Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 25-29
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.7

I love that this product comes in fair shades for me and it does leave a nice satin finish and quite nice medium coverage for a thinner consistency fdtn. I will say I was a touch disappointed given the hype and PRICE that it wasn't more smooth/invisible/skin-like - when I consider the Bourjois Healthy Mix gel serum is awesome and costs about half and I get the result I'm looking for, why spend so much on this product right...?

on 8/19/2017 12:51:00 PM

Another hyped up product that didn't wow me. It's a decent light coverage foundation with a good shade range for light to medium skin tones. But for the really hefty price tag it's not worth it. It has quite light coverage with a dewy finish that doesn't last very long on my normal to combo skin and I get shiny super quickly even tho I rarely have that issue with other foundations. I can't really understand why it's a staple for so many people including makeup artists. But I can imagine if you have super flawless skin and just want to a light veil of foundation it works.

on 3/18/2017 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is by far the best foundation I have used, alongside with Urban Decay Naked Skin (and the discontinued Bourjois 123 Foudnation).

I have it in shades 3.0, which is my transitional shade (nc25) and 2.0, which is my winter shade (between nc15 and nc20).

The shade 2.0 is a perfect neutral shade, slightly yellow (not a beige).

The foundation works very Well on My dehydrated oily skin.

I prep my skin with a light moisturizer (Caudalie sorbet, the light pink tube). I apply the foundation with a moist sponge (Real Techniques works better than Beauty Blender - quite a mistery, really). Using a buffing brush gives a similar outcome, but the sponge is definitely a better option. That way, the pores are better covered.

When I apply the foundation, my skin looks really perfect and even.

On top I put Hourglass compact powder, but it doesn't make a difference - whichever powder is on top, it looks natural and soft (Mac loose setting powder, Guerlain Perls in Medium).

The foundation lasts really long. I tested it on all weather conditions, and there is only a difference with my oiliness but despite, the foundation sits well. I get 8 hours without retouching. By 12 hours, the foundation slightly sinks into pores, but still looks good and wearable.

I highly recommend both of the foundations!

The match is on point, the foundation is longwearing, doesn't dry my skin out and doesn't make my skin oilier than usual. It's the best I came across.

Mac Prolongwear nc20 - slightly too orange
Estée Lauder DW 1w2 - slightly too orange
Burberry Velvet Ochre - slightly darker
Lancôme 24 Idole Beige Albatre - slightly darker and too orange (match with first two above)

Urban Decay 2.0 Naked
Bourjois 123 foundation 52
Giorgio Armani Luminous 2.0

on 12/12/2016 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite foundation (alongside MAC's face & body)!

I'm an nc30 and my shade in this foundation is 5.75!

EDIT: I just ran out of my first bottle and decided to repurchase but this time i decided to go for shade 6, and it evidently looks better on me than 5.75!

I don't think one is darker than another, the only difference is in the undertone -6 is more yellow/golden whereas 5.75 is more peachy!

on 7/17/2016 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best foundation I've used.
To be fair I haven't tried many foundations because I have decent skin (normal leaning towards dry, and doesn't require heavy coverage) so I tend to stick to bb cream with beneficial properties when I do wear make up, but all the ones I've tried for foundation (Dior Forever, Estee Lauder double wear, Clarins, YSL serum, Too Faced born this way) didn't look too different to my skin without foundation.
When I tried this, I wasn't expecting a miracle, but after application I was so surprised to see that it actually made my skin look better! It made my skin look like a porcelain doll.
It lasted pretty well too, considering I didn't wear powder over it, and it didn't dry out my skin at the end of the day like some of the other foundations did (I'm looking at you, EL double wear).
The only con is the price ($90+ in David Jones), but I think it's worth the investment considering how in-often I wear makeup. Although I have a feeling I'll be wearing make up more often with this beauty in the collection! Love it!

Edit:
It's been about a year since I opened this foundation and I've noticed that the content seemed to have oxidised in the bottle somehow, it has become way too dark for me. I still love the finish, texture and longevity of the foundation but for $99 a bottle it's too dear for me to sparingly and then discard due to oxidisation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really do like this foundation a lot! My only real issue with it is that even the lightest shade is still about two shades too dark for my super pale skin, so it means me having to mix in some white foundation to create a match, which is annoying.

The formula itself is lovely, it's sheer but does a pretty good job at evening out minor discoloration. As the name 'luminous' would suggest, it does leave skin with a bit of a glowy shine, which is lovely, though I would suggest you powder or blot your t-zone if like me you tend to turn into an oil slick after a few hours.

on 12/17/2015 2:34:00 PM

I bought this foundation when it first came out at SAKS and went through a few bottles and now many years later I am coming back to it because I really like the coverage plus the lightweight feel when you it on. I get oily in the tzone and this foundation seems to keep everything in place. I am currently using the Chantecaille just skin and definitely buying this again after I run out.

on 2/11/2015 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just want to say that this foundation is overly hyped up. There are better foundations out there for the price. Its true that it look beautiful on but it has not staying power only really lasts for about 4 hours on my skin. And for the price is not worth it in my opinion.

on 12/8/2014 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Received a sample of this. Was interested in purchasing but the foundation just didn't work with my skin. I have dry sensitive acne prone skin (normal to oily t-zone)

As soon as I applied this, the foundation accentuated flakes and made the texture of my skin look worse... It also accentuated my face hairs.. Not sure how that worked but it did. Just didn't look good at all. I moisturized twice and primed my face prior to foundation application so the foundation had more than enough moisture to work with. The shade match was good; 5.75. BUT the foundation does have alcohol listed in the ingredients which could be drying.

I'm glad I didn't purchase the full size product. I do see this working for normal to oily skin.

For reference: NC25-30, MUFE F&B 32, Dior Star 021 Linen, YSL TE BD50, Chanel Vitalumiere 010

I'm totally and completely FLOORED with this foundie! I bought one out of whim, a bit sceptical (I usually wear Channel's Perfection/Lift Lumiere) and this bottle just win above them all! It got great coverage without the chalky/cakey look, sheer to medium buildable, feels so smooth on my skin and no breakouts whatsoever. So a sheer layer is perfect for daily use, whilst a thicker application works perfect for parties/girls' night out. Also the color is just a perfect match for my skin (4).

I apply this foundie with just a speck of my regular moisturizer, with Obagi's sunblock for day time. Sigma F80 or damp Beautyblender just blur the foundie nicely. I just one pump of Skindinavia's setting spray on the F80 and smooth complexion is mine all day.

I will definitely buy this again, I just can't get enough!