Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.6

on 10/17/2017 2:13:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this foundation after reading/watching hundreds of reviews but... this was one of my biggest disappointments in makeup purchases in general. Leaving aside the fact that it's so pricey, I could never imagine my skin reacting to any makeup product the way it did with this foundation. Although I have fairly normal/combination skin, which is not sensitive to any makeup and doesn't break out, this foundation caused so much problems for my skin:( although it promises luminous skin look and supposedly works great on most skin types, it looked so dry in places, clinging to my skin, mostly forehead, looking patchy and uneven. I'm neutral undertone and I found 4.5 shade to be too yellow, in general hard to get the right shade for fair neutral skin tone. I would be happy with the coverage it gives as I never look for full coverage in foundation, however there's something in its formula that's absolutely not working on my skin. I started feeling really itchy almost immediately after applying it and by the end of the day, my face was covered in rash, which I never ever had from any other makeup product. I decided to give it another go after my skin completely cleared out, prepping as normally would with any other foundation and unfortunately got the same reaction. Oh well, going back to my holy grail Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Foundation.

on 2/17/2017 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pros:
This foundation makes my skin look wonderful and I've had a few random compliments while wearing it. The packaging also feels very luxurious.

Cons:
I probably would have more compliments if I wore this more often, but anytime I wear it two days in a row, I break out. The consistency is a little weird to me too--it feels a little oily and thin when I apply it. Also, the lightest shade of this foundation is too dark--I make it work with other make up and always apply it down my neck and chest but I always feel like an oompa loompa when I first apply it.

on 12/20/2015 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am really satisfied with this foundation. As the name already says, it has a luminious fininish which is a must for a mature and dry skin. Lovely...

on 11/28/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Recently repurchased my second bottle. I used to use LM mineral foundation, cakey and no, no, no. The GALS bottles last a VERY long time using 1-2 pumps per application. I have normal to dry skin with a slightly oily t-zone, with red-pink undertones, and GALS 4.5 shade matches and evens my skin tone out beautifully. I do not use for full coverage, and some blemishes do show through a little, but I don't mind that. I use a small bit of concealer to cover up blemishes. I apply the foundation with my fingers or the GA blender brush, directly over my moisturizer. The GA blender brush does do something different for the application, but I'm not convinced it's better than using clean fingers. The foundation lasts all day even when I'm running around in the hospital, and it looks natural and beautiful. I bought the GALS compact pressed powder for touch-ups, but I rarely need to touch up! Sometimes I mix the foundation with GA fluid sheer for a 'dewy' look, and use other fluid sheers for liquid blush. Love love love. Huge shout-out to the sales manager at the GA counter at Bloomingdales on 59th st in NYC for his excellent, amazing teaching on how to apply.

I didn't want this to live up to the hype. I really didn't. I did not want my HG foundation to be $62. But it is.

I didn't even wear foundation for years because it breaks me out and looks unnatural. An SA recommended this to me and sent me home with a sample. It's easy to apply. Goes on smooth, blends nicely. It's thin enough that it's not goopy but it's not too watery either. It's just perfect. It's dewy enough that my face doesn't look dry but matte enough that it doesn't look greasy either. I have combo skin so that's not something I'm used to. It lasts an 8 hours workday. Shade 5 blends perfectly with my skin. It looks like my skin but better, which I never believed was possible. It also does not oxidize like many other formulas do on me.

After falling in love with this product I was determined to find something that works as well but doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I tried MAC, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, NARS, Revlon, L'Oreal...and finally gave up. This is it. This is The One. I curse myself every time I buy it, but it works like nothing else.

Packaging is great. The pump works well, it doesn't leak, the bottle looks nice (as well it should for $62!!!)

My *only* complaint is that it has a very slight fragrance. I would prefer no fragrance at all. Does anyone like fragrance in their foundation? I don't know why you would, but they all seem to have it!

If you're picky and you hate foundation, give this a try. But try at your own risk. It will forever ruin all other liquid foundations for you.

I *really* like this. Not being stingy with my lipsticks, but I'm saving five for that one foundation that is 100% perfect!! (And I don't know if that even exists!!) This almost is... The colour match is great, it looks lovely on my skin and the staying power is OK. I think if you needed some heavier coverage this wouldn't be for you, but if you're after a more light to medium coverage it works well. I usually just use it on its own, applied with my Zoeva 104 buffing brush, but on a particularly good skin day, I did sheer it out a little with a spray of Mac Fix+ on my brush before application. I like it a lot - and for now it's my go-to foundation; I'll definitely re-purchase.

on 1/29/2015 11:51:00 AM

I really didnt like this foundation at all. First of all i like lightweight foundations, which looks like a second skin on my face. After applying this you can clearly see that you did put on a foundation. The second thing is, and it is more important for me, this accentuated my pores. I have relatively larger pores on the sides of my nose and when i put this on, it just sits in my pores and makes them look even more obvious. I will stick my hg foundation; yves saint laurent le teint touche eclat. It looks dewy and has a much more natural finish than armani.

on 6/10/2014 7:28:00 PM

This foundation is very nice! I love how it looks and feels on my skin. The look does not last all day on my oily t-zone skin. I have to blot several times during the day and it's impossible for me to wear in the summer. Not crazy about the price either. There are plenty of foundation that are about the same for $20 bucks less.

on 2/9/2014 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I simply don't understand what all the hype is about with this foundation. It did not suit my skin at all. It did smooth my skin but did not compare at all with my favorite foundation: Bobbi Brown. I have just about every one of Bobbi's foundations formulas and they are all outstanding in every way (especially color range).The range of colors in this foundation line are so limited...when I returned the bottle I had purchased, the saleslady looked at me like I was insane and she kept arguing with me about returning it. I guess she just couldn't believe that I truly did not like it. Again, I just don't get why this foundation keeps winning all these awards. There are so many others that are far better.

on 10/11/2013 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I never felt the need to spend $60 on foundation when there are so may good ones by Revlon, Lancome, Clinique. However after a year or more of hearing about this on youtube and makeup blogs (not to mention celebrities and a few "real housewives") I decided to give it a whirl. The colors are weird and make no sense. For example 5.5 is darker than 6.0 and alot of the shades seem either too brown, too yellow etc. I read on some other websites that this foundation is *SO* amazing that many people are willing to buy TWO COLORS and mix them (ok who wants to have to mix?). The 5 is as close to my face as I can get, I wouldn't call it a *perfect* match but it's darn close. It applies very sheer, you're almost like "what's the hype?", then you set it with your powder, etc. When you are done, this does NOT look like makeup AT ALL. Someone called it "your skin, but better" and that's the truth. I am so pleased with this foundation, it says perfect on my oily skin ALL DAY (unheard of). I don't have to blot or reapply powder. After 10 hrs of wear on a hot, sunny Florida day I touched up with my MUFE HD powder and it looked like I just did my makeup FRESH. This does not settle into fine lines or wear off in the crevices near your nose, etc. Talk about a poreless, airbrushed face!! To be honest at $60 I was hoping to dislike it and return it for some MAC eyeshadows and stick to my $23 Clinique foundation. Nope, HG all the way. And yes, now I am one of those people wondering if I should get a 2nd bottle a pinch darker to mix when I need to LOL!! Try it but be prepared to fall in love and consider a $60 foundation a necessity because you won't go back to your old foundation.
Note: Today just for the heck of it, I decided to use some of my old foundation (that I used to love)....ughhh I looked so gross! You can't use anything else once you've tried this!