Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has a nice consistency and goes on the skin smoothly - almost like second skin except that it slightly clings to dry patches. But my biggest beef with this is that throughout the day, it becomes powdery and cakey on me, which is a big no-no. I really like the smell, though. And it didn't break me out when most products do.

Looks so flawless on, not matte nor dewy. Long wearing but do need to touch up during the day. PERFECT colour range. 6 is my colour. Not too yellow. Very similar to face and body but more coverage. Only down Side is the price but I'm gonna keep buying. It is my HG foundation

on 3/22/2017 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I tried this after seeing so many reviews and videos praising its greatness. This did not work for me. I have combo to dry skin right now. I used Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer on my problem areas (as Karima does in her videos with this). I also set it with Laura Mercier powder. This just slid off of my face or disappeared in some areas and I only wore it for about 8 hours. Where I work is very chilly, so warmth was not an issue. The places it stayed put looked okay, but not good. I'm very disappointed in this high end foundation.

on 2/10/2017 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I wanted to buy this for ages but I waited due to the price - I finally caved in & bought it. My previous foundation was from Loreal (so this one was a bit of a step up) & whenever I went out and had photos taken my face would always be white in the photo, even though it's a dark shade foundation. With Luminous Silk, it doesn't contain SPF so in photos, even with the flash, it brings out my colour. I also bought the micro fill loose powder to go with it.

on 12/12/2016 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite foundation (alongside MAC's face & body)!

I'm an nc30 and my shade in this foundation is 5.75!

EDIT: I just ran out of my first bottle and decided to repurchase but this time i decided to go for shade 6, and it evidently looks better on me than 5.75!

I don't think one is darker than another, the only difference is in the undertone -6 is more yellow/golden whereas 5.75 is more peachy!

on 10/19/2016 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a lovely light to medium coverage foundation. As others have stated, it is not going to last more than 6-8 hours on your skin. However, this is typical of most foundations that offer coverage on the light side. It also doesn't have sunscreen. If you want that try their Lasting Silk. Those points aside, Luminous Silk offers a beautiful velvety finish. I apply a second light coat over any "problem" areas. As with most foundations, the key is finding a good color/tone match. They offer a nice range of shades.

on 9/18/2016 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I have very difficult coloring to match as I am dark but with pink tones. The only foundations that are beige with pink undertones are this Luminous Silk in 5.25 and Chanel Rose Beige . ( unless anyone has found any more!)
The coverage is perfect - not too heavy but medium coverage with a brush. The staying power is okay- not remarkable but with Chanel finishing powder it lasts a good eight hours. I have mature skin and it does not accentuate undesirable elements! I wouldn't call this dewy or matte but more like luminous satin. I always set with powder which does detract from the luminousity.
I also bought the GA highlighting fluid in the number 5 which gives a lovely subtle glow to cheeks and other areas you wish to highlight. The color looks really bubblegum pink in the jar but honestly it looks natural after application and it is a light weight runny liquid.
Yes expensive but both last long time and I feel the color selection is good for a great many people.

on 8/6/2016 4:33:00 PM

So worth the hype! I would give this five stars for the shade selection alone. I'm always in between shades - I'm NC25-30, but never either one otherwise it looks too light, dark, or orange. I think I have yellow and red tones, so too much of one or the other makes me look a little off. Shade 5.75 matches me so, so perfectly - it has just the right amount of yellow and red. The only other shade that matched me this perfectly is Dermablend's Smooth Liquid Camo in Camel and Dermablend's Cover Creme in Medium Beige. Unlike the two, however, this doesn't go on your face light then sets to a darker finish. The color stays true all day and doesn't oxidize.

Unfortunately, this doesn't last all day. However, it wears very, very well throughout the day. I can see a little red peeking through at about the 8th hour, and that's really not bad considering this is a light to light-medium coverage foundation.

I wouldn't say this is a "luminous" or "radiant" finish. It's not really dewy; it's more like satin, which I like because it looks incredibly natural.

I can see this lasting me a while, so really the price is worth it, IMO. Plus there are foundations out there for the same price (or slightly cheaper) that don't perform as well.

If you're wondering whether you should get this or not, I say find your shade and get it. I couldn't be happier with this purchase.

UPDATE: I am still in love with this foundation. I've learned however, that it *must* be set with powder otherwise it will end up looking too dewy on me. I'm debating whether I should try it without my sunscreen/moisturizer as I'm afraid it's contributing to my overall oiliness.

UPDATE 8/13/16: This simply can't perform well in hot, humid weather and for people like me who have oily/combination skin. I REALLY want to like it, but my skin just gets so greasy hours later even with powder and oil control primer. The weird thing is the finish is almost satin but gets progressively "dewy" in a few hours but I'm not sure if it's oil. Honestly I haven't had foundation do this before. I'm looking to try the Lasting Silk version or its cheaper counterpart, UD Naked Skin.

on 6/24/2016 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Your skin but better, light weight everyday foundation that just gives your own skin a sheer glow coating without feeling like your wearing any makeup. Wouldn't recommend if you are after a full coverage foundation

on 6/20/2016 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my new summer foundation. I wear a high spf sunblock all year round on face, neck and hands. I could tan if I so chose but I dont so I fake a sunkissed look. Shade 6 is perfect for doing just that on my pale olive complexion. I love how sheer it is. If I need a bit of coverage then I apply concealer there. Its pricey but I think this will last me a couple of years. Looking natural is very important to me and this is perfect. It lasts for many hours with a decent primer underneath.