Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 2/12/2018 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I can see why this is a popular choice for many - nice formula texture glides on easily, looks dewy has nice sheen not heavy at all medium coverage but as I have oily skin not ideal for those with oily skin. Best for normal or dry skin types.
I prefer Power Fabric over this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried countless foundations, ranging from dirt cheap to more expensive than this (crazy, I know), but I can really never find anything that comes close to this one. The finish it gives me is just incredible— photoshopped- looking, but also not too makeup-y. Truly a paradox. Moreover, I have dry skin and this stuff never accentuates dry patches, it also isn't like traditionally dewy and hydrating foundations that provide the moisture by making the formula emollient and greasy, leading to the foundation slipping and sliding on my face and transferring to everything I touch. Granted, this foundation isn't very long wearing even on my dry skin, but when it fades, it fades evenly and in a way that never makes me feel anxious to look in a mirror worried at what I might see. The only thing I would like to see improved is the shade range. I'd love to see a light olive color, similar to shade 6 but for an NC 20-25. I currently have to mix 6 and 3 (a light yellow- toned shade) to get my perfect match. Oh, and the price could be more reasonable too of course!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Considering how expensive and hyped up this product is, all I can say is, thank goodness I only got a sample of this. This foundation has me so confused. It feels like silk on the skin, yes. But as far as luminosity goes - this foundation makes my skin feel so dry and tight and emphasizes my pores. I don't feel like it gives me any glow to my skin and actually over the three days that I tested this foundation I had to generously apply and reapply Mac's Fix+ because my skin felt like a desert. The only good thing is that the shade match was quite good. I am an NC42 and shade 7.5 fits perfectly.

on 2/1/2018 1:06:00 AM

Bought into the hype around this and I’m glad I did. It gives a lovely natural look (esp if applied with a beauty blender) and is worth the price as it lasts ages. It also seems to have a large array of shades.

on 1/24/2018 5:20:00 PM

I had been bought this foundation as it been recommended and read good reviews. I was so excited to try it. Initially I thought the color match was ok maybe a little to light I went for 4 light sand my mum thought it looked great although she hasn’t got great eyesight. When I looked in the mirror it stuck to every pore I seen pores I that I never even noticed before. It clung to dry patches and was patchy. Really disappointed my quest for my perfect foundation goes on.

on 1/22/2018 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

How do I love thee, let me count the ways:
- The best thing I find about Luminous Silk is the silky (duh), slippery texture that glides over the skin effortlessly. I have to blend most other foundations very carefully over small areas of my face to avoid cakey spots. With this one, I got completely lazy - I can slap a pump's worth into the middle of my face, slather it around, and it gives me a completely even, perfectly blended coverage without drying up and setting too fast and clinging to skin patches. For a light all-over application, I get the best results when I use my fingers and simply spread it around just like a moisturizer. (Some reviews mentioned that they hated LS when using it with the Beauty Blender, and I hated the BB when using it with this foundation, so it looks like they're not compatible, if that's your preferred application method. Not a problem for me, but LS is rather light and thin, so sponges and brushes soak it up quite easily.)

- It can be built up from about medium-light to medium-heavy coverage without looking heavy. On the days when the above is not enough, I like to take a bit more and apply it with a tapping motion wherever I need it, either with my fingers or a brush. This covers any redness, capillaries, faded scars and light spots. It won't cover anything too dark/red, but I'd rather use a concealer than a heavy foundation for that.

- The finish, despite the name, is rather natural with slight dewiness. For me (normal skin that's sometimes prone to dryness and can get oily towards the end of the day), it's perfect - anything more matte looks dry and patchy on me, and anything richer sits on top of the skin, and I just end up using too much powder to get rid of the tacky feel. This may not be the best foundation for those who have very dry skin, though - I tried using it after a (bad) experiment with a salicylic acid toner, and it did emphasize the skin flakes.

- It stays on quite well for 8-12 hours. It does get shiny in the middle of the day and fade a bit towards the evening, of course, but it never breaks down in patches (Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua!) or otherwise looks offensive.
All in all, like any foundation, it won't suit every single skin type, but it's a fantastic in-between option - not too heavy, not too light, not too matte and not too dewy. I've been using this for about 10 years now, and every time I "cheated" on it with a different foundation, I regretted it.

on 12/10/2017 2:39:00 PM

I like it the mooost.

on 12/6/2017 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I finally bit the bullet and picked this up during the Sephora VIB sale (reg. $70 CAD). I have dry skin, I like more natural looking foundations (i.e. not full coverage), and based off of all the youtube love, I thought this would be ideal for my skin. Result: meh.

I debated returning it, but I debated too long and missed the window lol. I purchased shade 4.0 which is a tad light for my NC25 skin tone, but since it has light coverage, it's easy to work with it in spite of that. Also the shade numbers are really odd. 3.5 is actually darker than 4.0? So keep that in mind if you're purchasing online.

There is a scent to this, but I didn't notice any strong fragrance so I'm not bothered at all by it. The coverage is quite light but buildable, so it's customize-able I suppose in that sense. I haven't tried it in flash photography or video (which is where this is supposed to be amazing), but i'm not a youtuber and I don't walk around with papparazzi following me so I'm not sure if investing in this is worth the odd time that I end up taking photos (assuming it looks amazing as everyone else says). It's not incredibly long wearing but it's not a big deal for me because i always use a setting spray.

It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look $70 foundation good.

I would not repurchase and for the price, I would not recommend.

on 11/19/2017 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I went 10 years without buying liquid foundation. I have light cool toned skin, but not 001 cool toned. Foundations pull yellow very easily on my skin. Most foundation lines only formulate the palest cool tone as an actual pink based foundation, and beyond that just get progressively warmer/yellower. I don't care if yellow counteracts to "neutralize" my pink undertones - I want my face to match my neck, and my makeup to look like my natural skin. Luminous silk 4.75 is the first foundation I've ever found that matches my skin perfectly. It's light to medium buildable coverage, no scent, blends out well with a beauty blender. Very happy.

This is one of the best foundations I have ever used! It has a medium coverage, that can be either thinned out for those days when you need coverage here and there; it is also buildable without looking cakey. What I have noticed is that this is a foundation that doesn’t amaze you as soon as you apply it. Give it 10 to 15 minutes and it will really stick to your skin with a beautiful semi matte, vaguely dewy finish. I do recommend a smoothing primer for those days when your skin is more problematic though. I had 4.5 shade, which was unfortunately a tad too dark for me.