Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

4.1

on 10/19/2017 1:50:00 PM

Oh I'm going to add to what so many have already said. I too had such high hopes for this Foundation. The foundation does what it says which is that it Glides on smoothly, buildable coverage with a luminous glow. My complexion with this makeup looked absolutely stunning. I was just so amazed, even in the Sun! But that is where my love affair ended. Like others, I had a reaction. My face started itching at the end of the day to the point where I ran home to take the makeup off. With everyone else's reviews on breakouts and reactions to this Foundation, there was no way I was going to try it for another day as my skin just cleared up from a bad hormonal Breakout.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has a nice consistency and goes on the skin smoothly - almost like second skin except that it slightly clings to dry patches. But my biggest beef with this is that throughout the day, it becomes powdery and cakey on me, which is a big no-no. I really like the smell, though. And it didn't break me out when most products do.

on 8/23/2017 7:41:00 AM

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk no. 4 --> bought this a while ago at Singapore actually the sales person told me that I should take no.3 but I think that no.4 would matches my face really well . I really love the finish , skin- like ‘I swear I’m not wearing any foundation ‘ texture. And it lasts all darn day ( But if I use it in humid country like Indonesia in few hours it looks greasy but still looks nice on my face ). One main point is this foundation didn't look greyish and oily the way Missha BB cream do. ( But, Hey don't get me wrong I still love my Missha Signature Real Complete BB cream very much because it did not cause my face to breakout but if I didn't clean it throughly it will cause a few pimples on my face eventho I rarely got any pimple )

on 7/30/2017 11:35:00 AM

I've worn this about six years and it is my absolute favorite. It gives me an awesome airbrushed glowy skin and never breaks me out. Actually this is one of the rarest foundations I can even wear without getting acne. (for real, I can not wear anything from Loreal,Maybelline;Dior,Chanel,MAC,Charlotte Tilbury etc.!) I would like to test new foundations all the time but can't because of their ingredients. So this is my HG. This gives medium coverage and lasts all day with a help of a Smashbox light primer.I do have to blot several times a day because I have combo skin,but it is not a problem for me.

on 5/1/2017 8:45:00 PM

I'm the queen of drugstore products and so resisted buying this, but I had a photo shoot and knew that my usual foundation contained too much spf and would give some flashback. Finally caved and bought this and must say that it has a wonderful finish. I've already gotten compliments on my skin using it. It doesn't last longer than 4-6 hours but most don't on me anyway. The price is so high, but I'm using small amounts to try to make it last. A winner for sure.

on 2/19/2017 6:07:00 AM

This foundation is the closest color match that I have ever found. I read that no. 6 is the best foundation for those of us with olive skin that can not find a color match, they were right. The problem is the alcohol, my eyes could not tolerate the life being sucked out of my skin. They were literally burning. I need something with hydration, glycerin or hyaluronic acid. I suppose if you have oily skin, this would work but even oily skin should be careful with the alcohol content.

on 1/20/2017 8:49:00 PM

Holy Grail and im very hard to please. This is a beautiful foundation, my only regret is not finding it sooner.

Its a medium coverage but can be built up to full or sheared out. It glides on like a dream, it has lots of playtime so it doesnt dry too quickly, its so easy to blend, doesn't sit in pores or fine lines, I can put it under my eyes and dont have to worry about creasing, it covers all my redness as I get dry rosacea on my cheeks, it doesn't cling to dry patches or look cakey. Its luminous but slightly matt at the same time if that makes sense. Its also very neutral toned.

I usually wear Double wear foundation and I do really love it but I find that it clings to my dry skin if I dont prime extremly well and even then it can look cakey and sometimes it settles into lines and can show up dry patches so ive been on the hunt for something similar but more suited to my skin type and Luminous silk is definitely it. I have a feeling it might not suit very oily skin types so id say get a sample if youre unsure, it seems like its more suited to normal/dry skin.

Its expensive but worth it in my opinion and anyway its only 5 euro more than Double wear so I dont feel im spending much more than I usually would anyway.

