Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.7

This is probably my favorite foundation, it's pretty sheer and not full coverage but it blends so nicely and works so well on my skin even though I have dry skin problems!

on 2/8/2018 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this on sale when GA was having 20% off during Christmas, it's not a horrible foundation but i'm surprised that so many recommend this for dry, mature (of which i have both) skin. I got the color in 4.5, which is described as "light, neutral" but it definitely leaned warm on me (i'm around NC20, but have mostly neutral undertones). It does have a satin finish, and is lightweight with medium coverage. The heavy glass bottle looks and feels luxurious for sure. Unfortunately, right away it emphasized and accentuated every pore on my face (mostly the area where my nose and cheeks meet), as well as fine lines and dry patches on my skin. I tried using it with both my fingers, and a damp beauty blender. It was slightly better with the beauty blender, but not by much. I also used on both primed and unprimed skin. But it just wasn't a good foundation for my skin; perhaps if you're younger and have combination/oily skin, it would work on you.

on 1/14/2018 5:55:00 AM

So I realllly wanted to love this foundation after reading reviews and hearing the kardashians rated it. For me this is probably THE worst foundation I have ever used. No exaggeration. I can only think this works if you have perfect skin.

The girl I purchased it from was lovely and told me for more coverage apply with beauty blender. However when I did this I found the blender ate it all up as the product is soooo watery.
I tried with a brush which was slightly better but didn’t feel it gave me a “silky” look. After a day of wearing it I found it went so patchy and I mean like having to rub it in in places making my already combo skin look worse.

The packaging is great as it’s small so fits in bags easier but for me that was the only plus with this product. Massively over rated and over priced deffo not re purchasing. Sorry to bring the rating down but feel maybe this isn’t great for combo skin!!

on 1/2/2018 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I will always repurchase this product (unless they change the formula of course). It feels light but offers good coverage and makes the skin feel like silk. I love the natural finish and the fact that it stays on all day. I love that it does not have SPF (seriously, all these products with SPF in them? Do NOT put any chemicals on your face that you don't have to. If you're going to be out in the sun all day, fine, apply sunscreen. If you're going to be sitting inside all day, you do not need to wear a moisturiser or foundation with SPF. I can't stress enough how bad this is for your skin) Anyhoo! Because it is SPF free, I don't react which is nice (and rare).
The price is steep, the packaging looks nice but I feel that I don't get every last bit of product out (which I'd like to do after spending $100 on it).
It may sit differently on different skin types though.

I had been meaning to try this foundation for a while. After putting it on my skin, even as I was applying it, I immediately could tell a difference in the way my skin looked. Like many others have noted, it gives you a "second skin" appearance...almost like my skin had been air brushed. It was very flawless looking. I like that the packaging comes with a pump and the bottle itself is nice. Yes it's pricey but it is worth it. Luckily I did not experience any breaks outs, rashes or any issues that others had noted. This was totally worth the hype for me.

on 10/17/2017 2:13:00 PM

I had such high hopes for this foundation after reading/watching hundreds of reviews but... this was one of my biggest disappointments in makeup purchases in general. Leaving aside the fact that it's so pricey, I could never imagine my skin reacting to any makeup product the way it did with this foundation. Although I have fairly normal/combination skin, which is not sensitive to any makeup and doesn't break out, this foundation caused so much problems for my skin:( although it promises luminous skin look and supposedly works great on most skin types, it looked so dry in places, clinging to my skin, mostly forehead, looking patchy and uneven. I'm neutral undertone and I found 4.5 shade to be too yellow, in general hard to get the right shade for fair neutral skin tone. I would be happy with the coverage it gives as I never look for full coverage in foundation, however there's something in its formula that's absolutely not working on my skin. I started feeling really itchy almost immediately after applying it and by the end of the day, my face was covered in rash, which I never ever had from any other makeup product. I decided to give it another go after my skin completely cleared out, prepping as normally would with any other foundation and unfortunately got the same reaction. Oh well, going back to my holy grail Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Foundation.

on 9/25/2017 2:54:00 PM

I'm using this foundation for a few days now and I really like it. It does get oily on my t-zone very quickly but on the normal parts of my face, the foundation does what it says. It has a gorgeous finish, really skin-like. I have to use my LM translucent powder underneath and on top of the product on my nose and forehead to control the shine for a few hours. Afterwards, I have to blot every now and then, but there is no foundation out there that could possibly control my oil-happy nose, so I'm fine with that. It also didn't break me out, which tends to happen a lot lately. Don't know how or why.

The colour I bought (3) is a tad bit too light for my NC15 skin, especially if I set it with the LM translucent powder, which always leaves a slightly white-ish colour to my face. But one shade darker (3.5 I think) was way too warm for me, so I had to settle for this one. Also, winter is coming, so it's better to have a lighter colour this time of year. I found that the MAC mineralize loose powder (in the shade extra light) works really well with this foundation, especially to darken the foundation a tiny bit. I apply it with a flat kabuki brush and then put some product on a beauty blender and blend it all out. I use the beauty blender to set the powder on my oily zones and a brush to lightly set the foundation on my cheeks (which are normal so don't need much setting).

It's a lovely product with a reasonable colour range (which most drugstore foundations don't have, so I don't understand some reviews here claiming that there are drugstore foundations better than this one). Only downside I would say is the price. 54 Euros is a lot of money for a foundation, but if I continue to like it I will definitely repurchase.

I love this foundation, I have super dry skin (kind of combo skin tbh). Normal foundations would stick to my skin and look powdery, this one works so well! Blends and makes your makeup look truly natural! Gives you a glow!

on 3/20/2017 8:52:00 AM

I really wanted it to work for me after reading so many good reviews and watching videos. But unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations.
My skin is dry and sensitive but I don't have obvious acne or scar problems. All I wanted to achieve was a really "luminious and silky" look. My skin ended up looking quite matte ! Not luminious at all. And although the coverege is medium, my skin didn't look like healthy and flawless.
Lancome teint miracle was the foundation I been using till then, I liked it but I wanted a bit more coverage that's why I tried armani. Teint miracle never irritates my sensitive skin and although armani is noncomodogenic as well, it caused some itchiness on forehead(due to my dryness maybe) but I made sure to apply a base of lots of moisturiser and primer ( which I got from Armani as well ). Nars all day luminious was also not very luminious but at least looked healthier on me. Maybe that word luminious means something different than I think.
Over all, I could't get that glowy healthy finish.
I tried this foundation for like 1-2 weeks and maybe in summer days when skin is already good, I can make use of the bottle I bought. But for now, I am considering to go back to Lancome teint miracle or try Bobbi brown intensive skin serum foundation which is said to be nice.

on 2/17/2017 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pros:
This foundation makes my skin look wonderful and I've had a few random compliments while wearing it. The packaging also feels very luxurious.

Cons:
I probably would have more compliments if I wore this more often, but anytime I wear it two days in a row, I break out. The consistency is a little weird to me too--it feels a little oily and thin when I apply it. Also, the lightest shade of this foundation is too dark--I make it work with other make up and always apply it down my neck and chest but I always feel like an oompa loompa when I first apply it.