Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After putting off buying this, I finally did. It has cost me an arm and a leg but it is worth it. I love the finish that it gives me like a 2nd skin type. To my surprise this actually last pretty well on me considering I am combo skin. This is not heavy or cakey. That being said, I need to set this with powder not just in my T-zone but my whole face. I don't find that powdering it takes away the beautiful dew/glow that it gives me skin. This is one of those rare foundation that is best with a brush. It just gives more coverage for me. Way more coverage than a sponge per say. I dab/pat this on and not drag it for more coverage. Then I lightly go over with sponge just to even it out and get rid of streaky marks but nothing that bothers me.

My biggest issue with this foundation is the scent. It makes my face itchy by the afternoon but oddly enough it doesn't break me out. This is actually starting to be one of my go to. This is actually best set with a light dusting of pressed powder than a loose powder. I'm not really sure why but the finish is more airbrush and Luminous with a pressed powder.

The shade system is confusing to me. My shade is too dark which is 5.5 totally my fault should have bought 4.5 instead but summer is approaching so hopefully it will match. If not, I will happily buy a shade lighter. At the moment it's not bad, I just mix in 1 pump of my IT Cosmetics CC+ to lighten it and it plays really well together. This doesn't oxidise on me. To me this foundation is worth the hype. Not HG status (yet) and I will probably need to try it with other primer and powder. Currently plays nicely with KVD Blotting Powder and Charlotte Tilbury Pressed Powder. Not well with Laura Mercier (gets too heavy and cakey) or RCMA No colour powder because it's just get too dry and it takes away the nice glowy finish. Try to get a sample if you can. It's worth repurchasing for me. Actually a good surprise for me. I have been trying out a couple of hyped up and high end foundation lately and it's all a massive fail so this actually works for a change.

on 2/17/2017 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pros:
This foundation makes my skin look wonderful and I've had a few random compliments while wearing it. The packaging also feels very luxurious.

Cons:
I probably would have more compliments if I wore this more often, but anytime I wear it two days in a row, I break out. The consistency is a little weird to me too--it feels a little oily and thin when I apply it. Also, the lightest shade of this foundation is too dark--I make it work with other make up and always apply it down my neck and chest but I always feel like an oompa loompa when I first apply it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My HG foundation for the last 2 years. This foundation lasts all day on my oily, sensitive skin.
It wears beautifully and looks the most natural of any heavy coverage foundation that I have ever tried. It comes in many shades!
It *does not* break me out, which is rare. Probably because it's made with castor oil. I find that my skin loves castor oil and it's truly non-comedgenic. Also it is not a short-chain fatty acid (these aggravate adult acne, psoriasis, and eczema).
The downside is the *price* but 2 bottles get me through the year of 5 day per week use and I already know that I love it so I save time, grief, and money on trying out no new stuff.
I have been very happy with most of my Armani beauty purchases.

on 12/20/2015 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am really satisfied with this foundation. As the name already says, it has a luminious fininish which is a must for a mature and dry skin. Lovely...

on 1/29/2015 11:51:00 AM

I really didnt like this foundation at all. First of all i like lightweight foundations, which looks like a second skin on my face. After applying this you can clearly see that you did put on a foundation. The second thing is, and it is more important for me, this accentuated my pores. I have relatively larger pores on the sides of my nose and when i put this on, it just sits in my pores and makes them look even more obvious. I will stick my hg foundation; yves saint laurent le teint touche eclat. It looks dewy and has a much more natural finish than armani.

on 1/22/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'll say it's my HG because it saved me!

I used Lancome Teint Idole BEFORE they changed it to 24-hour ridiculousness. They didn't transfer the color palette over from old to new, so my Bisque 6W was no longer there. It was my HG for about eight years. I spent about three years trying to find something remotely comparable in terms of coverage, color match, lastingness, consistency, finish, price, noncomedogenicness, and photography. Something was always off with every product I tried. Then, I ponied up the big bucks (even bigger than Lancome, which I thought was pricey, sheesh) for this foundation. It stopped my endless search. Now, it's not perfect, but it's darn close. Coverage is light to medium and totally flawless (I'm aiming for lighter coverage, as I'm 38 and need to stop wearing heavy foundations), but if you want to, you can load this on, and it doesn't get cakey. My color match is great -- 6.5 -- very believable. It doesn't let you stay oil-free for too long, but with my hormones, absolutely nothing will cure my Texaco face. The finish is luminous (well named), price -- eek! (knocked off a lippie for price), and I don't break out. Win, win, win, win. Photographs beautifully as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the best foundation I have found so far, and I have used many high end ones, such as Chanel, Dior, Bobbi Brown, etc. It's not my HG one, because the color does not quite match my skin. No. 4 is too light and 3.5 is slightly orange. I must admit I did not play with the other colors, as the SAs seem to keen to 'help' and don't let you get on with it.
The texture is amazing, light yet it covers my brown spots better than any foundation I have ever tried. It is so easy to blend, it just melts into the skin.
I received a sample, but I am sure I will buy it despite the price, a little goes a long way because it is highly pigmented.
I would not recommend it for oily or combination skins because it is indeed luminous. I found that it lasted a long time, at least 5-6 hours, but then my skin is slightly dry.

on 8/24/2014 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Since my perfect foundation was discontinued (dermalogica treatment foundation) I have searched and spent hundreds on different foundations. I like foundation to have a bit of a shine and not look too dry and caked on, but I also don't want to look oily and greasy, as my skin is already quite oily and acne prone. I found this after doing research and have never looked back. I use colour 5.5 and it is perfect for me. It is quite expensive but I use it every single day and a tube lasts 3 months. One pump covers whole face and I use an extra half a pump on areas that need a bit more coverage. I hope they never discontinue this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've heard great things about this foundation, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I don't like it. I got a generous sample to try at home from the SA, as I wasn't convinced in store, and after using the sample, I'm still not persuaded. I can see it on my skin. I'm not sure if the color is off (I was given 3.75; Bobbi Brown Porcelain works well on me otherwise), but it emphasizes dry patches I didn't know I had. It works OK when mixed into my regular moisturizer, but it's way too expensive for me to buy a bottle for that use.

on 1/31/2013 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this foundation! This is my HG right now. At first I thought it was too sheer and a tad light. It warms up beautifully to look like skin but not darken. I have oily acne prone and aging skin, but this does not break me out. I do get shiny however (due to the alcohol...it makes your skin produce oil) but I use Bobbi Brown Sheer Pressed and it looks as good as new. It is super expensive though, but it is so worth it! I alternate between this and MUFE HD...