Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 3/15/2016 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is my holy grail foundation. Despite the very expensive price, i would totally repurchase because its that good. It gives a nice luminous finish, looks great on camera, did not make me oily or show any dry patches, just great. It is not full coverage so it wont suit ladies who have blemishes or anything to cover really. I feel like this foundation is more suited for those with good skin, looking to make it look perfect.

on 6/23/2014 10:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Whenever I wear this I get complimented on my skin all the time. It gives such a beautiful and glowing finish, it goes on smoothly and feels light and fresh on my skin. And it's buildable. But it's horrible for my oily days(I have combination skin where I can be dry one day and oily the next). After I've worn it for about 3-4 hours I'm total grease face and it looks really horrible on my skin and clogs my pores like no other product I've used. After about 6 hours it's completely worn off. But that is only on my oily days. On normal or dry skin days it's a really great foundation, not the best one I've used(I prefer coverage over a glowing finish)since it does not cover my acne scarring very well, but the best one for a luminous finish.

on 2/22/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this last week..not intending to purchase yet ANOTHER foundation I 1- dont need and 2- not my color. I was in Saks just passing thru and I stopped by the GA counter where this guy lured me in only because I was merely curious about the foundations. Well to make a long story short, the next thing I knew I was sitting in the chair and he was taking off my makeup w/ a wet cloth. I let him know several times i was very hard to match but he insisted there WAS a color to match me. He matched me with #8 and indoor lighting, it was a great match. I was excited and plunked down the $60 and was eager to try it out the next day. I got home and since it was dusk outside i couldn't tell if it was still a match. The next day I reapplied it with natural sunlight and -of course- it was a shade too dark :( Although it wasn't THAT obvious, it was noticable to me.. it looked like i had been in the tropics and I looked bronzed but i think i need a shade lighter- just until summer hits. I mix it w/ my MUFE #123 and it's better. I like the consistency and the luminosity it gives as well as the finish, but again, the shade is wrong. I won't purchase again only because I will end up with another color that I will have to mix it with in order to get the right shade. So far, the only foundation that matches is my MUFE so i should just stick with that and quit monkeying around w/ others. I only gave it a 3 star because of that. I was looking at the swatches on this makeup and i think i will need to mix it w/ the 6.5 (the #7 looked too pink) but I'm not going there. Too bad - I'm going to use what I have because it was friggin expensive but not going to repurchase.
UPDATE: 03-07-12 - I decided to go back to Sak's and exchange it for the 6.5... a MUCH better color for me. I will see how it goes tomorrow when i start from scratch. (( Crossing my fingers )) ;)

on 11/22/2011 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Armani Silk Foundation is the most natural foundation I've ever used ( I am a #10). It blends perfectly with my skin creating a natural finish, however covers my imperfections (I don't have heavy blemishes so I don't know how the cover would work for others)
The only downside is that sometimes it is a bit too luminous and not what I use when I want a matte finish.

on 1/29/2011 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I like the formula of this foundation. I have to be careful with my sensitive skin. Seems like my skin got more sensitive with age. I have been on a long search for a good mineral foundation. I like the idea of paraben free.
This wears nicely on my skin and for now I would keep buying. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

on 1/9/2011 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

this is so far only foundation working for me.it has light coverage (i don't need coverage that much), has great color. however it does not stay long even with a primer. it matches my dry skin. it gives a dewy look. i use dior loose power as the setting powder.

on 6/8/2010 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Ok, i've been using LS for YEARS. ive gone through 8 bottles in the past couple years.

pro: plumps your skin, does not leave it dry/flaky or anything. look immaculate and flawless, pump with lid. PERFECT match for me- i use number 6.5 for summer and 6 for winter. look stunning and luminous after applying. sophisticated packaging.

con: hate the chemical smell, by the end of the day u look oily and it begins to wear off. actually by the end of the day, i look like a shine ball. only looks good with a) GA primer b) first 2 hours c) first 2 hours in pictures otherwise u may look like a shine ball in pictures by the end of the night

ive tried so many other foundations but i just cannot get the right shade, right coverage, etc. others were either too a)too luminous b) too matte c) too dry d) too oily.
if i know i will be out ALL day without having the chance to redo my makeup i dont use this, but if i know i will be having dinner or seeing someone special or special events that last only for a couple of hours, I always come back to this. so in all, there is always a backup of GA LS for me in my vanity just in case my skin gets super dry and i must use this or if theres a special occasion less than 5 hours lol.

on 12/24/2008 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I think this is the best foundation I have ever used, it is so lightweight and really has a buildable coverage. I have tried Chanel, Cliniqe,Givenchy, Clarins, Biotherm, Lancome and MAC and I can say that this is the best one. It did not break me out. You even dont feel that you are wearing it. For reference I have very prone to acne skin. Actually I am in the middle of NW 20 and NW 25 :D and I use 5.5 in this range which is slightly darker for me. But I m still satisfied. Be sure to use any powder to fix it and it will stay a day long. I took one lippie of cos it is very expensive here 80 USD :(

on 12/19/2007 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Ok, the artist matched me with #9 and the color matches perfectly. A little definitely goes a long way. I'm not sure if I like this foundation better than my beloved Laura Mercier foundation. But, I have to say that I have tried many other foundations and the LSF is the only one (besides my LM foundation) that matches my skin perfectly. So the LSF definitely gets props in that category. I might just buy it (I have been using a sample) as a back up.

Also, at the end of the day, the color did not turn orange on me. I didn't even use any powder or anything to set it and it lasted all day.