Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my alltime holygrail foundation, and the ONLY FOUNDATION I use. The lightest shade (2) is my exact colour match and I havnt been able to find a single other foundation that matches this shade. I have bought over 15 bottles and will continue until it's discontinued(hopefully never). Its around 72 CAD which sucks but I cant give it up. I'm constantly getting compliments from people about how good my skin looks and always getting questions about what foundation I wear. I always recommend this foundation to others.

on 4/5/2018 11:13:00 AM

I have had this foundation for over a year.
I love it. I use it then get bored and try other foundations but I always come back to this one.
For me it's perfect.
It lasts all day with good primer and setting spray.
It's a light - medium coverage which is all I want.
It's expensive but worth it.
I'm not a fan of glass bottles as they tend to fall out of my cabinet into my sink and smash plus it's hard to get every drop out with glass.
But I will keep buying and I need to learn there is no better foundation out there.

on 3/30/2018 5:17:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation! I have dry-combination skin and rosacea, and therefore a lot of redness to cover up + bumps and flakiness. After I started using Soolantra the texture of my skin has improved immensely, and I also use a lot of skincare to tackle dehydration which has helped give me a better base.

This foundation goes on so smoothly, gives you a lot of time to work it in before it sets and gives a beautiful finish. I work it in in several thin layers and spend a lot of time blending and pressing it in with a beauty blender, which I find gives the most skinlike finish. I go over my cheeks, chin and center of my forehead until I have the coverage that I need and it never goes cakey. You can build it up to medium+ coverage. The t-zone gets oily throughout the day with this one, but that is not a big concern for me with all my other skin problems, and I find that you can blot and powder through the day without ruining the look.

I also like to mix this with Armani maestro glow on drier days which gives a dewier finish, and I mix in a drop of Face atelier´s white foundation during winter time. I´m in the shade 2 which is fair neutral, but I find that it leans a bit yellow. Might try to mix with the shade 4.75 to get a cooler and bit darker shade for the summer months.

All in all, I find that this works well for my dehydrated textured skin and gives a great amount of coverage if you work with it a bit.

Beautiful foundation. It has a satin finish and the coverage is medium. You can build it up a bit. I apply it with a damp beauty sponge and set with a bit of MAC mineralize skin finish natural. I have dry skin with a moderate but stubborn en acne and it does not cover it all, but it does not accentuate the bumps under the skin either. Im something around NC20, quote pale and yellowish/greenish (damn that doesn’t sound good, ha) and the shade 4.0 matched me like a dream! Ist quite expensive though. That’s why had to deduct one star.

on 3/2/2018 2:35:00 AM

A very good foundation that has an exceptionally skin-like finish.
Colour range is superb and makes it easy to select the correct match for everyone and for every season.

The formula’s success lays in its genuine simplicity really. And this is what makes this foundation so versatile too.
It is basically a blend of a volatile silicone oil and a hydrocarbon along with glycerin as humectant and some added powders to have a more elegant finish. It does contain some fragrance ingredients.

It is a pity that it does not contain some environmental-protective actives or anti-inflammatories to make it even better and “justify the price”.
However, excluding the ingredients (actives) that are totally unnecessary for the formula, makes it also suitable for all, even for a very sensitive skin-type.
People that use the LRP Cicaplast Balm will have surely made the connection that this foundation indeed feels very much like the Balm, just lighter. (the structural formula of both of these products are very similar indeed.)

Ingredients: Aqua / Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tristearin, Cellulose Gum, Nylon-12, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Diphenyl Dimethicone Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum / Fragrance, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hexyl Cinnamal [ /- May Contain CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / Iron Oxides CI 77007 / Ultramarines Mica

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely love this foundation - perfect for people who love a lightweight, natural complexion.

I feel like it blends well and doesn't settle into my pours. Longevity is not so great but wears pretty nicely throughout my work day. Will definitely re-purchase. Currently have 3 different colours so I can mix my shades for when I fake tan.

on 12/2/2017 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The best foundation I’ve ever tried. It’s the one foundation I always go back to and leaves a very natural, non cakey finish. Luminous silk isn’t a full coverage foundation, I’d say it’s medium coverage but leaves a beautiful slightly dewy finish. Definitely will repurchase

on 8/19/2017 12:51:00 PM

Another hyped up product that didn't wow me. It's a decent light coverage foundation with a good shade range for light to medium skin tones. But for the really hefty price tag it's not worth it. It has quite light coverage with a dewy finish that doesn't last very long on my normal to combo skin and I get shiny super quickly even tho I rarely have that issue with other foundations. I can't really understand why it's a staple for so many people including makeup artists. But I can imagine if you have super flawless skin and just want to a light veil of foundation it works.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HG foundation. I have oily acne prone skin. This does not cause me to break out. I apply this first with a flat top brush then i smooth it out with a beauty blender. I get nothing but compliments on how good my skin looks.

UPDATE: this caused my skin to get cystic acne.

I don't understand the hype over this foundation. It makes my well-cared-for, moisturized, exfoliated skin look like the Sahara desert while simultaneously turning my normal-to-moderately-oily T-zone into an oil slick. Amazing.

It emphasizes every fine line, dry patch, and pore on my face. And I cannot, for the life of me, find a shade that matches me (and I am what I consider a fairly common fair/light Caucasion skin tone). It very much looks like makeup no matter how sheerly I have attempted to apply it...I have also tried it over multiple different primers with no significant change in performance. Not once, not twice, but THREE times I have given this a try and I have ended up returning the product to Sephora each time (thank goodness for their great return policy). I'm done with this. It's great that it works out as HG status for so many, but GA has somehow gone very far afield from what works for my skin.