Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.2

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Considering how expensive and hyped up this product is, all I can say is, thank goodness I only got a sample of this. This foundation has me so confused. It feels like silk on the skin, yes. But as far as luminosity goes - this foundation makes my skin feel so dry and tight and emphasizes my pores. I don't feel like it gives me any glow to my skin and actually over the three days that I tested this foundation I had to generously apply and reapply Mac's Fix+ because my skin felt like a desert. The only good thing is that the shade match was quite good. I am an NC42 and shade 7.5 fits perfectly.

on 1/2/2018 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I will always repurchase this product (unless they change the formula of course). It feels light but offers good coverage and makes the skin feel like silk. I love the natural finish and the fact that it stays on all day. I love that it does not have SPF (seriously, all these products with SPF in them? Do NOT put any chemicals on your face that you don't have to. If you're going to be out in the sun all day, fine, apply sunscreen. If you're going to be sitting inside all day, you do not need to wear a moisturiser or foundation with SPF. I can't stress enough how bad this is for your skin) Anyhoo! Because it is SPF free, I don't react which is nice (and rare).
The price is steep, the packaging looks nice but I feel that I don't get every last bit of product out (which I'd like to do after spending $100 on it).
It may sit differently on different skin types though.

on 12/2/2017 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The best foundation I’ve ever tried. It’s the one foundation I always go back to and leaves a very natural, non cakey finish. Luminous silk isn’t a full coverage foundation, I’d say it’s medium coverage but leaves a beautiful slightly dewy finish. Definitely will repurchase

on 8/5/2017 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Amazing! I have normal skin that sometimes is more on the dry side, I tend to get bunches of bright red spots from time to time that don't get covered well while the rest of my skin looks great. I love the dewy look, so usually everything looks flawless except this little bumpy area where red shines through slightly.
Not with this foundation! It makes me look so airbrushed. I'd say their shades are pretty accurate, I got mine right at the first try. It looks so flawless and luminous, I combine it with mac's studio finish concealer (cream in a jar) and mac strobe cream underneath. airbrushed, dewy, flawless combination!

The packaging is okay, it's nothing special but appropriate for the price point. The amount you get is normal.

Pros:
- really flawless, dewy finish
- beautiful shades
- covers well
- feels really lightweight, lasts fine

Cons:
- obvi, price.
- packaging is not special
- with a beautyblender I need multiple pumps to cover my face, definitely not "little goes a long way." (I need less with a harder sponge or brush.)

on 6/30/2017 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm on my second bottle and will buy a 3rd! I love the full coverage and radiant finish of this foundation. The shade 4.25 matches my skin perfectly. Very blendable. My skin is dry and acne prone and Luminous Silk doesn't cause breakout or drying. Liquid gold!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Lovely foundation, medium to full coverage yet feels lightweight on the skin.

on 11/30/2016 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My favorite foundation. Works well with my hard to match skin tone. Easily bendable, smooth finish. Gives a natural finish - not too dewy, not too matte. Just right. I use this in 7.5 and use the real techniques blender.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the most expensive foundation I have ever purchased but I'm so glad that I did.

I'm NC15 and while shade #3 was too golden, shade #2 was just right. In fact, it's one of the best foundation matches I've ever gotten. That alone is worth its weight in gold! I'm pale but have warm undertones as well as pink cheeks from rosacea and a very pale neck so finding the right match is sometimes very hard.

I use a Beauty Blender to apply this and it makes my skin look amazing. My pores look smaller, the redness and my cheeks is much less noticeable, and my skin just looks airbrushed. The finish is similar to Dior Airflash but this is easier to work with and much less wasteful. Plus, this doesn't irritate my face the way the Dior does.

I managed to snag this when Dillard's had a foundation sale going on for $15 off. I liked it so much, that I ended up buying a backup bottle too. Since this has no sunscreen in it, you don't have to worry about it destabilizing your sunscreen or causing flashback in pictures.

My local counter was awesome about giving samples so I suggest you ask since it's such an investment. Also, I'm dry with extremely sensitive skin due to rosacea but am not really prone to breakouts.

on 3/30/2016 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this product along with my Nars Sheer Glow. I use both of them. I use 6.0 in Luminous Silk for daily use and Vallauris in Sheer Glow when I am going out. They both work extremely well. My skin can flake but it doesn't flake with this when I apply it properly (with my face oil, cream and serum + sponge application). Plus it doesn't oxidize on my skin. Its almost impossible to choose between the two but I think I got the wrong shade for Luminous Silk.

on 1/11/2016 1:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is my "splurge" foundation, and as such I haven't had a new bottle in over 3 years. I decided to bite the bullet after getting some unexpected $ around the holiday, and I'll stretch it out as long as possible.
This formula was meant to emulate the finest of textiles "face fabric", as it is described. Indeed it does feel very silky, glides over the skin with ease and blends beautifully. One caveat: if you're oily? Lasting Silk will be your best bet; this will make your face one greasy mess. For older women like myself who are experiencing painful dryness this will be a great ( if pricey) panacea. That brings me to the description of my skin/ complexion for reference: dry, dry, dry! I'm talking heavy face balm and sweet almond oil to prep beforehand, and I can apply layers and layers before it feels supple again. I also suffer from rosacea; I had no idea what was going on though I have some medical background. It seemed as though I got sunburned and never recovered from it. My optometrist of all people diagnosed it as I have the dry eye that can accompany the facial inflammation.
So, I'm very self conscious of my facial redness and need something to cover AND hydrate without feeling as though I'm wearing a mask, and LSF works beautifully on both counts.
I couldn't recall what shade I used in the past- I think I bought mine at Saks previously and as it was years ago I haven't the foggiest. I decided to go with Sephora's shade match; I'm 127 in the MUFE HD stick ( also great for dry skin and on the go), NC25, C2 in MAC and SX06 in Kevyn Aucoin. I was matched with 4.25 "light skin with peachy undertones" ( you'll see from my profile photo I'm a natural redhead) and it is a pretty decent match. It looks scary at first ( VERY warm/ peach) but blends in and looks natural after it "sets".
I feel like I've written a book already, but this is my system of layering: moisturizer, primer ( I like Becca Backlight for the glow- at 43 I need all the glow I can get!) then foundation applied with either a BeautyBlender or Tarte foundation brush. I go over dark circles/ eye bags ( I have serious luggage) with concealer ( usually Hourglass or UD Naked Skin) THEN set with Sonia Kashuk glow powder ( great dupe for NARS LRP). I only get oily on my lids and nose, so I'll use blotting papers or touch up with powder and it will last all day.
So in closing, pros and cons:
Pros: great for dry and/or mature skin, comes in a pump dispenser, fair amount of shade options, feels light yet coverage is adequate.
Cons: price, availability ( my local Sephora doesn't carry it), glass bottle, definitely not ideal for anyone combination to oily or oily.