Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.3

on 7/23/2018 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

If it’s any testament to how much I love this foundation, I’ve repurchased 5x. I wear 5.75 and am about nc25-30. This is my hg foundation. It gives me the most velvety skin like texture while making my skin glow and providing medium coverage. I apply with my fingers then go back in with a damp BB to blend. I use nars soft matte concealer with this and the end result is flawless natural looking skin. I have dry skin and this doesn’t emphasize flakiness. It’s important to use setting powder as it does transfer. I find it works best without a primer. It just melts into my skin and makes my less than perfect acne scarred skin look flawless. I will add that I only use this when I don’t have a lot of texture to my skin (i.e. cystic acne) as I find it emphasizes that. But when my skin is in good condition this is my absolute favorite foundation.

on 5/13/2018 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect foundation and have gravitated towards the dewy or glow-from-within foundations. I’ve found a few of them that I really like. But even with my mature 60 plus year old skin, I find a more satin finish looks the best. Powder is the enemy for older skin but the glow foundations can almost tend to emphasize fine lines and texture (at least this is the case with me).

I have tried GA Luminous Silk a number of times but I don’t think I was matched correctly in the past as it always made my pink undertone skin look sallow. I happened to be at a Macy’s recently and was color matched to 4.75 but they didn’t have my color at the store. The SA actually called over to Nordstrom’s and hooked me up.

Boy having the right color match makes all the difference. The 4.75 actually looks almost peachy coming out of the pump instead of the pink undertone I thought would be me. However, this color on just brightens up my face. It provides a natural medium coverage with a blurring and satin finish. It’s not a glowy or dewy look but just a fresh and healthy but polished look. I find it holds up nicely through the day with just a powder to my nose midday as with all my foundations.

During the summer, I bought the 5.0 shade and mixed it with the 4.75 for the best match.

This is my go-to foundation for most days when I just need the best fresh and polished look. My favorite foundation and believe me, I’ve tried more than a few....

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Considering how expensive and hyped up this product is, all I can say is, thank goodness I only got a sample of this. This foundation has me so confused. It feels like silk on the skin, yes. But as far as luminosity goes - this foundation makes my skin feel so dry and tight and emphasizes my pores. I don't feel like it gives me any glow to my skin and actually over the three days that I tested this foundation I had to generously apply and reapply Mac's Fix+ because my skin felt like a desert. The only good thing is that the shade match was quite good. I am an NC42 and shade 7.5 fits perfectly.

on 1/2/2018 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I will always repurchase this product (unless they change the formula of course). It feels light but offers good coverage and makes the skin feel like silk. I love the natural finish and the fact that it stays on all day. I love that it does not have SPF (seriously, all these products with SPF in them? Do NOT put any chemicals on your face that you don't have to. If you're going to be out in the sun all day, fine, apply sunscreen. If you're going to be sitting inside all day, you do not need to wear a moisturiser or foundation with SPF. I can't stress enough how bad this is for your skin) Anyhoo! Because it is SPF free, I don't react which is nice (and rare).
The price is steep, the packaging looks nice but I feel that I don't get every last bit of product out (which I'd like to do after spending $100 on it).
It may sit differently on different skin types though.

on 12/2/2017 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The best foundation I’ve ever tried. It’s the one foundation I always go back to and leaves a very natural, non cakey finish. Luminous silk isn’t a full coverage foundation, I’d say it’s medium coverage but leaves a beautiful slightly dewy finish. Definitely will repurchase

on 8/5/2017 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Amazing! I have normal skin that sometimes is more on the dry side, I tend to get bunches of bright red spots from time to time that don't get covered well while the rest of my skin looks great. I love the dewy look, so usually everything looks flawless except this little bumpy area where red shines through slightly.
Not with this foundation! It makes me look so airbrushed. I'd say their shades are pretty accurate, I got mine right at the first try. It looks so flawless and luminous, I combine it with mac's studio finish concealer (cream in a jar) and mac strobe cream underneath. airbrushed, dewy, flawless combination!

The packaging is okay, it's nothing special but appropriate for the price point. The amount you get is normal.

Pros:
- really flawless, dewy finish
- beautiful shades
- covers well
- feels really lightweight, lasts fine

Cons:
- obvi, price.
- packaging is not special
- with a beautyblender I need multiple pumps to cover my face, definitely not "little goes a long way." (I need less with a harder sponge or brush.)

on 6/30/2017 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm on my second bottle and will buy a 3rd! I love the full coverage and radiant finish of this foundation. The shade 4.25 matches my skin perfectly. Very blendable. My skin is dry and acne prone and Luminous Silk doesn't cause breakout or drying. Liquid gold!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Lovely foundation, medium to full coverage yet feels lightweight on the skin.

on 11/30/2016 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My favorite foundation. Works well with my hard to match skin tone. Easily bendable, smooth finish. Gives a natural finish - not too dewy, not too matte. Just right. I use this in 7.5 and use the real techniques blender.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the most expensive foundation I have ever purchased but I'm so glad that I did.

I'm NC15 and while shade #3 was too golden, shade #2 was just right. In fact, it's one of the best foundation matches I've ever gotten. That alone is worth its weight in gold! I'm pale but have warm undertones as well as pink cheeks from rosacea and a very pale neck so finding the right match is sometimes very hard.

I use a Beauty Blender to apply this and it makes my skin look amazing. My pores look smaller, the redness and my cheeks is much less noticeable, and my skin just looks airbrushed. The finish is similar to Dior Airflash but this is easier to work with and much less wasteful. Plus, this doesn't irritate my face the way the Dior does.

I managed to snag this when Dillard's had a foundation sale going on for $15 off. I liked it so much, that I ended up buying a backup bottle too. Since this has no sunscreen in it, you don't have to worry about it destabilizing your sunscreen or causing flashback in pictures.

My local counter was awesome about giving samples so I suggest you ask since it's such an investment. Also, I'm dry with extremely sensitive skin due to rosacea but am not really prone to breakouts.