Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive age: 36-43
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.1

on 3/14/2017 12:57:00 PM

I tried two testers from this foundation and all I can say that if you have an oily and acne prone skin like mine, this is not for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the most expensive foundation I have ever purchased but I'm so glad that I did.

I'm NC15 and while shade #3 was too golden, shade #2 was just right. In fact, it's one of the best foundation matches I've ever gotten. That alone is worth its weight in gold! I'm pale but have warm undertones as well as pink cheeks from rosacea and a very pale neck so finding the right match is sometimes very hard.

I use a Beauty Blender to apply this and it makes my skin look amazing. My pores look smaller, the redness and my cheeks is much less noticeable, and my skin just looks airbrushed. The finish is similar to Dior Airflash but this is easier to work with and much less wasteful. Plus, this doesn't irritate my face the way the Dior does.

I managed to snag this when Dillard's had a foundation sale going on for $15 off. I liked it so much, that I ended up buying a backup bottle too. Since this has no sunscreen in it, you don't have to worry about it destabilizing your sunscreen or causing flashback in pictures.

My local counter was awesome about giving samples so I suggest you ask since it's such an investment. Also, I'm dry with extremely sensitive skin due to rosacea but am not really prone to breakouts.

on 2/22/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this last week..not intending to purchase yet ANOTHER foundation I 1- dont need and 2- not my color. I was in Saks just passing thru and I stopped by the GA counter where this guy lured me in only because I was merely curious about the foundations. Well to make a long story short, the next thing I knew I was sitting in the chair and he was taking off my makeup w/ a wet cloth. I let him know several times i was very hard to match but he insisted there WAS a color to match me. He matched me with #8 and indoor lighting, it was a great match. I was excited and plunked down the $60 and was eager to try it out the next day. I got home and since it was dusk outside i couldn't tell if it was still a match. The next day I reapplied it with natural sunlight and -of course- it was a shade too dark :( Although it wasn't THAT obvious, it was noticable to me.. it looked like i had been in the tropics and I looked bronzed but i think i need a shade lighter- just until summer hits. I mix it w/ my MUFE #123 and it's better. I like the consistency and the luminosity it gives as well as the finish, but again, the shade is wrong. I won't purchase again only because I will end up with another color that I will have to mix it with in order to get the right shade. So far, the only foundation that matches is my MUFE so i should just stick with that and quit monkeying around w/ others. I only gave it a 3 star because of that. I was looking at the swatches on this makeup and i think i will need to mix it w/ the 6.5 (the #7 looked too pink) but I'm not going there. Too bad - I'm going to use what I have because it was friggin expensive but not going to repurchase.
UPDATE: 03-07-12 - I decided to go back to Sak's and exchange it for the 6.5... a MUCH better color for me. I will see how it goes tomorrow when i start from scratch. (( Crossing my fingers )) ;)

on 1/13/2011 2:00:00 AM

This foundation is beautiful, however somewhat drying. Very little powder is needed. It offers alot of coverage yet feels lightweight and not as cakey as, for example, Laura Mercier liquid foundation. Sometimes you can't find the right color and need to buy two and mix the colors - which sucks bc this stuff is pretty pricey. However, it will last a very long time so I guess its worth it considering the quality.

on 6/14/2010 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Pure silicone with very little pigment. hate this stuff!! I'm getting a rash just writing this review, yuk. I have to admit though... it does look very pretty on other ladies I've seen wear it but I am sensitive to cones, although if it's far down on the list of ingredients I can tolerate some. But this is like 100% SILICONE, not for me.

on 1/4/2007 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A lot of hype but really not that great, at least for me. Of course the packaging is fantastic, color selection is the best for neutrals that I've ever seen but the product did not make my skin look great. For the price that I payed for it, it wasn't worth keeping. After a week of using it I returned it. This makeup, on my skin, made it look dry side and it didn't wear too well throughout the day either(I have sensitve skin that is slightly dry). The biggest reason that I returnd it is that it was clogging up my pores.I think they need to work on their formula a little more.

on 4/8/2006 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

All I had was a sample of this, but I am glad I didn't buy it. Two days after I wore this, I noticed little bumps all over the side of my face where I applied this. As the week went on, the little bumps started to itch and burn!
Apparently, there is something in this foundation that I am sensitive to, although I am not sure what. I read the ingredients, and nothing was unusual to me. Good thing I tested this foundation on only one side of my face. That is how I am certain it was this product that caused the reaction.Too bad, because it seemed like a fairly good product, and I do love Armani eyeshadows. Guess I just have to stick with my Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (which is actually excellent). continued >>

on 1/27/2006 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Okay, I had to totally revise this review after realizing that you MUST use a brush to apply this foundation.

When I was using just my fingers, I had a very hard time getting it to blend evenly -- and if I used just a little too much, it would literally pool on my skin and stay wet, which was weird and annoying. I kept trying to work with it though because the color (#9) is a perfect match for my GGG skin and, most importantly, it doesn't break me out.

HOWEVER, for some reason, this morning, I remembered reading a review here that said it works well with the Armani foundation brush. I don't have one, but thought I'd give it a whirl with my Lancome brush and lo and behold ... what a huge difference. I can't believe what a flawless, natural finish I finally got, which is exactly what I wanted. Coverage is fairly sheer, but can be built up.

I'm more of the slap-it-on-and-go type, so the extra step of the brush is a bit annoying. Not sure I'd use it every day, but it's great for when I want a truly flawless, luminous look.

continued >>