Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

on 10/19/2017 1:50:00 PM

Oh I'm going to add to what so many have already said. I too had such high hopes for this Foundation. The foundation does what it says which is that it Glides on smoothly, buildable coverage with a luminous glow. My complexion with this makeup looked absolutely stunning. I was just so amazed, even in the Sun! But that is where my love affair ended. Like others, I had a reaction. My face started itching at the end of the day to the point where I ran home to take the makeup off. With everyone else's reviews on breakouts and reactions to this Foundation, there was no way I was going to try it for another day as my skin just cleared up from a bad hormonal Breakout.

on 3/14/2017 12:57:00 PM

I tried two testers from this foundation and all I can say that if you have an oily and acne prone skin like mine, this is not for you.

on 2/19/2017 6:07:00 AM

This foundation is the closest color match that I have ever found. I read that no. 6 is the best foundation for those of us with olive skin that can not find a color match, they were right. The problem is the alcohol, my eyes could not tolerate the life being sucked out of my skin. They were literally burning. I need something with hydration, glycerin or hyaluronic acid. I suppose if you have oily skin, this would work but even oily skin should be careful with the alcohol content.

I've used many many foundations from drug store to high end, and I like the dewy look that doesn't look thick and cakey
This foundation is magic.
It goes on light but is very Easy to build up to a more fully coverage!
It hydrates the skin. Makes pores look smaller. And stays put all day.
Without the mask look!
It truly looks like skin!
Also applies like a dream. The price is steep. But you do get what you pay for.
I do like to try other brands, as I'm a make up junkie. But non of them live up to this one.
Love this foundation!

on 11/17/2014 8:14:00 AM

I so wanted to love this foundation but sadly it does not seem to work for me. I have combination skin which veers towards oily and I know which products work for me e.g Double Wear Light amongst others. I had read that this is fine for oilier skins but I don't believe that is true. I think a foundation at this price should work well enough without a primer if it really is ok for oily skins but it leaves me incredibly shiny after just a few hours. Also when you look closely it sits oddly on the skin, it can highlight pores and even any facial hair which none of my other foundations do! I can imagine that this leaves a lovely dewy finish on drier skins but please try this out before you buy, there are many other foundations out there which are just as good if not better.

This foundation is so incredibly amazing that I call it "liquid skin." I was very sceptical before trying it because of my sensitive, dry skin (it contains alcohol), but after one week of use I knew this was the one. It absolutely melts into my skin, minimizing the appearance of pores and evening out my skin close to perfection. It feels like I'm wearing nothing, like I was born with flawless, porcelain skin. Shade #2 is a perfect match for my PPP skin. I like to mix it with Fluid Sheer #2 (champagne) for a more glowy finish.

on 10/28/2013 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I like this foundation most of the time. Very nice on my skin in the fall/winter/early spring months. A tad too oily in summer. I live in Denver so need moisture due to lack of humidity that does help your skin not have so many lines. And at 61 I have a few lines but not too bad. My issue is finding a color in a foundation. I wear shade #5 in the Luminous Silk. If there is anyone out there who also wears this shade and has found another color/foundation I'd love to know what it is.

on 8/12/2013 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really wanted to like this foundation but it went on cakey, fell into the fine lines under my eyes and had worn off in three hours. No good for me, definitely not buying ever again.

on 7/23/2013 6:13:00 AM

This product is fantastic. I used all the time the Guerlain fundations and I though I would never change since it had great coverage and looked natural but this is the equivalent or I would say even better since the formula is lighter.

It goes smoothly on the skin and there are several colors to chose, it's luminous and give you the perfect skin complextion.

I give a 5 eventhough it's too pricy..and honestly the ingredients are not that great.

I have to say I am really happy that I bought this product it goes on like a dream with good coverage, although admittedly I am a layer and a half type of gal. It has pretty good staying power even on a hot sweaty day (we do occasionally get them in Ireland!!). As promised, it doesnt crease and does produce a luminous glow to the skin. And if all that wasnt reason enough to run out and buy some, the range of shades is fantastic to boot!

Only negative: Giorgio Armani claim that this product is for all skin types. I would have to disagree! If your skin is quite dry I wouldnt recommend this product, it has a tendency to sit and clog around any obvious dryness, you need well mositurized and hydrated skin for this product to work its best. Its a tad greasy for me, I was wearing it for about a week and did notice that I was springing some small white heads!! I do really love this product but its not an everyday use product for me.

Overall, it pretty much does what it says on the tin!