeup looks.

CONS:
- Not ideal for when you have a breakout. Does not cover redness well so you need 2 pumps. And the soft dewy finish was detrimental because it made light reflect off the bumps.

- The price....very high. I would repurchase this in a second if it was in the 50 dollar range but there are so many good foundations in the world. I'll look around some before I come back to this one.

I would definitely repurchase this to use at special occasions, but I'm not sure if it's worth it as an everyday foundation.

on 3/4/2017 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know how I feel about this. From the name I thought I was going to have a glow but this seems pretty matte but not to the point where it looks dry. It is fairly funny and does set in nicely into the skin with a beauty blender. It is not hydrating but not drying. This does need a primer underneath or it tends to look caked near areas with pores. It lasts pretty well even without setting powder but I don't think this is worth the price. It also has a lovely fragrance that isn't overwhelming and makes it smell like an expensive product. I would have given this five stars out of ten if it weren't for the price.

on 1/9/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

PROS:
-Does not contain ingredients that personally break me out (I'm very sensitive to butylene glycol and pentylene glycol and these two ingredients are commonly used in liquid makeup)
-An amazing "mixer" into other foundations. If you have finicky foundations, especially super matte ones or ones that cling to dry patches, try mixing it with Armani LS! I don't wear this foundation on long 15+ hour days (haven't found a setting spray that works for me yet but Ben Nye Final Seal worked the best for me so far) but I LOVE to mix this foundation with others. I've tried mixing it with Guerlain Lingerie de Peau (my favorite combination so far), EL Double Wear, and Lancome Teint Idole. In general, everyone should try, at least once, mixing dewy foundations with satin/matte foundations - just make sure you are not mixing silicone-based foundations with water-based foundations.
-No SPF so it's great for flash photography provided that you use a setting powder without silica or titanium oxide
-I have dry/normal skin with a nose that tends to get really oily. My favorite primer for this foundation has been the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. Hourglass Mineral Veil + Armani LS = a beautiful satin, flawless finish. However, I do not have huge pores so I can't vouch for the Hourglass Mineral Veil and Armani LS combination to be pore blurring or pore filling. If you have really dry skin, I recommend the Hourglass n28 Serum Primer! It was super hydrating and a provided a great base for Armani LS, especially if you have dry patches.
-I am NC42 and have been matched, not that perfectly, to CoverFX foundation in G60 (closest match), EL Double Wear in Spiced Sand, Lancome Teint Idole in 420 Bisque N (a bit ashy looking), and Hourglass Veil Fluid foundation in Beige (bit too light for me) and wear the Armani foundation in 6.25.
-Comes with a pump. I typically use 2 pumps for my face.
-Very buildable. I found that building it in light layers made the foundation last longer.
-It's a liquidy foundation. But I personally don't like creamy/mousey feeling foundations.
-Applies beautifully with a beauty blender. I receive so many compliments after switching to a beauty blender.
-Lasts 6 hours without primer and powder. Lasts 8+ hours with Hourglass Mineral Veil and setting powder. I haven't found a HG setting powder yet but I have used Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre in Dore which was perfect for when I was super oily, and needed a wee bit more coverage (the powder is tinted), during the summertime but now it's winter and I find it too drying. I may check out the By Terry Hyaluronic Powder or the Urban Decay setting powder next.
-I wanted to edit my review to add that I love this foundation because I can wear it when I'm super dry during the winter and when I'm more oily during the summer! It doesn't make my skin drier and it can tolerate my skin when I'm at my oiliest (it just doesn't last as long when I'm oily but I'm fine with that).

CONS:
-Not as long lasting compared to other foundations such as Estee Lauder Double Wear or Lancome Teint Idole (However, doing the Goss method of loose powder after moisturizer/primer but before foundation helped increased the longevity)
-I found that UD All Nighter oxidized Armani LS really quickly (within an hour, I was orange!)
-The price but I don't mind it - this is one of the few foundations that does not break me out
-Shade range is a bit awkwardly numbered and makes it difficult to figure out your shade if you're checking it out at Sephora. There isn't a pattern to the numbers. I advise to go on Armani's website and look at their shade descriptions!

on 11/20/2016 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I tried this foundation yesterday for a night out and its extremely full coverage. It held up throughout a night of dancing and drinking and still looked good when I got home. The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because of the color range. The closest color I could find to match my skin tone was 7.5 (I'm NC40 in MAC) and it looked a little orange when I put it on. Also, I believe there is a gray tint to it. When I asked my daughter if the color matched me, she responded by telling me it looked gray. Then, when I saw the pictures from the night I wore this foundation, I understood what she was talking about. While everyone else's faces looked bright, mine had a dull, gray tint to it. For this reason, although this is a great foundation, I will not be buying it again unless they come out with a wider selection of colors.

on 8/18/2016 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

When I first purchased this I was not immediately impressed and would have given it a 2. It's not a summer foundation for everyone, it works better if lightly powdered. Now that the major heat has passed I'm in love and plan to purchase the powder version. I've had it for 2 months and just now loving it so perhaps i/we shouldn't throw products in the useless bin so quickly I hung on to this because of the price tag.

on 6/24/2016 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love! Love! Love! This foundation is amazing. No SPF which means it will photographed well under any kind of light and even with flash photography! Skin looks luminous and not flat matte! Your skin looks healthy and beautiful with glow... Medium coverage and holds well on my skin. Highly recommended!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really like the shade 0. I could literally just wear that alone and would look great.

It doesn't have a ton of coverage so in my opinion its important to pair it with a complimenting product.

When I wear it, my skin looks natural and fresh. I have gotten a ton of compliments. I only have some redness to take care of, so I don't know how it would work for those who need a lot of coverage.

My skin being pale, I wish they had an even more pale shade but I love this product regardless. I recommend mixing with EL.