Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.5

on 1/21/2012 3:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

LOVE! Blurs away minor imperfections amazingly for such a sheer-med. fndn. Looks natural, dewy but not too glowy, luminous:). Doesn`t melt/ slide/ fade away with or without a primer. This is what I wanted Diorskin Nude to be (awful, reviewied). Applies well with fingers or Mac 187. Buildable. #4 is a perfect match. HG.

This is it. This is my HG foundation. I've had it for years and have tried all the hyped up foundations and I always come back to this. The texture is amazing. Luminous finish, not greasy. I use a MAC 187 brush and this gives me an airbrushed finish. I live in humid, hot Florida so I use primer underneath for staying power. I truly believe one foundation does not fit all. It depends on your skin type. Some of the long wearing foundations are great but for my skin, they are too tacky. I know I will keep trying other foundations just because hype gets me every time but, this is the one I will always use.

on 2/11/2010 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

love the finish of this foundation, the face looks perfect, luminous but no shiny, good coverage (medium?), natural look.

Only two cons:
- the price, 47 euros
- I dont find the color match to my skin tone. The 5 it's a bit ligther and pinkish, and 5.5 it's a bit darker and too yellow.

Some reviews says that they mix 4.5 with 6, but I don't want to have to buy two foundatons (almost 100 euros!).

Good product, but poor range of color.

For reference, I'm NC25-NW20, shiseido I20, BB 3-beige

I can see why this foundation gets lots of praise from GA customers and make-up artists. LSF has many good points. The coverage is buildable from sheer to medium, and it seems to be a nice yellow based foundation, and great for those that have yellow tones to their skin. LSF dries quickly on the skin, so it's best to apply it to one section of the face at a time. For me, I get better results when I apply it with a slightly dampened make-up wedge. I have mostly normal skin with some T-zone shine and was concerned initially because LSF looked quite matte on my skin, but luckily after a few hrs on my skin it started to look slightly dewy. It reallly does make my skin look luminous and great in photographs. LSF #8 is a fantastic match for my GGG complexion REVIEW UPDATE! (July,09) I'm finding this foundation is a bit too dewy looking for the summer months. This will be a better foundation for me in the fall, winter and spring seasons.