Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Coverage: Medium, slightly build-able
Finish: Demi Mate
Price: 3/10
Packaging 10/10

I really wanted to like this product because everyone absolutely raves about it but it was NOT for my skin. This is my review for dry skin, slightly acne prone slightly texture skin.

The colour on my skin was wack, I have light skin with rosy undertones but this looked like white out on my face.The next shade with my proper undertone was for medium skin.

Foundation blends pretty good but come on its medium coverage, how thick can it be if its mostly water, alcohol denant and cyclopentasiloxane

Coverage was disappointing if im using a 70$ foundation i want it to cover at least some of my redness and dont want to have to use multiple layers.

The finish is what threw me for the biggest loop, i know some brand like Nars will have foundation names that suggest quite dewy but are more mate or satin but this was medium coverage marketed as luminous so i thought it would have a bit more of a wet look. nope looked quite powdery and drying on the skin

Price is expected for a prestige brand but the value isn't there because of the need to build.
The packaging is vanity candy though,it just says i'm boujee

Overall i'm disappointed and quite surprised because of all the hype, would probably work best for someone who uses a brush for their foundation ( I used hands and brush and brush looks best ) I'd be wary to us with a sponge because its watery and again this is $70 foundation that needs to be build a bit so you'd want all the coverage you can get. I'd suggest this for someone with more normalized oil levels which already has quite smooth skin and little acne and discoloration. The BEST way i got this to work is by mixing some facial oil in to counteract the mattifying effect, spot conceal redness and imperfections with a concealer either before or after and stipple on a layer concentrating on center of face.

on 6/10/2018 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just HATE not liking this. There are so few foundations that really work well for mature skin and this is always been touted as one of them.

But not for me.

I wanted something that provides some even-ing out redness and that left a radiant finish. And I didn't want it to immediately sit in fine lines.

But it jumped to my lines and did nothing to even out my skin tone.

And that was trying it with multip!e primers but ALWAYS sunscreen underneath. These days, If a foundation doesn't work over a serious sunscreen, pass it by.

Plus with all the unhelpful shade numbers, and that thing at Sephora that types your skin color, my share still looked awful.

$64.00 - what a waste of $$$.

on 3/14/2017 12:57:00 PM

I tried two testers from this foundation and all I can say that if you have an oily and acne prone skin like mine, this is not for you.

Bought this foundation because of all the hype and I love luminous dewy foundations. This was not luminous on me whatsoever. It clung to my dry patches, wore off within 3 hours (with primer) and looked cakey. I tried everything from moisturizing to exfoaliating. This foundation just did not work for me. The coverage is definitely light. I was hoping more for a medium coverage and this does not build well in the nose area. I did however use up the whole bottle, but will not be repurchasing again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Having always had normal/dry slightly cakey prone skin.. I think I've found my HOLY grail foundation.
I first tested it out with a generous tester from the SA in Selfridges (always get testers before you commit)!!!
My face looked healthy, dewy natural and luminous without even the slightest hint of it being cakey. even if I layer it on. 😍 (If that doesn't deserve a 5* rating then I don't know what does)
Slightly pricey but worth investing if you're dry skinned like me that wants a luminous but natural finish.

BRILLIANT product! Exquisite texture! shockingly longstanding!
I had been quiet desperate before I found this product since I have tried quiet a few and none of them fully satisfied me. Nonetheless, this one is divine! especially in the manner of how long lasting in is. I check it after 8 hours without even bothering for touchups during the day, and it simply doesn't move nor fade. It blends like magic. Covers up any imperfection on my face, and still looks natural. Fairly close to be prince charming in a foundation bottle.

on 5/30/2016 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not great. I have normal to dry skin and this did nothing for me. My skin did not look luminous or dewy, it just looked matte. The coverage is light to medium and although I ordered number 5 which was supposed to be for light to medium skin with neutral undertones it was quite pink. Another down side to this foundation is it has a fragrance which is not good for my sensitive skin and it brought me out in pimples. Sorry but big thumbs down. :-(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the most expensive foundation I have ever purchased but I'm so glad that I did.

I'm NC15 and while shade #3 was too golden, shade #2 was just right. In fact, it's one of the best foundation matches I've ever gotten. That alone is worth its weight in gold! I'm pale but have warm undertones as well as pink cheeks from rosacea and a very pale neck so finding the right match is sometimes very hard.

I use a Beauty Blender to apply this and it makes my skin look amazing. My pores look smaller, the redness and my cheeks is much less noticeable, and my skin just looks airbrushed. The finish is similar to Dior Airflash but this is easier to work with and much less wasteful. Plus, this doesn't irritate my face the way the Dior does.

I managed to snag this when Dillard's had a foundation sale going on for $15 off. I liked it so much, that I ended up buying a backup bottle too. Since this has no sunscreen in it, you don't have to worry about it destabilizing your sunscreen or causing flashback in pictures.

My local counter was awesome about giving samples so I suggest you ask since it's such an investment. Also, I'm dry with extremely sensitive skin due to rosacea but am not really prone to breakouts.

I was expecting A LOT more from this foundation. I was expecting this would be HG foundation. It's a very nice foundation but I was amazed that I still prefer MAC studio fix or Cover FX to this. It didn't bring me out. If you have the extra to spend and want to try something new, go for it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really do like this foundation a lot! My only real issue with it is that even the lightest shade is still about two shades too dark for my super pale skin, so it means me having to mix in some white foundation to create a match, which is annoying.

The formula itself is lovely, it's sheer but does a pretty good job at evening out minor discoloration. As the name 'luminous' would suggest, it does leave skin with a bit of a glowy shine, which is lovely, though I would suggest you powder or blot your t-zone if like me you tend to turn into an oil slick after a few hours.