Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

1 review

on 2/22/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this last week..not intending to purchase yet ANOTHER foundation I 1- dont need and 2- not my color. I was in Saks just passing thru and I stopped by the GA counter where this guy lured me in only because I was merely curious about the foundations. Well to make a long story short, the next thing I knew I was sitting in the chair and he was taking off my makeup w/ a wet cloth. I let him know several times i was very hard to match but he insisted there WAS a color to match me. He matched me with #8 and indoor lighting, it was a great match. I was excited and plunked down the $60 and was eager to try it out the next day. I got home and since it was dusk outside i couldn't tell if it was still a match. The next day I reapplied it with natural sunlight and -of course- it was a shade too dark :( Although it wasn't THAT obvious, it was noticable to me.. it looked like i had been in the tropics and I looked bronzed but i think i need a shade lighter- just until summer hits. I mix it w/ my MUFE #123 and it's better. I like the consistency and the luminosity it gives as well as the finish, but again, the shade is wrong. I won't purchase again only because I will end up with another color that I will have to mix it with in order to get the right shade. So far, the only foundation that matches is my MUFE so i should just stick with that and quit monkeying around w/ others. I only gave it a 3 star because of that. I was looking at the swatches on this makeup and i think i will need to mix it w/ the 6.5 (the #7 looked too pink) but I'm not going there. Too bad - I'm going to use what I have because it was friggin expensive but not going to repurchase.
UPDATE: 03-07-12 - I decided to go back to Sak's and exchange it for the 6.5... a MUCH better color for me. I will see how it goes tomorrow when i start from scratch. (( Crossing my fingers )) ;)