Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 10/11/2017 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Unforunately I wasn't a fan of this foundation, I could feel is sitting on top of my skin, the coverage was ok but not great and it didn't last very long either. I also don't like the fact that it has fragrance.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After putting off buying this, I finally did. It has cost me an arm and a leg but it is worth it. I love the finish that it gives me like a 2nd skin type. To my surprise this actually last pretty well on me considering I am combo skin. This is not heavy or cakey. That being said, I need to set this with powder not just in my T-zone but my whole face. I don't find that powdering it takes away the beautiful dew/glow that it gives me skin. This is one of those rare foundation that is best with a brush. It just gives more coverage for me. Way more coverage than a sponge per say. I dab/pat this on and not drag it for more coverage. Then I lightly go over with sponge just to even it out and get rid of streaky marks but nothing that bothers me.

My biggest issue with this foundation is the scent. It makes my face itchy by the afternoon but oddly enough it doesn't break me out. This is actually starting to be one of my go to. This is actually best set with a light dusting of pressed powder than a loose powder. I'm not really sure why but the finish is more airbrush and Luminous with a pressed powder.

The shade system is confusing to me. My shade is too dark which is 5.5 totally my fault should have bought 4.5 instead but summer is approaching so hopefully it will match. If not, I will happily buy a shade lighter. At the moment it's not bad, I just mix in 1 pump of my IT Cosmetics CC+ to lighten it and it plays really well together. This doesn't oxidise on me. To me this foundation is worth the hype. Not HG status (yet) and I will probably need to try it with other primer and powder. Currently plays nicely with KVD Blotting Powder and Charlotte Tilbury Pressed Powder. Not well with Laura Mercier (gets too heavy and cakey) or RCMA No colour powder because it's just get too dry and it takes away the nice glowy finish. Try to get a sample if you can. It's worth repurchasing for me. Actually a good surprise for me. I have been trying out a couple of hyped up and high end foundation lately and it's all a massive fail so this actually works for a change.

on 9/12/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sadly this foundation is oxidizing on my oily skin.... however I did go get myself a shade lighter- the 4.0.
When doing the "Wayne Goss translucent powder trick", and a couple of touch ups, this foundation lasts all day (12 hours +).
And I love that this foundation causes no flashback... just wore it at my cousins wedding- and I looked flawless in photos :)
I've always been using "flat-matte", longwear foundations like Estee Lauder double wear, and Macs pro longwear, so I didn't really believe in the hype around this foundation, now I do- it is truly amazing :)

The only thing keeping me from making this my everyday foundation is the price-tag :(

on 9/5/2017 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Flawless all day is words to describe. Its light coverage and stay 12 hours on my oily skin. I have spent huge amounts of expensive foundation because my skin is oily and acnes. This one makes it gorgeous. Highly recommended for perfect skin. But its quite pricey!

on 8/20/2017 2:30:00 AM

Okay I'll keep it short and sweet: the good things about it are: it doesn't feel heavy, doesn't look dry at all, at the start for the first hour it gives a gorgeous finish that looks stunning. Now the bad: I have combo skin normal everywhere but I get an oily tzone throughout the day. This foundation after 2 hours made me look way too greasy. Not like dewy, just greasy and it's a shame I really wanted it to work because the first hour I had it on I was in love. I don't think this foundation is good for normal or combo skin and definitely not for oily skin. Maybe if you have really dry skin that doesn't get oily in the day. I regret buying it. I'll try mixing it with other foundations maybe so I don't waste my money because australia doesn't allow you to return makeup in most stores but yeah I wish I didn't buy it.

on 7/7/2017 5:45:00 PM

Lovely foundation, beautiful medium coverage and finish. Lasts all day and leaves a silky natural finish. Friends complimented my skin and it covered, smoothed and evened my skin perfectly. I got this as a sample while looking for new foundations. Was put off as the Armani representative lady was so rude! I guess I would have loved this foundation more if I had a positive experience with the Armani representative but oh well. 7/10 recommend

on 6/30/2017 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm on my second bottle and will buy a 3rd! I love the full coverage and radiant finish of this foundation. The shade 4.25 matches my skin perfectly. Very blendable. My skin is dry and acne prone and Luminous Silk doesn't cause breakout or drying. Liquid gold!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Good foundation, not one of my favorites but would purchase again! Texture is super lightweight, didn't exactly like it's coverage. I have oily skin, and had to powder my face once or twice a day.

Looks so flawless on, not matte nor dewy. Long wearing but do need to touch up during the day. PERFECT colour range. 6 is my colour. Not too yellow. Very similar to face and body but more coverage. Only down Side is the price but I'm gonna keep buying. It is my HG foundation

on 5/25/2017 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am a NC20 in MAC and I wear 4 in Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. My other matches are NARS Deauville, Bourjois 52 Vanille, Too Faced Born This Way Vanilla, and MUFE Ultra HD Y245. 3.5 is a good match in the summer for when I'm darker, or around NC25.

The packaging on this foundation is lovely and screams elegance and high class. It features a substantial cap with a heavy frosted bottle. The pump distributes the perfect amount of product and never gets messy.

Honestly, this is not a bad foundation but I find it to be extremely dupeable and nothing special. This foundation is very similar to L'Oreal's Dream Lumi, which is not so surprising since both brands are owned by L'Oreal. I find that both of those foundations look and wear the exact same on the skin. This was my go-to foundation in my senior year of high school and first year of university. It provides a flawless satin finish that is slightly dewy, but it does not scream shiny at all; it gives me about medium coverage that is buildable. When first applied, it looks very natural and polished. Setting it with a powder is a must.

This foundation is gorgeous, but the way it breaks down is unflattering. Around the 6 hour mark, visible signs of the foundation wearing off begins to show, breaking down in patches all over my face and pooling around my nostrils. When it starts to break down, it really starts to show skin imperfections such as bumps, pores and dry flakes.

Overall it's okay, not terrible but not excellent either. There is a drugstore dupe of this available already and there are better foundations at this price point. If you're looking for similar foundations, I would recommend Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum for all skin types, Guerlain Lingerie de Peau for normal to combo/dry, and Too Faced Born This Way for dry skin.