Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.7

on 8/19/2017 12:51:00 PM

Another hyped up product that didn't wow me. It's a decent light coverage foundation with a good shade range for light to medium skin tones. But for the really hefty price tag it's not worth it. It has quite light coverage with a dewy finish that doesn't last very long on my normal to combo skin and I get shiny super quickly even tho I rarely have that issue with other foundations. I can't really understand why it's a staple for so many people including makeup artists. But I can imagine if you have super flawless skin and just want to a light veil of foundation it works.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG foundation. I have oily acne prone skin. This does not cause me to break out. I apply this first with a flat top brush then i smooth it out with a beauty blender. I get nothing but compliments on how good my skin looks.

UPDATE: this caused my skin to get cystic acne.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Not a lot of coverage but it is so easy to apply and just smooths onto skin. It somewhat reduces the appearance of uneven texture on skin like craters or what not and from afar it looks like your skin is glowing, and by that I don't mean dewy or whatever. I mean as if you had a bunch of vegetables and eight glasses of water and actually got enough sleep kind of glow. It doesn't look like your wearing foundation at all, even my overly critical sister couldn't tell when I asked her how my foundation looked.

Only downsides is the price, and the fact it's not available at my local Sephora, so I have to make a special trip to the one that's three hours away if I need a new bottle.

Also this somewhat reminds me of the Nars all day luminous in regards to the initial finish when you apply it and it's funny cause that one is my all time HG favorite alongside this.

I wish they offered this in a smaller bottle with a nicer price tag so it wouldn't be so hard to fork out the money for this. I have to save up for this for weeks before I can get it it's that expensive here in Canada. (I'm still a student too).

The longevity seems pretty good but I'm going to try it out in the heat tomorrow hopefully.

I don't understand the hype over this foundation. It makes my well-cared-for, moisturized, exfoliated skin look like the Sahara desert while simultaneously turning my normal-to-moderately-oily T-zone into an oil slick. Amazing.

It emphasizes every fine line, dry patch, and pore on my face. And I cannot, for the life of me, find a shade that matches me (and I am what I consider a fairly common fair/light Caucasion skin tone). It very much looks like makeup no matter how sheerly I have attempted to apply it...I have also tried it over multiple different primers with no significant change in performance. Not once, not twice, but THREE times I have given this a try and I have ended up returning the product to Sephora each time (thank goodness for their great return policy). I'm done with this. It's great that it works out as HG status for so many, but GA has somehow gone very far afield from what works for my skin.

I have a long history with this product. First time i bought the shade was way too dark for me. I had to mix it in with other foundations.I liked it anyway. Now that i have the right shade (5) i fell in love. It looks gorgeous. Blends with the skin, creating naturall slightly powdery finish. The key is finding your shade. I also love how it wears. When set with powder, it lasts about 8 houra. As hours go by it blends into the skin even better. It makes me look like I'm wearing nothing at all while hiding all the imperfections.

natural finish
light
last well after setting
price
scented

on 3/18/2017 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is by far the best foundation I have used, alongside with Urban Decay Naked Skin (and the discontinued Bourjois 123 Foudnation).

I have it in shades 3.0, which is my transitional shade (nc25) and 2.0, which is my winter shade (between nc15 and nc20).

The shade 2.0 is a perfect neutral shade, slightly yellow (not a beige).

The foundation works very Well on My dehydrated oily skin.

I prep my skin with a light moisturizer (Caudalie sorbet, the light pink tube). I apply the foundation with a moist sponge (Real Techniques works better than Beauty Blender - quite a mistery, really). Using a buffing brush gives a similar outcome, but the sponge is definitely a better option. That way, the pores are better covered.

When I apply the foundation, my skin looks really perfect and even.

On top I put Hourglass compact powder, but it doesn't make a difference - whichever powder is on top, it looks natural and soft (Mac loose setting powder, Guerlain Perls in Medium).

The foundation lasts really long. I tested it on all weather conditions, and there is only a difference with my oiliness but despite, the foundation sits well. I get 8 hours without retouching. By 12 hours, the foundation slightly sinks into pores, but still looks good and wearable.