Edit to add, I took a bad reaction to a new cleanser recently, I rarely get spots but this new cleanser left me with a rash on my forehead, painful cystic spots on my temples and chin and little red spots every where else, it also left my skin very dry, Luminous Silk was a god send for me, it covered all my redness and evened my skin tone with two pumps without causing any further irritation. I love this foundation!!

on 1/9/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

PROS:
-Does not contain ingredients that personally break me out (I'm very sensitive to butylene glycol and pentylene glycol and these two ingredients are commonly used in liquid makeup)
-An amazing "mixer" into other foundations. If you have finicky foundations, especially super matte ones or ones that cling to dry patches, try mixing it with Armani LS! I don't wear this foundation on long 15+ hour days (haven't found a setting spray that works for me yet but Ben Nye Final Seal worked the best for me so far) but I LOVE to mix this foundation with others. I've tried mixing it with Guerlain Lingerie de Peau (my favorite combination so far), EL Double Wear, and Lancome Teint Idole. In general, everyone should try, at least once, mixing dewy foundations with satin/matte foundations - just make sure you are not mixing silicone-based foundations with water-based foundations.
-No SPF so it's great for flash photography provided that you use a setting powder without silica or titanium oxide
-I have dry/normal skin with a nose that tends to get really oily. My favorite primer for this foundation has been the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer. Hourglass Mineral Veil + Armani LS = a beautiful satin, flawless finish. However, I do not have huge pores so I can't vouch for the Hourglass Mineral Veil and Armani LS combination to be pore blurring or pore filling. If you have really dry skin, I recommend the Hourglass n28 Serum Primer! It was super hydrating and a provided a great base for Armani LS, especially if you have dry patches.
-I am NC42 and have been matched, not that perfectly, to CoverFX foundation in G60 (closest match), EL Double Wear in Spiced Sand, Lancome Teint Idole in 420 Bisque N (a bit ashy looking), and Hourglass Veil Fluid foundation in Beige (bit too light for me) and wear the Armani foundation in 6.25.
-Comes with a pump. I typically use 2 pumps for my face.
-Very buildable. I found that building it in light layers made the foundation last longer.
-It's a liquidy foundation. But I personally don't like creamy/mousey feeling foundations.
-Applies beautifully with a beauty blender. I receive so many compliments after switching to a beauty blender.
-Lasts 6 hours without primer and powder. Lasts 8+ hours with Hourglass Mineral Veil and setting powder. I haven't found a HG setting powder yet but I have used Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre in Dore which was perfect for when I was super oily, and needed a wee bit more coverage (the powder is tinted), during the summertime but now it's winter and I find it too drying. I may check out the By Terry Hyaluronic Powder or the Urban Decay setting powder next.
-I wanted to edit my review to add that I love this foundation because I can wear it when I'm super dry during the winter and when I'm more oily during the summer! It doesn't make my skin drier and it can tolerate my skin when I'm at my oiliest (it just doesn't last as long when I'm oily but I'm fine with that).

CONS:
-Not as long lasting compared to other foundations such as Estee Lauder Double Wear or Lancome Teint Idole (However, doing the Goss method of loose powder after moisturizer/primer but before foundation helped increased the longevity)
-I found that UD All Nighter oxidized Armani LS really quickly (within an hour, I was orange!)
-The price but I don't mind it - this is one of the few foundations that does not break me out
-Shade range is a bit awkwardly numbered and makes it difficult to figure out your shade if you're checking it out at Sephora. There isn't a pattern to the numbers. I advise to go on Armani's website and look at their shade descriptions!

on 12/22/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

"I see!" said the blind man. God in every magazine, in every YouTube review, in all my life I have heard of this very foundation. I finally purchased it this summer. I tested it about 3 times for very important events and dear Lord have mercy on me! I was blind now I can see. It is exquisite! The way this lays on my buttery brown complexion? Nothing short of amazing. And this photographs so beautifully! I have several car selfies to commemorate the times I wore this. Medium coverage, does set to a luminous finish, makes you look like money! Does not exacerbate oil production either. This is a very well-executed product. I will certainly purchase again.

I found that this foundation was too heavy coverage. It felt like it sat on top of the skin. It didn't give me a dewy look as I have had from other foundations. The color selection was too orange for my skin tone.