Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.2

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I'm scared to review this but here it goes...I'm not impressed. It is of incredible quality but has a finish that doesn't suit my face: Satin and soft focus powdery. A great one if your skin has that quality naturaly, like my mom and a few friends with the peach fuzz! On those it would settle in nicely. My skin has a shiny quality I like and this tones it down a lot. This is why I gave it this rating. I like that the shade range is varied (24 shades in a luxury brand AND in a great formula). They also provide information as to wether the color is warm, red(cool), or neutral. The 9.0 neutral was a good fit for me. It's fabulous on camera. Especially under stark lighting, which makes sense for it's popularity in Hollywood. It provides that powdery yet radiant finish that looks great under flash and classic clothing. I prefer Koh Gen Do Aqua for the luxe glow though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this foundation even though there are a few things you should know if you have dry skin: 1. Wear this with Marc Jacobs coconut primer. It does cling to dry patches, though not too bad, it was enough to bother me. With the primer it is absolutely flawless. 2. If you have a red nose, it’ll take more layers, but sometimes it can get scaly if you’re not careful. Overall, it’s worth the price. I bought it during Sephora’s sale. It’s like no other foundation. I like light coverage, so one layer is enough, other than my nose. I use it with a beauty blender and it goes on fine. I bought shade 2, which is best for those fair ladies who can’t find shade matches, and with neutral to muted olive undertones or just slightly yellow.

BRILLIANT product! Exquisite texture! shockingly longstanding!
I had been quiet desperate before I found this product since I have tried quiet a few and none of them fully satisfied me. Nonetheless, this one is divine! especially in the manner of how long lasting in is. I check it after 8 hours without even bothering for touchups during the day, and it simply doesn't move nor fade. It blends like magic. Covers up any imperfection on my face, and still looks natural. Fairly close to be prince charming in a foundation bottle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really do like this foundation a lot! My only real issue with it is that even the lightest shade is still about two shades too dark for my super pale skin, so it means me having to mix in some white foundation to create a match, which is annoying.

The formula itself is lovely, it's sheer but does a pretty good job at evening out minor discoloration. As the name 'luminous' would suggest, it does leave skin with a bit of a glowy shine, which is lovely, though I would suggest you powder or blot your t-zone if like me you tend to turn into an oil slick after a few hours.

on 2/10/2016 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I waited a very long time before I allowed myself to try this foundation. My skin is NW13, combination/oily and acne-prone. I didn't want to try anything involving the word "luminous" because I like to stick to the matte look. One day I ventured over to the Armani counter and decided to get matched just for the fun of it, and to my surprise 3.75 was a spot on perfect match. I've never found a foundation to match as well as this one. That, and the foundation itself is absolutely wonderful. It's touted as sheer but it is completely buildable which I love. Whether I apply it with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush or simply with my fingers, the finish is flawless. It covers up all my imperfections (some spots, slight redness and visible pores) very well and makes my skin look super smooth. Again, since I prefer the matte look I top this with a translucent loose mattifying powder and Ben Nye Final Seal in order to keep everything locked and in place. It gives me a flawless finish which lasts the entire day. I LOVE this foundation and I highly recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation really did look great for a couple of weeks, no reactions or irritations. Then the nightmare began, I started to get clogged pores around my nose, chin and forehead. This foundation has bad ingredients that will be a nightmare for people with oily or combination skin. I really would stay away from this foundation plus it only lasts approx 4 hours then starts to slide off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

After much deliberation and trial, I've finally come to a conclusion regarding this product. Here are my major issues with this product. These issues result in this product receiving a 1 star review, as opposed to an average 3 star review.

A.) It's over-priced, with no luxurious ingredients to justify the cost. Additionally, the formula is very heavily fragranced and contains several skin irritants.The formula manages to include silicone and alcohol (two known irritants) within its first few ingredients.

B.) Beyond the problematic price and merely average packaging, Luminous Silk doesn't wear well. I'd excuse poor ingredients and heavy fragrance if the foundation provided a flawless finish, but even with a primer, clear skin, and proper moisturization, it separated within 3 hours, and became incredibly dry. (I use a silicone-free primer, which may not react well with the heavy silicone formula of Luminous Silk, but I have two other foundations in my rotation that contain silicone and function fine with the same primer.)

C.) Adding insult to injury, this product causes breakouts on otherwise clear skin. I have sensitive, fair skin, and occasionally experience breakouts from products. Often these breakouts are excusable, as the products are otherwise exceptional. With Luminous Silk, however, the breakout becomes unacceptable as the product offers only an exorbitant price, poor finish, short wear, and sub-par ingredient list,

In conclusion, this is by far the worst foundation I have ever used, with no redeemable qualities. As much as I detest literally throwing away 60 dollars, Luminous Silk will be entering my trash bin shortly. (Neiman Marcus has an incredibly restrictive return policy.)

Hope this review helps!

on 4/9/2013 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First I'll say I don't own one, but I let a make-up artist do me a make-up with this just yesterday. I am very pale so she used the shade #2 on me. Before foundation she used some serum for the dry areas and Armani BB cream to tone down the redness. She applied the foundation light-handedly, so the outcome was pretty natural looking, but nothing to wow! about. Matte and seemed to go well with my skin tone. When I arrived home a few hours later I noticed my face was yellow, ugh. Maybe it was the initial light or maybe it oxidized. Any way, pale skinned people, beware, and don't be too hasty buying it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Went everywhere looking for this. My local Nordie's and Bloomie's didn't carry it. And by chance, I found it at Barney's after waiting outside Neiman Marcus to open (didn't due to loss of power).

All the work to find out that it applies horribly. I feel like I'm rubbing a layer of gel on my face and it just sits there. The color is a good match, but not perfect.

And then I found out that my skin is reacting horribly to it. Red bumps and itchiness.

Why oh why did I throw away the receipt. B

Back to Nars Sheer Glow!

on 1/10/2013 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great foundation, didn't bother my skin. I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. The only prob I have is color choices.