Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.5

on 3/14/2017 12:57:00 PM

I tried two testers from this foundation and all I can say that if you have an oily and acne prone skin like mine, this is not for you.

Bought this foundation because of all the hype and I love luminous dewy foundations. This was not luminous on me whatsoever. It clung to my dry patches, wore off within 3 hours (with primer) and looked cakey. I tried everything from moisturizing to exfoaliating. This foundation just did not work for me. The coverage is definitely light. I was hoping more for a medium coverage and this does not build well in the nose area. I did however use up the whole bottle, but will not be repurchasing again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Having always had normal/dry slightly cakey prone skin.. I think I've found my HOLY grail foundation.
I first tested it out with a generous tester from the SA in Selfridges (always get testers before you commit)!!!
My face looked healthy, dewy natural and luminous without even the slightest hint of it being cakey. even if I layer it on. 😍 (If that doesn't deserve a 5* rating then I don't know what does)
Slightly pricey but worth investing if you're dry skinned like me that wants a luminous but natural finish.

BRILLIANT product! Exquisite texture! shockingly longstanding!
I had been quiet desperate before I found this product since I have tried quiet a few and none of them fully satisfied me. Nonetheless, this one is divine! especially in the manner of how long lasting in is. I check it after 8 hours without even bothering for touchups during the day, and it simply doesn't move nor fade. It blends like magic. Covers up any imperfection on my face, and still looks natural. Fairly close to be prince charming in a foundation bottle.

on 5/30/2016 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not great. I have normal to dry skin and this did nothing for me. My skin did not look luminous or dewy, it just looked matte. The coverage is light to medium and although I ordered number 5 which was supposed to be for light to medium skin with neutral undertones it was quite pink. Another down side to this foundation is it has a fragrance which is not good for my sensitive skin and it brought me out in pimples. Sorry but big thumbs down. :-(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is the most expensive foundation I have ever purchased but I'm so glad that I did.

I'm NC15 and while shade #3 was too golden, shade #2 was just right. In fact, it's one of the best foundation matches I've ever gotten. That alone is worth its weight in gold! I'm pale but have warm undertones as well as pink cheeks from rosacea and a very pale neck so finding the right match is sometimes very hard.

I use a Beauty Blender to apply this and it makes my skin look amazing. My pores look smaller, the redness and my cheeks is much less noticeable, and my skin just looks airbrushed. The finish is similar to Dior Airflash but this is easier to work with and much less wasteful. Plus, this doesn't irritate my face the way the Dior does.

I managed to snag this when Dillard's had a foundation sale going on for $15 off. I liked it so much, that I ended up buying a backup bottle too. Since this has no sunscreen in it, you don't have to worry about it destabilizing your sunscreen or causing flashback in pictures.

My local counter was awesome about giving samples so I suggest you ask since it's such an investment. Also, I'm dry with extremely sensitive skin due to rosacea but am not really prone to breakouts.

I was expecting A LOT more from this foundation. I was expecting this would be HG foundation. It's a very nice foundation but I was amazed that I still prefer MAC studio fix or Cover FX to this. It didn't bring me out. If you have the extra to spend and want to try something new, go for it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really do like this foundation a lot! My only real issue with it is that even the lightest shade is still about two shades too dark for my super pale skin, so it means me having to mix in some white foundation to create a match, which is annoying.

The formula itself is lovely, it's sheer but does a pretty good job at evening out minor discoloration. As the name 'luminous' would suggest, it does leave skin with a bit of a glowy shine, which is lovely, though I would suggest you powder or blot your t-zone if like me you tend to turn into an oil slick after a few hours.

on 11/21/2015 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have tried so many foundations it's not even funny. I truly think that, now I've found LS my search is over.
Let me preface with a bit about my skin type. Hormonal (and sometimes extra) acne prone, but being (somewhat) managed with prescription retinol cream and spironolactone. These treatments make my skin even more sensitive than it initially was. I also have very uneven, blotchy skin with lots of old red acne scars and large pores.
This is the only foundation that not only covers and evens out my skin without looking like a thick mask but also doesn't sink into pores, cling to downy hairs, slide off my face in an oily pool or settle into my emerging lines.
I used to get similar results from diorskin nude, and maybe the first 20mins of using a mineral makeup alone (afterwhich it became an oily pool).
Truly amazing stuff- I've used it with a few different primers and found the Hourglass mineral one to keeps it on all day. I also dust BE very lightly over the top to make it a bit more matte and a bit of extra coverage on some areas.
Yes, the price is, well, kind of insane. But, it can be found at a decent discount online and personally I think it's worth it. Am so sick of foundations that make me look gross, damn the expense!
The packaging is alright, nice solid bottle and pump dispenser that hasn't broken and dispenses the right amount of product. Only problem is that when it runs out, the last bit in the bottle is a pain to get out- the pump doesn't get it and I have to use a cotton bud.
In all, I highly recommend and will continue to fork out for this still unless I find something better (am always trying new products.)

on 9/5/2015 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

When a male friend notices & remarks on how great your skin looks you know you have found THE foundation. The one. Great coverage without feeling or looking false. This hides my rosacea without upsetting my sensitive skin with 2 pumps. Worth. Every. Penny.