I highly recommend both of the foundations!

The match is on point, the foundation is longwearing, doesn't dry my skin out and doesn't make my skin oilier than usual. It's the best I came across.

Mac Prolongwear nc20 - slightly too orange
Estée Lauder DW 1w2 - slightly too orange
Burberry Velvet Ochre - slightly darker
Lancôme 24 Idole Beige Albatre - slightly darker and too orange (match with first two above)

Urban Decay 2.0 Naked
Bourjois 123 foundation 52
Giorgio Armani Luminous 2.0

I hated this so much.Its such a strange consistency, watery and greasy at the same time!I found that it looked streaky whether I applied it with a brush,sponge or fingers and set in a really uneven way.I prefer a light to medium coverage and found myself having to use 4 or 5 pumps to cover my face.I gave it to a friend who also hated it.Really disappointed, it was so hyped and SO expensive.Extra disappointing because I really liked Maestro.Absolutely terrible.

on 1/17/2017 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My HG foundation. I have normal/dry skin, and this compliments my skintype and tone so well. I'm NC20 (but a bit more olive-toned than super yellow), and I use 4.0 in LS, which is a really good match.
The finish is not dewy as the name might lead you to believe, but its more of a satin-y finish which I prefer for most days. If I want a more dewy and glowy finish I mix it with MAC strobe cream and have no issues with it.
It last for about 9-10 hours on my skin, and it photographs beautifully! So this is a good foundation for a long evening event where you need to look flawless.
The coverage is medium, an can be build up to almost full coverage. I wouldn't recommend doing that though, it just doesn't look as good as it can.
I use a beauty blender with great results or a flat top kabuki brush for at bit more coverage. I don't think it applies well with fingers, but I guess thats a personal preference.

on 12/10/2016 7:04:00 PM

Being a Rimmel 24 hour stay foundation girl, I thought I'd splash out on an expensive foundation for my birthday!

I must admit, I'd always leaned towards a thicker foundation in the vain hopes it would stay on longer and give my blotchy skin an even finish. So using Armani Luminous Silk was a big leap for me (and my bank balance).

I was matched by the kindly gentleman on the Armani counter as a 5 (and a 5.5 once I've fake tanned). The shades match perfectly as I'm naturally pale with pinkish undertones.

The foundation itself smells beautiful and does feel silky because it has the consistency of a lotion rather than a cream. It's so easy to apply and a little goes a long way, which I feel is a nice new grown up mantra for me - rather than "slap it on, the more the better"!

The coverage, for me, is excellent but can be quite sheer around problem areas, like around my nose, and the classic "I have a 1 year old" eye bags but it's buildable. I feel it gives me a glow, but by no means does it give me a "dewy" look, I just feel a little more enhanced (for want of a better phrase) when I wear it.

It's a beautiful light foundation which doesn't give you that cakey feeling once you've applied. In other foundations I've used, I've found I could feel the residue on my hands if I touched my face. Or residue on my phone (!!) I work in an office and spend large parts of my day on the phone, it's nice to see, while using Armani that I haven't left half my face on the phone receiver. It also definitely lasts longer than previous foundations I've worn, as my dear fiancée has commented that I'm still wearing make up once I've finished a day at work!

My only issue with this foundation (after bottle number 3 and having the same problem with all) is that the pump gives up too quickly! So you find yourself thinking you're running out while you've still got over half the bottle left. That aside though, I'd definitely recommend purchasing this product!!

on 11/11/2016 11:58:00 AM

I went to the makeup counter and the lady colour matched 4.25 to my skin colour and gave me a sample to try at home. I have just finished a Chanel foundation which is good but wanted to test the market. I love this foundation it gives medium coverage without been cakey and immediately my skin looked glowing with no imperfections, I didn't even need any powder. I really like this foundation and wont be trying out any others, Iam definitely going to purchase this foundation, although its pricey it is worth every penny to have my skin looking so good 👍🏻