Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 8/5/2018 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

s a 45 + woman of color, I was delighted to find this foundation. I use No 13. The foundation is AMAZING. I love the texture. It is silky and very light but it is buildable. I actually apply it with my fingers and the amazing thing is that once I have rubbed it in a circular motion on my face, my fingers are barely stained! I also love the feel because I do not feel like I am wearing a mask. It really does feel like second skin. I absolutely love the flawless finish. This is for someone who wants to look flawless and natural. I have recently bought the Armani bronze finish powder which I apply lightly to the cheekbones and bridge of the nose for a natural glowing look. I must say that although it is pricey, I use a very small amount. I can finally say adieu to MAC NW50 and welcome to my Armani Luminous Silk Foundation 13. May you live forever!

on 6/29/2018 12:12:00 PM

This foundation looks really pretty when first applied. It is amazingly lightweight and gives an airbrushed look. But fast forward about 4 hours and it's break up or disappearing on my oily skin. If I only need my skin to look good for a certain number of hours it's great, but it's not a workhorse all day formula, at least for me.

Eyes: Violet

Product: 6/10
Colour: 4/10 Not the best shade range
Blendability: 8/10
Coverage: Medium, slightly build-able
Finish: Demi Mate
Price: 3/10
Packaging 10/10

I really wanted to like this product because everyone absolutely raves about it but it was NOT for my skin. This is my review for dry skin, slightly acne prone slightly texture skin.

The colour on my skin was wack, I have light skin with rosy undertones but this looked like white out on my face.The next shade with my proper undertone was for medium skin.

Foundation blends pretty good but come on its medium coverage, how thick can it be if its mostly water, alcohol denant and cyclopentasiloxane

Coverage was disappointing if im using a 70$ foundation i want it to cover at least some of my redness and dont want to have to use multiple layers.

The finish is what threw me for the biggest loop, i know some brand like Nars will have foundation names that suggest quite dewy but are more mate or satin but this was medium coverage marketed as luminous so i thought it would have a bit more of a wet look. nope looked quite powdery and drying on the skin

Price is expected for a prestige brand but the value isn't there because of the need to build.
The packaging is vanity candy though,it just says i'm boujee

Overall i'm disappointed and quite surprised because of all the hype, would probably work best for someone who uses a brush for their foundation ( I used hands and brush and brush looks best ) I'd be wary to us with a sponge because its watery and again this is $70 foundation that needs to be build a bit so you'd want all the coverage you can get. I'd suggest this for someone with more normalized oil levels which already has quite smooth skin and little acne and discoloration. The BEST way i got this to work is by mixing some facial oil in to counteract the mattifying effect, spot conceal redness and imperfections with a concealer either before or after and stipple on a layer concentrating on center of face.

on 4/10/2018 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have normal skin, fine lines and some freckles and this provides good coverage without looking heavy or cakey. It doesn’t settle into fine lines and has a smooth I’m an nc15-20 with neutral-warm undertones and I purchased no 4 which I reckon is nc20. I’ll attach a pic of swatches. It is very similar in colour to the Tarte Shape Tape hydrating foundation in fair-light neutral and the Bobbi Brown foundations in shade 2 Sand. Finish is not luminous or glowy - just a satin with no apparent oxidization. Doesn’t have any fragrance which is nice.

I quite like the coverage and finish but I don’t think this is worth AUD$100 a bottle. I would still repurchase though.

Ironically I bought a bottle of this years ago in the other style packaging. The GA sales assistant at David Jones wrongly matched me to a 5.5 (like what was she thinking?!) . Even considering it was too dark , I was an oil slick after a couple of hours and needed to blot frequently. I ended up giving it away. Back then I was a dry skin type so not sure if this attributed to the poor outcome but I’m glad I repurchased and gave it another go.

on 3/10/2018 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

For years I have been watching youtube videos reviewing this foundation. I finally caved and bought it. I really wanted not to like it since it is pricey. But I love it! It blends so nice and looks great on my skin. I have dry skin in the winter and oily in the summer. I am a bit oily with this though but I still love it.

on 2/1/2018 1:06:00 AM

Bought into the hype around this and I’m glad I did. It gives a lovely natural look (esp if applied with a beauty blender) and is worth the price as it lasts ages. It also seems to have a large array of shades.

on 1/24/2018 5:20:00 PM

I had been bought this foundation as it been recommended and read good reviews. I was so excited to try it. Initially I thought the color match was ok maybe a little to light I went for 4 light sand my mum thought it looked great although she hasn’t got great eyesight. When I looked in the mirror it stuck to every pore I seen pores I that I never even noticed before. It clung to dry patches and was patchy. Really disappointed my quest for my perfect foundation goes on.

on 12/31/2017 9:22:00 AM

Awful, I really wanted to love this and I even went so far as to checking my technique with the sales lady again and youtube videos.

Thin watery foundation with a lovely glow to it, beautifully packaged. Does not work with a beauty blender as too watery and product just doesn’t hit the skin so you must use a brush.

The result: patchy uneven skin, always wears off on the nose first. Wore it to work and thought I did a good job, everyone kept saying how tired I looked. Coverage is so poor and the more you use the more your pores become emphasised.

I wanted to love this and and I don’t disagree with any of the positive reviews here as skin type differs we all suit different things, but I’m very surprised they aren’t more negative reviews.

It’s over hyped and you need good skin for this foundation. If you go to the counter ask them to do a full face or even get your own sample, do not purchase based on a patch test at the counter.

I don’t even believe Kim k even wears this as her skin is flawless.

on 10/19/2017 1:50:00 PM

Oh I'm going to add to what so many have already said. I too had such high hopes for this Foundation. The foundation does what it says which is that it Glides on smoothly, buildable coverage with a luminous glow. My complexion with this makeup looked absolutely stunning. I was just so amazed, even in the Sun! But that is where my love affair ended. Like others, I had a reaction. My face started itching at the end of the day to the point where I ran home to take the makeup off. With everyone else's reviews on breakouts and reactions to this Foundation, there was no way I was going to try it for another day as my skin just cleared up from a bad hormonal Breakout.

on 10/17/2017 2:13:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this foundation after reading/watching hundreds of reviews but... this was one of my biggest disappointments in makeup purchases in general. Leaving aside the fact that it's so pricey, I could never imagine my skin reacting to any makeup product the way it did with this foundation. Although I have fairly normal/combination skin, which is not sensitive to any makeup and doesn't break out, this foundation caused so much problems for my skin:( although it promises luminous skin look and supposedly works great on most skin types, it looked so dry in places, clinging to my skin, mostly forehead, looking patchy and uneven. I'm neutral undertone and I found 4.5 shade to be too yellow, in general hard to get the right shade for fair neutral skin tone. I would be happy with the coverage it gives as I never look for full coverage in foundation, however there's something in its formula that's absolutely not working on my skin. I started feeling really itchy almost immediately after applying it and by the end of the day, my face was covered in rash, which I never ever had from any other makeup product. I decided to give it another go after my skin completely cleared out, prepping as normally would with any other foundation and unfortunately got the same reaction. Oh well, going back to my holy grail Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Foundation.