Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.5

on 6/15/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I really wanted to love this foundation like so many others, but I absolutely without a doubt hate it and I will never buy it again. I am medium skinned Black meaning not light skinned, but not dark either, in between. Shade #8 made me look ashy or pasty. It had an extremely overwhelming baby powder scent that lingered hours after applying it. The coverage was extremely light almost like a tinted moisturizer. Also, the pump doesnt lock like some foundation pumps do. For $62, I would expect one that locks. The only good thing about it was that it blended into my skin easily.

on 6/2/2015 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Nothing beats this foundation! It lasts all day, is buildable to required coverage without looking caked on. It gives the most amazing glow. I give other brands a go via samples and trials but I always god back to GE LS.

on 8/17/2014 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I really love the texture of this foundation and the coverage it would be my HG... But the problem are the colours I can only wear this is summer when I am very tanned then I'm a shade #9. I tested other lighter shades for the winter months but in my colour range they are the wrong undertone, too pinky. Such a shame :(

on 6/20/2013 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

OMG!!! Why, WHY WHY don't I ever learn!? PLEASE NOTE that although a foundation may state "dermatologically tested" blah blah etc. it can still contain HIGHLY pore-clogging ingredients and is very likely to cause cosmetic acne in some people. I am specifically referring to the ingredient "Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate" which is the ester of isostearic acid (rated as severely comedogenic) and polyglycerin-4. After reading all the reviews, I (kind of comfortingly, which is sick I know) came to the conclusion my experience was the same as many others, particularly ynnej's - basically broke out ALL OVER (particularly the places that I had sweated throughout the day more... interesting) in little red bumps that turned into bigger bumps and I break out rarely; 1 blemish a month if that. Despite this I wanted so much to like it (because the finish really is that of "luminous silk") that I thought my first bottle must have "gone off" in some way i.e. past its expiration date. So I decided to buy and try it again, hoping that this time it would be different and the bottle wouldn't be added to my ever-growing cosmetics graveyard. Unfortunately the exact same thing happened, hence my now late-night outpouring of emotion on MUA. I'm so thankful for the internet, so at least I can now research ingredients and their find out comedogenic-rating so I know what to look out for and avoid in future, rather than simply keeping testing things out and wrecking my complexion. Just wanted to post this review to hopefully stop others out there doing the same...

on 12/31/2009 8:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

Love this foundation. I've very fair skin. My dermatologist infact recommended it to me, she said that Mac doesn't allow your skin to breath, and this makeup is much lighter and allows your skin to get some air. I do however find it a little bit drying around my nose but I think that's probably just my skin!

Love it as a foundation, far prefer it to Chanel, Clinique, I seem to have tried all the others but I'm happy to have found my true love with Armani! Would definitely recommend it. Has a nice consistency and isn't too much nor too light.

on 11/15/2009 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is a good quality foundation but unfortunately too heavy for my liking. I was hoping it would provide a more natural finish that imitated real skin, but the result was too airbrushed and made-up for me. The nozzle is very stiff and makes controlling the amount dispensed quite difficult. For the price, the packaging could've been nicer too as the plastic GA uses is not very luxe.

on 3/12/2005 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This foundation is the BEST. I've read many reviews about this foundation. I tried a sample and now I'm hooked. I've used both Prescriptives Custom Blend and Bobbi Brown (stick, liquid, and oil-free compact) foundations. I have to say that this is the best. I don't feel like I'm wearing makeup. My face looks radiant and my blemishes are totally covered. It's amazing. I also use the sheer powder. I don't have to refreshen my makeup, like before.

I have combination skin. I use LSF #11 and sheer powder #5. It's great!

on 5/28/2003 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I was really about to swap this! I was! I bought it at the same time as I purchased an Aura Science foundation brush, and post-vacation, I just let it sit in its box, convinced I hadn't liked it that much (must have been the sticker shock). No wait, it was because I tried applying it with my fingers and did not like the consistency. Anyway, I dug it back out and applied it using the foundation brush and I can't get over it! I had pretty much settled on my MAC C40 and my Becca Olive - MAC is pretty opaque, the Becca more like a tinted moisturizer. This stuff is smack in the middle and lovely. Loooovely. Makes me look so even, so nice. Just opaque enough. I do believe I'm a little bit hooked. I got this in 6.5

I took one lipstick off based on the bottle being too fat to carry with me places, and for the price.
continued >>