Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Black age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.6

on 1/8/2018 10:01:00 AM

One of my all-time favorites. Beautiful sheer but buildable coverage, dewy skin-like finish. I always get compliments when I wear it.

on 11/29/2017 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I don't like liquid make up because most break me out, look cakey or turns orange. This product does non of that. I don't wear a lot, I apply with a sponge, dries quick and then I set with powder over it. Keeps my nose and forehead non greasy all day!

on 10/20/2016 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I quite like this foundation as it has a medium type of coverage and a nice soft finish. I have not had issues with it and it has not become cakey or melted. I wear it throughout the day and sometimes over 10 hours and so far so good. I wish it came with SPF though but it still works fine if you wear a moisturizer with sun protection.
The swatch range is better than a lot of "luxury" branded foundations and tanned to darker or deeper skin tones can find a match.

on 3/30/2016 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this product along with my Nars Sheer Glow. I use both of them. I use 6.0 in Luminous Silk for daily use and Vallauris in Sheer Glow when I am going out. They both work extremely well. My skin can flake but it doesn't flake with this when I apply it properly (with my face oil, cream and serum + sponge application). Plus it doesn't oxidize on my skin. Its almost impossible to choose between the two but I think I got the wrong shade for Luminous Silk.

Itís my favorite for special occasions ó I recommended it to a friend recently for her wedding, and I personally wear it for every big, well-photographed event myself!

It's very layerable. It provides aluminum starch octenylsuccinate to help balance oil on the skin, while cyclopentasiloxane (a lightweight silicone) provides mild hydration. Alcohol thins the solution without drying your skin.

on 9/6/2014 4:04:00 AM

Amazing foundation which makes your skin look amazing. It gives medium to full coverage and looks great for hours.

Some foundations start to change in its textures due around my t-zone during the day due to oils. But this still foundation still looks fantastic.

I use it with primer and use loose powder to set it.

on 2/21/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I love this foundation. It doesn't break me out, I got an almost perfect match to my tan-brown skin, it does not oxidize, it blends superbly, and a little goes a long way. I have combo skin but I still like matte-dewy mix foundations... and this gives me just that for the first few hours, after which I start to get shiny in my t zone... nothing a little blotting won't solve. I wear it on all my makeup tutorials on youtube so check it out if you wanna see it in action :)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I managed to get a sample of this from the Armani counter where I was matched with shade 7 Tan. FYI I am NC42, Chanel B60, Revlon Colourstay Natural Tan, NARS Barcelona. I find the colour match to be decent but shade 7 runs a little pink compared to the other foundations that I have. I top it with a light dusting of a yellow toned powder which corrects the shade and sets the foundation

I put a few drops onto the back of my hand, dot it on my face then work it in with a Sigma F80 flat top kabuki brush. This leaves a nice, smooth finish and as promised, a beautiful luminous glow which other foundations lack. The coverage is medium but buildable.

My only problem with it is the lasting power. With a primer, I notice my pores starting to show at the 4-6 hour mark. Without it, I only get to mid morning before I have to touch up. A shame really considering how beautiful it is when first applied. My skin is reasonably oily but by comparison, the normal/dry formulation of the Revlon Colourstay lasts all day without requiring touch ups
I've tried the Lasting silk which is heavier, a little more cakey and has the same lasting power as the Luminous silk.

It's expensive at AU$90. While I am using the sample, I'm enjoying it but for the price and the average lasting power, I don't think I'll purchase the full size.

I used to like this foundation in the winter but now I think I have a mixed feelings toward this foundation. First, what I like about the foundation is its coverage. It gives you a very good coverage but yet still comparably light. The finish is definitely a I-am-wearing-foundation finish but with a good blusher it actually can turn to be good. Also, this foundation is really photogenic or working perfect with very strong light. In photos, wearing this foundation makes your skin looks photoshoped FLAWLESS! However, it is very thick. I still don't understand why something so thick can sometime be so dry as well! In some days, it looks perfect on my skin, but some days it just looks wrong! When it looks good, it is smooth and flawless, but when it looks bad it is dry and patchy. Overall, I still can't decide whether I like this foundation or not so I think I will not repurchase it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I was in my Nordstroms looking for the Nars tinted moisturizer, and I saw this and I knew a long time ago I wanted to try it but I didn't know which color I was. They MUA matched me with 5.75. I tried it today and boy they don't lie when they say silk. It feels so silky applying it and it's seamless, no streaks whatsoever. I'm kind of sad that it doesn't have some kind of spf protection in it. It doesn't accentuate the dryness, but it doesn't help it either. That being said, I'm going to compare it to Nars' Sheer Glow foundation because they seem similar to me. It is expensive, yes, but once you have the right color it melts right into your skin.